When it comes to dirt bikes, one brand that stands out is Razor. In fact, if you are an avid supporter or enthusiast of this sport, you most likely have come across different models. Some are suited for beginners; others for younger riders while there are those targeted at more mature or experienced users. With the popularity of this outdoor activity growing by the day, it’s always important to choose the best item right from the start.
You can make this possible by going through these top 10 best Razor dirt bikes in 2017 reviews and buyer’s guide that begins by looking at the most important features, and then afterward list the top 10 accessories on the market. We believe that after reading this review, you will be able to find the right product to suit your needs. Skip to the best Razor dirt bike on Amazon.
- Top 10 Best Razor Dirt Bikes in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
- 10. Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket
- 9. Razor MX400 Dirt Rocket
- 8. Razor MX650 Electric Dirt Bike
- 7. Razor MX400 Dirt Electric Rocket
- 6. Razor MX350 Electric Dirt Bike
- 5. Razor MX650 Rocket
- 4. Razor MX500 Dirt Rocket
- 3. Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket
- 2. Razor SX500 McGrath Dirt
- 1. Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike
Top 10 Best Razor Dirt Bikes in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
10. Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket
- By: Razor
This dirt bike is ideal for dirt riding or motocross and is designed for young riders. It is electrically powered and runs on a 24-volt power source. The steel bike can supports users weighing up to 140 pounds and features large 12-inch pneumatic knobby tires for providing good traction, maximum support, and maneuverability. The torquey motor offers adequate power to scale the hills and a responsive throttle to deliver the power seamlessly.
- The adjustable handlebars improve control
- It’s well-built to tackle the harsh conditions
- It’s relatively powerful but still very silent
9. Razor MX400 Dirt Rocket
- By: Razor
The Razor MX400 can be used by both beginners as well as intermediate riders. It’s mainly suited for riders aged 6 to 9 although it may still work for older ones who aren’t very huge. The bike’s able motor together with the Lighted Valve Stem give it fast acceleration and enable it hit a maximum speed of 12mph.
it features a hand operated brake for the rear tires and large knobby tires that provide a firm hold and reduce vibrations and shocks. The battery-powered electric bike comes with dual suspension for a smoother ride, while the adjustable riser handlebars improve driveability.
- The power generated is quite impressive
- It handles the hills quite well
- The steel frame is very strong
- Assembling it is simple and easy
8. Razor MX650 Electric Dirt Bike
- By: Razor
If you have kids aged 12 years or above, then this electric dirt bike from Razor should be a good choice. It comes with a heavy-duty steel frame that can accommodate riders weighing as much as 220 pounds. The powerful electric motor delivers good torque to tackle the inclines, decent braking for fast stops and slowing down on the declines.
Its top speed is about 17mph, which makes it one of the fastest razor dirt bikes. The bike comes with dual disc brakes for efficient braking and twist-grip acceleration control for improved acceleration. The rechargeable battery should last for about 40 minutes before requiring a power boost.
- The motor is pretty powerful and also very silent
- The bike delivers good torque and power
- It comes with variable speed that makes the ride more engaging
7. Razor MX400 Dirt Electric Rocket
- By: Razor
Capable of hitting a top speed of 14mph, the MX400 Rocket should be a good choice for many people. It will ensure the other competitors “eat” your dust as is speeds through the dirt. Like other top sellers from Razor, it also comes with large 12-inch pneumatic knobby tires that are revered for their good grip and optimum transfer of power.
The chain-driven bike comes in a single speed which is much smoother and also very quiet. The sturdy steel structure together with good suspension should accommodate riders weighing up to 140 pounds. This dirt bike is most suited for riders aged 13 years or above.
- Assembling the bike is pretty easy and straightforward
- It’s a good choice for both beginners and intermediates
- The assembly instructions are simple and clear
6. Razor MX350 Electric Dirt Bike
- By: Razor
The MX350 Dirt Rocket is famed for its good performance on dirt or motocross. This is credited to its solid design and decent suspension that reduce impact, shocks, and vibrations, as well as the powerful 350-watt motor. The steel frame, 12inch pneumatic knobby tires, and suspension unit are designed to handle users weighing up to 140 pounds.
Power is delivered to the rear wheels via a chain and comes in a single speed. The powerful and silent bike can reach speeds of 14mph without struggling while the adjustable riser handlebars give the rider more freedom and control.
- The motor though powerful is very silent
- The ride is smooth and the throttle very responsive
- It’s a well-built and strong bike
- The suspension system is pretty nice
5. Razor MX650 Rocket
- By: Razor
This electric bike by Razor will tackle the dirt with ease thanks to its powerful electric motor. Delivering up to 650 watts of power, this electric bike is undoubtedly one of the most powerful from the brand. It is designed for experienced riders who want to push themselves to the limit. And to complement the high power and torque, it comes with a strong steel frame that can hold up to 220 pounds.
The bike includes three 12-volt rechargeable batteries that provide power to the motor and enable it to hit speeds as high as 17mph. It features pneumatic knobby tires for improved grip and handling, riser handlebars for better maneuverability, and dual suspension for improves comfort and shock absorption. The bike comes with a chain-driven motor and variable speed.
- The power and torque is pretty awesome
- It’s a heavy-duty and well-designed bike
- The throttle response and braking is top notch
4. Razor MX500 Dirt Rocket
- By: Razor
Intermediate and seasoned riders should find the MX500 worth a thought. It’s well built from premium steel to tolerate the rough terrains and vibrations and comes with a powerful 500-watt motor. On flat surfaces, it will easily hit speeds as high as 15mph and will feel stable and responsive thanks to the large pneumatic knobby tires and dual suspension.
The bike also includes an adjustable riser handlebar, retractable kickstand and an authentic frame geometry that is perfect for riders weighing up to 175 pounds. The MX50, however, is recommended for users aged 14 years and above.
- The bike’s quality is very good
- It delivers a smooth and comfortable ride
- The motor is well-powered and not noisy
3. Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket
- By: Razor
This electric motocross bike is good for different terrains and is designed for people of 13 years and above. It comes with an electric motor that delivers up to 350 watts of power and is powered by two 12-volt rechargeable batteries. The power is delivered to the rear wheels via a chain and comes in a single speed.
To make the ride smoother, less bumpy and comfortable, the bike features large knobby tires and dual suspension. Control is provided by the twist grip throttle while the rear brake is hand operated.
- The retractable kickstand is very convenient and user-friendly.
- Assembling the bike is easy even for people with little knowledge
- Power from the motor is good
- The bike responds well and also offers a smooth ride
2. Razor SX500 McGrath Dirt
- By: Razor
Symbolic with the legendary motocross rider, Jeremy McGrath, this SX500 dirt bike will give you a similar or better experience just like the rider. It features authentic dirt bike frame geography for handling the rough terrains, vibrations and impact, a powerful and torquey 500-watt motor, and variable speed motor for a better experience.
The dual suspension, large pneumatic knobby tires, and frame are designed for up to 175 pounds. Also included are three 12-volt rechargeable batteries, McGrath graphics, riser handlebars, hand operated dual disc brakes, and retractable kick start.
- The bike is very sturdy and well-built
- It’s both powerful and torquey
- Can easily reach speeds of up to 15mph
1. Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike
- By: Razor
Offroading, motocross and riding in the dirt are what this bike is meant for. The midsize bike is suitable for riders aged 13 and above and is also fit for beginners and intermediate users.
It comes with a 350-watt electric motor that is linked to the rear wheel via a chain. The ride is more engaging and smooth courtesy of the variable speed while the large knobby tires handle the bumps and impacts quite well. It is designed to hold up to 150lbs and has a top speed of 12 mph.
- Sturdy and elegant bike
- It’s super quiet despite the powerful motor
- The price is among the most competitive
Pre-Purchase Consideration to Razor Dirt Bike:
Finding a Razor dirt bike is pretty easy thanks to its ready availability, good reputation and a wide range of products. Nonetheless, what may be a perfect choice, for now, may soon be overtaken by time. Also, your riding skills, age, weight and more will greatly influence the best bike. To prevent making a wrong decision, you need to look at the following:
- Size: the size of the bike should be directly related to the rider. The Razor MX350 is the smallest and measures 44 x 24.5 x 31 inches, Razor MX650 400 is the largest and measures 56 x 24.5 x 36 inches while the MX400 falls in between. However, it’s always important to go a size higher to accommodate future growth.
- Age: The bikes are normally categorized according to the rider’s age. Razor MX350 is targeted at 5 – 8-year-olds, Razor MX400 for 6-9 year riders, Razor MX500 for 8-14 yrs, and MX650 for users above 10 years.
- Younger riders start with basic bikes and will move on to more powerful bikes as their age and skill increases. Also, a stronger and bigger bike will be needed to support bigger and more mature users. Nonetheless, you can choose a bigger bike if your child is growing much faster.
- Experience: A seasoned rider can handle a more powerful bike like the MX500 or 650 whereas beginners normally start with lower powered MX350 or 400.
- Bike’s Weight: A small rider will face difficulties when lifting a big and heavy bike. He/she is more susceptible to injuries and falling since controlling such bike is more difficult. It’s advisable to select a product based on user’s weight and strength.
Other important issues include safety rating, budget and consumer reviews.
Investing in a Razor dirt bike is a good idea if you want to see your kid(s) have more fun outdoors. In addition to being a fun activity, it also sets a foundation for a riding or racing career. These bikes are designed for the rough terrains and young riders and should serve you well for many years to come. You, however, need to select the right type depending on the age, size, and weight of your child, experience, and skill, and the budget as well.
We have made it much easier for you to make the right decision. All you need is looking at the above reviews on top 10 best Razor dirt bikes in 2017 and selecting your preferred item. No need to look at every product relies on guesswork or spends too much money on an unproven product.