Electric skateboards are taking the market by storm. Gone are the days where you had to use lots of effort to ride your skateboard. Nowadays, you can depend on a motorized unit that gives the same if not better experience. The devices come in all manner of sizes, designs, shapes, power and more to suit the different needs.
Some people opt for the long board, others prefer the medium-size, while some desire the small sized. The power needs for a seasoned user will also be different from a beginner. In these top 12 best electric skateboards in 2017 reviews – buyer’s guide, we will start by breaking down the features of a good accessory and thereafter; we will list down the products we believe are the best in 2017.
- Top 12 Best Electric Skateboards in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
- 12. Atom Longboards Atom Electric H.4 Skateboard – 400W Hub Motor – 55Wh Li-Ion Battery
- 11. JCB H4 electric skateboard with super quiet hub-motor & ergonomic remote control-Free Ship
- 10. BLITZART Huracane 38″ Electric Longboard E-Skateboard Motorized Electronic Hub-Motor 3.5″ Wheels
- 9. HoverboardX, KooWheel D3M Electric Skateboard Updated Version – Dual 250W Hub Motors – Wireless Remote and 25 MPH Max Speed
- 8. KooWheel D3M Onyx Edition Electric Skateboard
- 7. Genesis Hellfire Electric Skateboard – Orange Wheels
- 6. Maxfind New Design Electric Skateboard
- 5. Maxfind New Design Electric Skateboard
- 4. LiftBoard Single Motor Electric skateboard
- 3. Yuneec E-GO2 Electric Skateboard
- 2. Maxfind New Design Electric Skateboard
- 1. Yuneec E-GO2 Electric Longboard
Top 12 Best Electric Skateboards in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
12. Atom Longboards Atom Electric H.4 Skateboard – 400W Hub Motor – 55Wh Li-Ion Battery
- By: Atom Electric
Rated at 400 watts, this electric longboard will make skateboarding easy and effortlessly. It consists of a midsize board and hub motors that are integrated inside the wheels. The unit is powered by a 55Watt-hour rechargeable lithium-ion battery and features regenerative braking that conserves energy.
- The board is well-designed and feels solid
- It’s among the lightest boards in the market
- The skateboard is very trendy and user-friendly
- It’s not the most powerful
- The skateboard is fairly slow
- It’s not very effective for seasoned users
11. JCB H4 electric skateboard with super quiet hub-motor & ergonomic remote control-Free Ship
- By: JCB
You may believe that the JCB H4 electric skateboard is a normal skateboard because of the hub-motors being placed within the wheels. In addition to saving space, this design also improves maneuverability. It comes with a sturdy board to accommodate heavy users and will achieve a speed of up to 11mph. The ergonomic remote allows you to effortlessly and conveniently select your preferred function. Simply push it forward to accelerate and pull it back to decelerate or brake. You also don’t need to worry about its portability since it only weighs 8 pounds.
- A very intuitive board that is easy to learn and use
- The hub-motors are hard to notice and also very silent
- The motor is user-friendly and very responsive
- The top speed lags behind some of its rivals
- The board isn’t fit for very heavy people
- It looks a bit plain
10. BLITZART Huracane 38″ Electric Longboard E-Skateboard Motorized Electronic Hub-Motor 3.5″ Wheels
- By: BLITZART
The Blitzart Huracane electric board is 38 inches long and is recommended for users weighing up to 300 pounds. The deck comprises of 8-ply maple wood and a layer of bamboo for rigidity, while the grip tape and concave design provide a firm base and support. It features a hub-motor within its 3.5-inch wheels and runs on a 36V rechargeable Li-ion battery. Rated at 360W, the skateboard should last for up to 2.5 hours on full charge.
- Very smooth and silent operation
- Feels steady and solid even on rough surfaces
- Offers decent speeds and can reach 15mph
- It’s not waterproof
- The skateboard lacks brake power
- Compared to its close competitors, its power is a bit low
9. HoverboardX, KooWheel D3M Electric Skateboard Updated Version – Dual 250W Hub Motors – Wireless Remote and 25 MPH Max Speed
- By: HoverboardX
The KooWheel D3M electric skateboard by HoverboardX is constructed from high-quality Canadian maple wood whereas the wheels are made of polyurethane. The accessory comes in a sleek and elegant design and is suitable for users who weigh 286 pounds or below. It features dual brushless hub motors and is rated at 250W. The skateboard can reach a top speed of 25 mph on flat surfaces and has a range of 22-25 miles on a single charge. The battery requires about 2 hours to recharge fully.
- The ergonomic design makes using the board easily
- The board produces very minimal sound almost inaudible
- It’s quite trendy and stylish
- The hub motors aren’t the strongest
- The battery takes a bit longer to recharge compared to other skateboards
- It’s not waterproof and shouldn’t be used in wet environments
8. KooWheel D3M Onyx Edition Electric Skateboard
- By: HoverboardX
Skating at speeds of 25mph is possible with this electric skateboard by HoverboardX. The deck is made from Canadian maple wood and can accommodate people who weigh up to 286 pounds. The polyurethane wheels house the hub-motors that provide a peak power of 250W. The dual-powered unit runs on a powerful rechargeable lithium-ion battery and has a range of up to 25 miles. Controlling the skateboard is as easy as using the ergonomic remote control that features speed up, slow down, and reverse.
- It’s very stylish and modern
- The board feels firm and strong even for heavy people
- The remote control is very responsive
- Its light weight makes carrying easy
- Charging is relatively slow
- The motors lag behind in terms of power
- It’s not fit for extreme use
7. Genesis Hellfire Electric Skateboard – Orange Wheels
- By: Genesis
The Genesis Hellfire skateboard may look simple and feel light but is among the sturdiest types on our list. On a single charge, this skateboard will run nonstop for about 20 miles and will need 2.5 hours for the battery to recharge fully. It can attain speeds of up to 20 mph and will still feel stable and also takes corners easily. Like other top items, it also relies on a wireless remote control for accelerating and braking.
- It’s a light skateboard and easy to carry
- It comes fully assembled and ready to use
- Besides its comfort, it’s also very silent
- It’s not meant for heavy people
- The power though decent isn’t the best
- The board is fairly long
6. Maxfind New Design Electric Skateboard
- By: Maxfind
The Maxfind electric skateboard is suitable for both newbies and seasoned users. It consists of an aluminum truck, 8-ply maple deck, and dual motors rated at 1000W. The unit weighs approximately 12.1 lbs/5.5 kgs and can support users weighing up to 220 lbs/ 100 kg. The accessory can achieve a top speed of 17mph/ 28 kph and is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that takes about an hour to recharge fully.
- Provides a smooth and comfortable ride
- Takes corners quite smoothly
- It takes a short time to get used to it
- Some people find the speed a bit slow
- It’s best suited for beginners and intermediate users
- It’s not the most powerful
5. Maxfind New Design Electric Skateboard
- By: Maxfind
The Maxfind New Design electric skateboard only weighs 12.1 lbs (5.5kgs) but can support users as heavy as 100kg/220 pounds. Its sturdiness is credited to the 8-ply maple deck that measures 37.99 by 10inches and the 9.5-inch long aluminum truck. It features polyurethane wheels and dual motors each producing 500 watts. The rechargeable Li-ion battery on full charge allows the skateboard to reach up to 28kph/ 17mph and needs one hour to completely recharge. It is suitable for wet condition thanks to the IP5 waterproof rating.
- The skateboard length is quite decent for most users
- It’s easy to use the board even for first timers
- The battery charges relatively fast
- It’s well-made and pretty solid
- Not quite effective for seasoned users
- It’s not well-suited for steep inclines
4. LiftBoard Single Motor Electric skateboard
- By: LiftBoard
This belt-driven electric skateboard relies on a single motor to deliver up to 900watts of power. It measures 39 inches long and has a top speed of 16mph. The deck is made of 7-ply maple wood and features 80mm polyurethane wheels. The accessory is very silent courtesy of the ABEC 5 bearings and also easy to carry thanks to the built-in handle grip.
- The skateboard is well-made and quite solid
- Its ergonomic design makes it easy to use
- Carrying is a breeze thanks to the handle grip
- Although well-built, it’s not effective for extreme sporting or heavy-duty usage
- It looks somewhat plain
- The deck is a bit thin compared to other options
3. Yuneec E-GO2 Electric Skateboard
- By: Yuneec
This electric longboard by Yuneec comes in a kicktail shape for better performance and stability. It is designed for any user whether a beginner or experienced and has a range of up to 18 miles. The speed can be varied to suit the terrain or individual’s preference, but the maximum achievable speed is 12.5mph. It comes with positive braking system for improved safety and also to save energy.
- Offers a smooth and silent ride
- It comes in a good design, and the stability is excellent
- First timers will find it easy to use
- The skateboard is fairly slow
- It’s relatively heavy especially when carried for a long time
- The range isn’t the best on the market
2. Maxfind New Design Electric Skateboard
- By: Maxfind
Boasting of an 8-ply maple deck, 3.25-inch polyurethane wheels, and a 9.65-inch aluminum truck, this electric skateboard will attain speeds as high as 17mph/28kph and support weight up to 220lbs/ 100kgs. The fairly light skateboard weighs 5.5 lbs, and its dual motors produce a maximum of 1000watts. It’s IP65 waterproof and will remain effective even in moderately wet environments. The lithium-ion battery requires approximately 60 minutes to fully recharge whereas the remote control is useful for accelerating and braking.
- Learning curve is short
- The battery charges within a short time
- The ride is smooth, and the board is solid
- The skateboards isn’t the fastest
- It struggles to go uphill
- It’s most suitable for beginners and not advanced users
1. Yuneec E-GO2 Electric Longboard
- By: Yuneec
The Yuneec E-GO2 electric skateboard may look simple but packs quite a punch. Its simple shape and innovative surface provide good grip whereas its decent length will support most people. The sturdy constructions provide the strength and durability needed for day-to-day use whereas the sturdy wheels improve maneuverability. It offers a range of up to 18 miles, has a top speed of 12.5mph, and positive braking.
- It’s a decent skateboard and also very silent
- The performance is fairly good for such small motors
- It’s undoubtedly among the trendiest e-skateboards on offer
- The board is a bit too slow
- It’s also fairly-heavy and bulky
- It’s not a heavy-duty skateboard
There goes our review of the top 12 best electric skateboards in 2017. With any of these items, you will have more fun and rewarding experience while skateboarding on the streets, at the park, or anywhere else. Our aim was to educate you on the important features to look at and also to give you details of the top sellers in the market.
With this knowledge, we believe that you will find something worth your time, effort and money. Simply click on the associated button to place an order. Also, do not forget to leave a comment or share an experience you had with an electric skateboard.