Men love wool coats for many reasons. One, they want to look stylish and trendy. Two, the material is renowned for its good warmth, comfort and smooth to the skin. Three, the coats come in all manner of shapes, sizes, and designs. Four, wool is relatively easy to maintain and retains its shape and integrity for a long time. However, despite being in the market for decades, many people struggle to find the right wool coat.
You will hear some complaining about it being too long or too short, too wide or too narrow, or not offering the desired comfort and warmth. A poor product will lose its shape after a few washes and the color may start running. Besides educating you on the important features, this top 10 best wool coats for men in 2017 reviews also summarizes the top products in the market.
- Top 10 Best Wool Coats for Men in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
- 10. Lucky Brand Ayer Wool Coat for Men
- 9. Calvin Klein Wool Scarf Coat for Men
- 8. Perry Ellis 28-Inch Wool-Blend Jacket for Men
- 7. SSLR Men’s Classic Double Breasted Wool Coat
- 6. Andrew Marc Libert Wool 4-Pocket Men’s Coat
- 5. SSLR British Single Breasted Men’s Wool Coat
- 4. Nautica Men’s 37-inch 3 Button Wool Topcoat
- 3. Match Men’s Classic Pea Wool Coat
- 2. APTRO Wool French Front Business Coat
- 1. BGSD “Mark’ Classic Pea Coat for Men
Top 10 Best Wool Coats for Men in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
10. Lucky Brand Ayer Wool Coat for Men
Coming in a double-breasted design, this black wool coat by Ayers guarantees you of maximum warmth and comfort. It’s made from 62 % wool, 30% polyester while other fibers account for 8%. It’s very stylish thanks to the design and front buttons. It features a hook collar latch for a better-fit and smooth interior for better comfort.
- Easy to wear
- Good fit
- Elegant and trendy
- Warm and comfortable
9. Calvin Klein Wool Scarf Coat for Men
The Calvin Klein brand has a good reputation when it comes to fashion. This medium gray wool coat blends fashion and quality. It’s targeted at men who want to look classy and stay warm at the same time. Wool is main material of construction and accounts for up to 62%.
Polyester accounts for 28%, Rayon 5% while other fibers account for 5 %. This men’s outfit is revered for good quality, easy maintenance, and nice fit. It will fit men of different sizes including tall, medium, short, lean and slightly big. It features interior and exterior pockets for holding stuff, open cuffs, detachable scarf and wing collar.
- Good warmth and very comfortable
- Quality fiber and ultra smooth finish
- Nice fit and stylish
8. Perry Ellis 28-Inch Wool-Blend Jacket for Men
Comprising of 52% Wool, 30% Polyester, 6% Nylon, 7% Rayon and other fibers, this charcoal-colored jacket coat by the Perry Ellis is perfect for the cold season. It’s targeted at men of different sizes and comes in a modern and trendy look.
The 28-inch outfit features a zip-front for easy wearing and removal and a standing-collar jacket for a classy appeal. The open-bottom jacket has a nice fit while the zipper closure provides a nice comfort and fit.
- Nice quality and design
- Very warm and comfortable
- Good tailoring and quality fibers
7. SSLR Men’s Classic Double Breasted Wool Coat
This navy wool coat by SSLR is tailored for men and is among the popular types on the market. The trendy coat is mainly made from wool that accounts for 60% of the fabric while polyester takes 40%.
It comes with two front pockets for easy storage and convenience, shoulder epaulets for a better fit, and a slim fit for added elegance. The dry clean only coat boasts of quality fibers that can tolerate regular use and offer the desired comfort.
- High-quality craftsmanship
- Good and comfortable fit
- Perfect for men of different sizes
6. Andrew Marc Libert Wool 4-Pocket Men’s Coat
If you desire a nice warm black wool coat, then the Libert Wool 4-pocket coat by Andrew Marc should be perfect. It’s well-known for providing nice warmth especially in the cold weather and a super soft and sleek finish. This outfit blends a range of materials including Wool (63%), Polyester(28%), Rayon (6%) and other fibers account for 3%.
the zipper closures make wearing and removal easy while the 4 front pocket offers a nice holding point for keys, credit cards, phones and other accessories. It features fleece-lined pockets and a removable quilted bib.
- Feels very warm and comfortable
- Doesn’t get dirty easily
- Beautiful and elegant
5. SSLR British Single Breasted Men’s Wool Coat
Coming in black color is this classy wool coat for men. The British styled single-breasted garment offers good warmth and feels soft on the skin. It features a thick fabric for good insulation in the cold weather and comes in a slim fit design. It is easy to wear and remove and isn’t creased easily. However, it is recommended for dry cleaning only to protect the fibers.
- Thick and warm
- Strong fibers and very resistant
- Soft and smooth texture
4. Nautica Men’s 37-inch 3 Button Wool Topcoat
The Nautica top coat is targeted at male users and is ideal for the cold season. The woolen outfit comprises of wool (53%), polyester (32%), Rayon (7%), and other fibers (8%). The modern-styled coat features a 3-button closure for a better fit and a slim-fit design for smartness. Although it provides good warmth and has a nice coverage, this coat is relatively lightweight compared to others.
- Good arm length and nice fit
- Decent material
- Comfortable and long-lasting
3. Match Men’s Classic Pea Wool Coat
Made from wool and polyester, this black pea coat is designed for men. It is perfect for the winter season and should keep you warm in the low freezing temperatures. The Pea coat comes in either a single and double-breasted design to suit your needs and is easy to wear. The sturdy front buttons offer a nice and firm fit while the fashionable cut ensures you look cool and classy.
- Nice design and quality craftsmanship
- Good warmth and very comfortable
- Strong and durable
2. APTRO Wool French Front Business Coat
Stay warm in the cold season with the APTMO French front wool cotton. The black coat is suitable for casual and official wear and is made of high-grade wool. It features a French front for added glamour and a slim fit for the snug fit. The pure wool offers amazing insulation for keeping you warm and also gives the coat its light weight. It maintains its shape for a long time since it doesn’t shrink, pill, or fade.
- Good looking and fashionable
- Quality craftsmanship and durable
- Great warmth
1. BGSD “Mark’ Classic Pea Coat for Men
The BGSD “Mark’ Classic Pea Coat is meant for male users and comes in black. The shell consists of 70% wool and 30% polyester while the filling and lining are made from 100% polyester. It one of the most comfortable and warm coats in the market. Measuring 32 inches from the center back, this outfit has a nice fit for most men.
The Polyester insulated lining feels soft and smooth and won’t irritate the skin. It comes in a double-breasted designed for a better fit while the regular fit creates adequate space/room in the chest and waist region.
- Looks great and elegant
- Feels very warm and comfortable
- Has a nice fit
- Nice and deep side pockets
Best Men’s Wool Coat – Buyer’s Guide
When choosing a wool coat for a man, you should focus on these things:
- Comfort: the outfit should be comfortable to wear and shouldn’t make you sweat a lot or feel too tight. The fabric also needs to be smooth on the skin.
- Warmth: Usually, these coats are worn during the cold season. They ought to have good insulation that keeps you warm in the low temperatures.
- Fit: A nice coat will fit you just right. It won’t leave too much space or look bulky. It also shouldn’t be so tight such that turning or stretching is a problem.
- Quality: Like any other coats, woolen types should provide good service for a long time. It’s therefore important to pay attention to the quality of material and construction.
- Design: To look fashionable and trendy, you should go for coats that are elegant and stylish. This ensures that you look and feel smart while keeping warm.
Choosing a wool coat for men doesn’t have to be a hassle. You also shouldn’t lose sleep because you don’t know where to start. All you need is paying attention to the important features. These include quality of material, quality of construction, fit, design, size, comfort, warmth, price, color and brand reputation.
All these information is already a mouthful. You can nonetheless go the shorter route of relying on a review such as this one. We have begun by focusing on the vital features then afterward have listed the best items. The featured coats guarantee you of good comfort, warmth, durability, good fashion sense, easy maintenance, and are affordable.