Without the trucks, the skateboard would be useless. This simple T-shaped accessory holds the wheels and bearings and is mounted beneath the board. It provides the needed stability, helps the user maneuver the device, reduces wheel bite, and also keeps the rider safe especially at high speeds or when taking sharp corners. There comes at a time when you may need to purchase a new truck.
This may be necessary if your existing truck isn’t offering the desired performance or has failed (broken, damaged…), or you are making your own skateboard from scratch. While you can easily find the accessories, knowing which the best is is the biggest challenge. The good news though is you don’t have to spend countless hours, sleepless nights, or rely on trial & error. Simply go through this top 10 best skateboard trucks in 2017 reviews and get a good product.
- Buyer’s Guide:
- Top 10 Best Skateboard Trucks in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
- 10. Havoc 5.0 Skateboard Trucks
- 9. Paris V2 Amanda Powell Pro Model 180mm Longboard Skateboard Trucks Set of 2
- 8. Paris Street 108mm Raw Skateboard Trucks (Set Of 2)
- 7. Paris Street Skateboard Trucks – 108mm
- 6. Yocaher, LONGBOARD Skateboard TRUCKS COMBO
- 5. Caliber Truck Co. 10-Inch Skateboard Truck (Set of 2) all color
- 4. Gullwing Sidewinder II Longboard Trucks – Blue/Orange – 10.0″
- 3. Gullwing Stalker 40 Degree Trucks (Set of 2), Black, 9.5-Inch
- 2. Thunder Skateboard Trucks, THUNDER HI 147 SONORA BLACK (Set Of 2)
- 1. Independent Skateboard Trucks, INDEPENDENT Skateboard Trucks
Top 10 Best Skateboard Trucks in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
10. Havoc 5.0 Skateboard Trucks
- By: Havoc
These trucks are made from aluminum alloy and are much lighter than most options in the market. The Havoc 5.0 comes with a 5-inch hanger and measures approximately 7.5 inches from end to end. It is thus suitable for decks of up to 7.5 inches. It weighs about 1.45 pounds and is black in color.
- The truck is well-priced
- It feels very solid and the flex is consistent
- The simple design makes fitting straightforward
- It’s not suitable for decks larger than 7.5 inches
- The item doesn’t come with mounting hardware
- The kingpin is somewhat long and the bushing isn’t the best
9. Paris V2 Amanda Powell Pro Model 180mm Longboard Skateboard Trucks Set of 2
- By: Paris
Just the way it looks professional, the Paris V2 Amanda Powell truck will also give you professional results. The pair measures 180mm and is designed for skateboards and longboards. It features an aluminum molded hanger and base plate for strength and longevity whereas the 90a urethane bushing delivers good shock and impact absorption. This minimizes any road vibrations especially on rough surfaces and offers an amazing the experience better.
- The trucks are all rounded
- Besides its solid feel, this truck is also among the lightest
- The price on this unit is good
- Some users say it may wobble a bit at high speeds on declines
- It’s a little big on an 8.25 deck
- The hardware isn’t included in the pack
8. Paris Street 108mm Raw Skateboard Trucks (Set Of 2)
- By: Paris
Skating in a more stable and consistent manner is what these trucks by Paris Street promise to deliver. Measuring 108mm, the units will fit on many skateboards and longboards on the market. They come in a simple and easy to mount design that can be done even by people with minimal skills. Besides serving as replacements for existing trucks, this pair can also be used on a newly made skateboard.
- The design is not only simple but also stylish
- It feels stable on various terrains
- The trucks can be used by beginners, intermediate as well as advanced skateboarders
- The trucks are available in pairs (2 sets) only
- They aren’t the lightest in the market
- The design is rather blunt
- No hardware is included in the set
7. Paris Street Skateboard Trucks – 108mm
- By: Paris Truck Company
These skateboard trucks are a good option for most users. The versatile units can be used by beginners who wish to learn the activities, daily users who skateboard on the streets or professions who perform flips, tricks or compete. They measure 108mm and come with a low-profile that provides minimal wheel bite, boasts turnability, and also offer better grind clearance. Weighing about 1.5 pounds, this accessory is fairly light.
- The trucks are among the lightest on offer
- They are quite versatile and will work in most situations
- Despite their light weight, they are quite stable
- It may wobble a bit while at high speed or slopes
- The trucks are a bit costly when compared with other top sellers
- The design is fairly plain
6. Yocaher, LONGBOARD Skateboard TRUCKS COMBO
- By: Yocaher
The Yocaher skateboard package gives you all you need for the ultimate skateboarding experience. It features 71 x 51mm wheels, 9.75-inch black polished trucks, heavy-duty kingpin, 90A PU bushing, and a 175mm hanger. The trucks are made of high-grade aluminum alloy and together with the 2 1 / 4-inch riser pads will improve stability and grip while reducing wheel bite.
- All the parts are of high quality
- The kit will work with most skateboards and longboards
- Looked and feels great
- The bearings speed isn’t that fast
- The screws are a bit short and you may struggle to fit them through the risers, board, and trucks
- It’s not really designed for heavy-duty application
5. Caliber Truck Co. 10-Inch Skateboard Truck (Set of 2) all color
- By: Caliber Truck Co
Designed for a 10-inch axle, these trucks by Caliber Truck Company can be fitted on most skateboards and longboards. The pair contains 2 sets and consists of a 44-degree base plate, Blood Orange 89A double barrel bushings, and grade 8 steel Kingpin. The hanger’s 44-degree angle improves stability and cornering, the kingpin keeps everything intact, while the bushing minimizes wobbling at high speeds or sharp cornering. The whole set measures about 2.6 pounds.
- The truck set looks great and amazing
- It’s reasonably priced despite its high quality
- It fits perfectly on the recommended decks
- The top plate is very sturdy
- The wheelbase is a little short
- Not the lightest trucks
4. Gullwing Sidewinder II Longboard Trucks – Blue/Orange – 10.0″
- By: Gullwing
Anybody looking for trucks for their skateboard or longboard should consider the Gullwing Sidewinder II. It’s well-known for its patented design that gives it better stability, improves performance and speed, and also reduces wheel bite. This is credited to the double action pivot that gives the rider full control and also takes advantage of the user’s momentum to go faster.
- Provides a smooth and almost flawless ride
- Works with many types of skateboards and longboards
- Turns smoothly even on sharp bends
- It’s not the lightest as it weighs abut 2 pounds
- The unit isn’t for extreme performance
- It needs fine tuning so as to give the best performance
3. Gullwing Stalker 40 Degree Trucks (Set of 2), Black, 9.5-Inch
- By: Gullwing
Weighing about 2.15 pounds, the Gullwing Stalker trucks are suitable for decks measuring up to 9.5 inches. It comes in a set of 2, black in color, and works with both longboards and skateboards. The accessory features a 40-degree kingpin for improved stability and better response, dampener bushing and free-floating axle to minimize road vibrations, and a solid hanger.
- Definitely among the best all-around trucks.
- The bushing is quite soft and offers good shock absorption and damping
- Feels very stable even when taking sharp corners or downhill
- They won’t last for very long under extreme performance
- The price of these trucks is a little high
- Slightly wobbles on steep downhill
2. Thunder Skateboard Trucks, THUNDER HI 147 SONORA BLACK (Set Of 2)
- By: Thunder Skateboard Trucks
The Thunder skateboard tracks are available in a set of 2 and are black in color. They are made from aluminum alloy and weigh about 1.3 pounds. Featuring a high-profile, they can accommodate different wheel sizes and are suitable for the streets, cruising, skateboards, longboards nd many other uses. The unit is best for decks up to 8.o inches
- Looks great and is also very versatile
- The flex is decent and this improves handling
- It’s one of the most-affordable skateboard trucks
- Is not very appropriate for decks larger than 8.0 inches
- Not perfect for going downhill at high speed
1. Independent Skateboard Trucks, INDEPENDENT Skateboard Trucks
- By: Independent Skateboard Trucks
This skateboard trucks by independent Skateboard measure 129mm and comes in a pair consisting of two pieces. They are designed for decks measuring between 7.4 and 8 inches. This kit contains a T6 baseplate and hanger, grade 8 steel kingpin, solid chromoly steel axle, and supercush cushions. All these accessories work together to provide smooth and comfortable ride while minimizing wheel bite, road vibrations, and wobbling.
- Offer high performance
- The various parts are well-made and durable
- The wheel bite is very minimal
- Not fit for decks larger than 8 inches
- It doesn’t come with any hardware
- Not recommended for wheels larger than 55mm
Whether buying a replacement for your skateboard or longboard or building a new board, you need to invest in the best trucks. Failing to do so will greatly undermine the experience and possibly increase the risk of injury. For instance, too much wheel bite or lots of wobbling downhill can lead to you falling down.
You will also find it hard to fit larger wheels or performing some flips if the truck’s profile is too low. After comparing the different trucks by looking at the critical features, we have managed to summarize the top 10 best skateboard trucks in 2017. By choosing any of these items you are more guaranteed of a seamless, exciting and less-risky experience.