The kind of wheels on your skateboard will influence the nature of ride and experience you will have. These accessories will determine how fast you go, how well you will maneuver corners and curves, the stability of the board, and intensity of wheel bite. Choosing the wrong wheel is one of the mistakes made by many people and many will only realize the faults after spending money.
The skateboard may be a bit noisy, the ride won’t be very smooth, the wheel bite will be too much, or the wheels will start wearing off sooner-than-later. Whether a beginner or a seasoned skateboarder, your desire is to get the best product. This top 12 best skateboard wheels in 2017 reviews shed more light on the important characteristics and summarize the 10 best products on the market.
- Top 12 Best Skateboard Wheels in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
- 12. Spitfire Formula Four Skateboard Wheels
- 11. Spitfire Formula Four Conical Skateboard Wheels
- 10. Spitfire Bighead 51mm White W Blue Skate Wheels
- 9. Blank Skateboard Wheels
- 8. Sector 9 Nine Balls Skateboard Wheel, Blue, 61mm 78A
- 7. Spitfire Bighead Skateboard Wheels
- 6. Everland Skateboard Wheels
- 5. Everland Skateboard Wheels
- 4. Choice Skateboard Wheels
- 3. Spitfire Bighead Skateboard Wheels
- 2. Tiger Boards Skateboard Wheels, Tiger Boards 59mm Skateboard Wheels 78a (4 Pack)
- 1. Everland, 52mm Wheels w/ Bearings & Spacers (all color)
- Final Word:
Top 12 Best Skateboard Wheels in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
12. Spitfire Formula Four Skateboard Wheels
- By: Spitfire
This set contains 4 wheels made of polyurethane and is designed for use with skateboards and longboards. They come in an orange color that gives them the elegance and measure 54mm in diameter. This diameter together with the durometer of 101A provides decent speeds, good cornering, and also smooth riding on the street.
- The wheels are pretty trendy and colorful
- They are made from a durable material
- They offer a smooth and silent ride
11. Spitfire Formula Four Conical Skateboard Wheels
- By: Spitfire
Many people are first drawn to these wheels because of their amazing graphics and colors. Coming in green and black, this set of 4 is designed for both skateboards and longboards. Each wheel has a diameter of 53mm and durometer of 101A and this makes them perfect for many settings including street skating, performing tricks, riding uphill or downhill and more. They come in a conical shape that minimizes rolling resistance and makes you move faster and take corners better.
- The wheelset is very elegant and come with amazing graphics
- They produce minimal noise and roll resistance
- They offer good grip and are easy to install
10. Spitfire Bighead 51mm White W Blue Skate Wheels
- By: Spitfire
Coming from the Spitfire brand are these nice looking skateboard wheels. The 4 wheels are made of PU and come in a blend of white and blue color. Each wheel has a diameter of 51mm, a durometer of 99A and the wheel set weighs less than 0.44 pounds. They are designed for use in many situations including the park or street and are renowned for the good contact patch and stability even at high speeds.
- They are pretty light and easy to use
- The wheels produce minimal noise even on rough surfaces
- They are well-made and feel pretty solid
9. Blank Skateboard Wheels
- By: Blank
The Blank brand is known for producing quality and reliable wheels for skateboards, longboards and related accessories. This set, for instance, will work with most skateboards and is also easy to fit. It comes with a diameter of 53mm and allows you to take curves and turns fast, easily perform flips and also power sliding. The material is pretty solid and should last for a long time.
- Feel solid and well-made
- Can be fitted within minutes
- Offer a smooth ride with minimal noise
8. Sector 9 Nine Balls Skateboard Wheel, Blue, 61mm 78A
- By: Sector 9
Coming in a diameter of 61mm and durometer of 78A, this skateboard wheels by Sector 9 are quite common in the market. They are based on an advanced formula that uses classic urethane to produce high-quality wheels that offer a smooth and flawless ride. This is improved by the 36mm contact patch and center-set core that offers a firm grip while reducing rolling resistance.
- The wheels are trendy and well-made
- They provide a smooth and silent experience
- The grip is firm even on wet surfaces
7. Spitfire Bighead Skateboard Wheels
- By: Spitfire
The Spitfire Bighead Skateboard Wheels are available in many colors and sizes to suit your needs and desires. Common sizes include 48, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 57, 59, 63 and more whereas the colors consist of white, blue, and green, red, orange and more. They are made from high-quality urethane material for good contact patch, stability, rolling resistance, and durability.
- Excellent speed and contact
- Range of sizes and colors
- Should last for a long time
6. Everland Skateboard Wheels
- By: Everland
Any serious skateboarder should consider these wheels from the Everland brand. They have a diameter of 52mm and can be classified as among the small types. This makes them great for cornering, flips and street use. They are fairly hard with a durometer rating of 99A and should last for a long time. Also included in this set are 8 ABEC-7 bearings and 4 spacers.
- Their small size makes them perfect for trick and street skating
- Offer smooth and silent operation
- They are sturdy and well-made
5. Everland Skateboard Wheels
- By: Everland
Also from Everland are these 4 wheels that will fit on different types of skateboards and longboards. Each wheel comes in a decent size and measures 65 x 51mm. Like other top products, they are made of quality polyurethane that is revered for good grip, reliability, good shock absorption, minimal noise, and longevity. They look very trendy courtesy of their stone ground clear red color.
- They hold the bearings pretty well
- The wheels are sturdy and also affordable
- The ride provided is smooth and silent
4. Choice Skateboard Wheels
- By: Choice
It’s common to see these skateboard wheels by Choice being used by beginners as well as seasoned users. They come with a durometer of 99A and are not very soft or too hard. This makes skateboarding at the park or on the streets more rewarding. The wheels have a diameter of 52mm and are good for normal day-to-day use, street skating, and trick skating.
- They are well-made
- The quality is pretty decent
- There is minimal shaking or noise
3. Spitfire Bighead Skateboard Wheels
- By: Spitfire
This set of wheels is designed for both skateboards and longboards. Each wheel measures 52mm in diameter and is well suited for taking sharp and accurate corners, performing tricks and flips, and also use on the streets. This is boosted by their light weight and contact patch that offers the user better control.
- They not only look great but also feel solid
- The graphics on the wheels is amazing
- The performance from these wheels is excellent
2. Tiger Boards Skateboard Wheels, Tiger Boards 59mm Skateboard Wheels 78a (4 Pack)
- By: Tiger Boards Skateboard Wheels
The Tiger Boards skateboard wheels are crafted from top-quality urethane and will offer decent performance on varied surfaces. This set contains 4 mid-sized wheels each measuring 59mm. The super smooth wheels allow you to smoothly glide without causing too much noise. Their softness is evidenced by their durometer rating of 78A and this guarantees you of minimal vibration.
- They come in a range of colors
- They are super soft and this makes the ride quite smooth
- They look nice and the price is also friendly
1. Everland, 52mm Wheels w/ Bearings & Spacers (all color)
- By: Everland
This set by Everland contains 4 high-quality skateboard wheels. Each comes with a diameter of 52mm and will fit different kinds of skateboards as well as longboards. With a durometer rating of 99A, they are not very soft or too hard, and this makes them a good choice for day-to-day use. Also included in this set are 8 ABEC-7 Bearings and 4 Spacers.
- The wheels look nice
- They are well-constructed and feel solid
- Offer a good grip and slide smoothly
After reading the top 12 best skateboard wheels in 2017 reviews, we now believe that you are not only more knowledgeable and familiar with the different types of skateboard wheels but should be able to choose the perfect item the first time. We started off by walking you through the important features which include material, diameter, durometer, profile, and contact patch.
Thereafter, we listed the top 12 products in the current market. Our study was based on stability, quality of ride, performance, durability, rolling resistance, noise level, grip and much more. Choosing the right accessory is now in your hands. Simply go through the review and buying guide and make a choice.