hospital beds are designed for use by ill or bed-ridden people. These beds have special features such as adjustable height, side rails, head, leg feet sections that can be elevated. This type of beds is not only designed to provide comfort and ensure the well-being of the patient but is also designed to provide convenience for the health worker attending to the patient. These beds are versatile and can be used at home for those receiving care, or for the elderly.
Anyone who wants to acquire a hospital bed needs to know the basics of this product, including the types available, how it works, and safety precautions related to its use. Hospitals beds are classified into two main types owing to their mode of operation. These are the manual and electric hospital beds.
- List Of Top 10 Best Hospital Beds Reviews in 2017:
- Which is The Best Hospital Beds:
- 10. Graham Field’s Patriot Hospital Bed
- 9. Hill-Rom P1170C Hospital Beds
- 8. Drive Medical Hospital Bed – Hospital Beds
- 7. Drive Medical Med Aire Low Air Loss Mattress Replacement System with Alternating Pressure – Hospital Beds
- 6. Alternating Pressure Mattress by Vive – Hospital Beds Includes Electric Pump & Mattress Pad -Fits Standard Hospital Beds
- 5. LUCID Hospital Bed L300 Adjustable Bed Base -Hospital Beds Motorized
- 4. Classic Brands Hospital Bed Adjustable Comfort Adjustable Bed Base with Massage, Wireless Remote and USB Ports, Hospital Beds Full
- 3. Rize Elevations Hospital Bed, Hospital Beds Adjustable Bed Size: Full
- 2. Drive Medical Hospital Beds Med Aire Low Air Loss Mattress Replacement Systems with Alarm, 8.”
- 1. Invacare 5410IVC Hospital Beds, 6629, 5185 5410IVC Full-Electric Homecare Bed
- Tips for Choosing The Best Hospital Bed:
- Buyer’s Guide:
List Of Top 10 Best Hospital Beds Reviews in 2017:
Manual beds are adjusted physically while electric beds can be used and with just a click of a button once they are powered. Currently, electric hospital beds dominate the market because they are more convenient to use than manual hospital beds. Both types are moved with each leg having its wheel at the base. Skip to the best hospital bed on Amazon.
Which is The Best Hospital Beds:
10. Graham Field’s Patriot Hospital Bed
Patriot electric hospital bed by Graham Field is an incredible option available on the market for your patient. If you want to have a quality bed without parting with a fortune, then you’ve got to give it a shot. Coming with a 1633-innerspring mattress, it’s clamp-on rails will excite you even more.
Its grid sleep surface offers unrivaled comfort while its full adjustability lets your patient relax and feel comfortable. It’s ergonomically designed and constructed to provide the best healing environment for any patient with excellent features put in place to guarantee utmost relaxation.
Its electric adjustability allows caregivers to conveniently raise or lower it when giving special care or changing the linen. It’s a lightweight bed weighing 178 pounds when fully assembled. Although this isn’t the lightest, it’s a front leap.
Its high-performance DC motor lets you effortlessly adjust height while the pre-installed foot section facilitates easy disassembly. Designed to beat HCPCS requirements, it can support patients with up to 350 lbs weight.
9. Hill-Rom P1170C Hospital Beds
Hill-Rom is yet another impressive option available on the market for any patient. Integrating some of the latest features and technology, it comes fully equipped to provide ace star comfort and flexibility of the patient. Designed for medium to low acuity patients especially those placed in medical-surgical setup, you will love its tranquility.
Its design is mainly aimed at helping caregivers by assisting them in providing the basic tasks like movement, positioning or transporting the patient from one point to another. Coming with a foam mattress, scale, boards and detachable controller, you will love its one-touch button operation even more.
It’s adjustable to a dining room chair when the patient wants to assume an upright posture. The shearless pivot mechanism eliminates the need for caregivers to position their patient constantly. What’s more, its 4-wheel locking brake system coupled up with a brake off alarm makes its operation a breeze.
The battery backup helps in the nursing and patient controls. The raised headboard gives caregivers an opportunity to easily and conveniently transport their patients without much hassle.
8. Drive Medical Hospital Bed – Hospital Beds
By: Drive Medical
Coming with a bed frame whose versatility allows it to be used with other bed ends, Drive Medical hospital bed is another incredible option available for you. Its easy-to-use controls let you control movement conveniently and comfortably without much hassle. For
For an effective and fast change of rotation of the high or low shaft, this bed comes with a transition box which facilitates the change. Its fully self-contained motor reduces weight and noise making it really awesome.
How about when there is power failure? If that’s your worry, you’d be pleased to know that it comes with a 9A battery which can be used in case of power failure. Its UL approved thus meets every safety recommendations and standards.
The channel frame construction provides unrivaled strength while its break and scratch resistant wood grain panel make it really adorable. The headboard is also taller than the footboard which is typically the most acknowledged design.
7. Drive Medical Med Aire Low Air Loss Mattress Replacement System with Alternating Pressure – Hospital Beds
By: Drive Medical
The Med Aire Alternating Pressure Mattress Replacement System hospital bed provides irregular pressure and is designed to be used in the prevention, treatment, and management of Pressure Ulcers. Its mattress has 20 air bladders, with laser holes to achieve the low air loss function that increases patient’s comfort by keeping the affected area cool and dry ensuring a quick recovery.
It has Aire cells that are 8″ high and are constructed of 40% nylon/60% PVC for endurance and durability, and they are easily removed and replaced, and a CPR valve allows for rapid deflation. The mattress cover is zippered and is made of quilted, urethane coated, nylon fabric which is, water resistant, vapor permeable, machine washable and low sheer which safeguards the patient’s skin and comfort.
The “Whisper Quiet” pump produces a consistent air flow and the special vibration isolating features ensure that the patient rests easily. The LED and audible alarms provide critical performance data and alert a caregiver when the pressure falls below 10mmHG, guaranteeing the patient is always comfortable. Its mattress can operate in an alternating or static pressure mode
- Its cover is made of Nylon which is low shear, fluid-resistant, vapor permeable, quilted and zippered.
- It features “WHISPER QUIET” pump that produces consistent air flow.
6. Alternating Pressure Mattress by Vive – Hospital Beds Includes Electric Pump & Mattress Pad -Fits Standard Hospital Beds
The Vive alternating pressure mattress is designed to provide relief from bed sores and ulcers caused by prolonged bed rest. VIVE Hospital Bed is equipped with 130 individually heat sealed air bubbles for even weight disbursement and superior support. VIVE Hospital Bed can also be placed on top of a regular bed mattress. It has air-filled channels that interchange was filling up and decompressing to keep bearing weight off certain areas, thus allowing blood flow to reach different areas of the body of immobilized or weak patients who cannot shift their weight regularly.
- It has ultra-quiet Pump.
- It is easy to set up and comes with a clear user manual to guide you.
5. LUCID Hospital Bed L300 Adjustable Bed Base -Hospital Beds Motorized
The Lucid L300 has an adjustable bed base that offers a new level of comfort. With just a Simple push of a button on the wireless remote, you can set the perfect comfort position for yourself. It is easy to set up. It comes with exciting features like independent head and foot incline, dual USB charging ports, wireless remote with a flashlight, and a programmable memory position.
The motor is whisper-quiet and will not interrupt your sleep or your favorite movie. It has an attractive upholstered frame that adds to the style of your master suite. The manufacturer offers a 10-year warranty on this product. You can merge 2 Twin XL bases to make a King size bed by Just pushing them together for individualized comfort or sync them with the wireless remote control.
- It is available in both queen and Twin XL sizes.
- It has dual USB charging port for charging your smartphones.
4. Classic Brands Hospital Bed Adjustable Comfort Adjustable Bed Base with Massage, Wireless Remote and USB Ports, Hospital Beds Full
By: Classic Brands
The Adjustable Comfort Bed Base acts as a platform bed, creating more room for storing your necessities under the bed. The Adjustable Comfort Bed Base is great for the patient who needs to be elevated due to a medical condition, as well as clients who just want the lifestyle benefits of having an adjustable bed.
This bed offers maximum comfort because you can use its wireless remote to raise head and legs while the massage unit adds soothing comfort. It is perfect for a patient who is on bed rest since they can watch TV, read, or working on their computer. It is very easy to assemble; just unpack, assemble the frame and place your mattress on top. It works great with latex and memory foam mattresses as well as adjustable bed friendly spring mattresses. The Adjustable Comfort Bed Base has a sleek, contemporary design while providing the ultimate all-around support.
- It has Massage feature that relaxes patients.
- It has six legs for added support this exceeds industry standard of 4.
3. Rize Elevations Hospital Bed, Hospital Beds Adjustable Bed Size: Full
The R Elevation provides upper and lowers body position adjustments for your preferred level of comfort. Customization and personalization are just at your fingertips by a click of a button on its wireless remote. With its steel legs, you get balanced and stable support. It comes with a strong Velcro strap so that you can merge two beds if needed. It can hold up to a weight of 650 pounds.
- It has a quiet motor that allows you to enjoy your activities in silence.
- It includes two strong Velcro straps that allow you to merge two beds into one.
2. Drive Medical Hospital Beds Med Aire Low Air Loss Mattress Replacement Systems with Alarm, 8.”
By: Drive Medical
The Med-Aire Low Air Loss Alternating Pressure Mattress Replacement System is designed to be used in the prevention, treatment, and management of Pressure Ulcers. This combination therapy system provides both alternating pressure and low air loss to optimize pressure redistribution and manage skin maceration to prevent, treat, and manage pressure ulcers in the home, long-term or acute care settings
It has a digital pump with diagnostic alarms that allows customization of individual patients’ needs, and will auto return to alternating pressure mode if the system is left in static mode for more than 2 hours. With its Cell-on-cell design of 8″ deep air cells, you get 24 hours of power outage protection without it “bottoming out.”
Its bladders are easy to remove and replace while the 3-Air cells remain static to enhance patient comfort. It features LED and Audible alarms that activate when the pressure falls below ten mmHg. The Cell-on-Cell design prevents the patient from ‘Bottoming Out’ in the event of a power failure, ensuring their safety and comfort. The 8-inch cells are constructed of Nylon/TPU that is soft and lightweight, providing comfort to all users. In the event you want to deflate it, there are CPR valves that can do so in 20 seconds.
The 8 – LPM (Liters per Minute) pump produces consistent air flow. Its mattress has 20 air bladders, 9 with laser hose to achieve low air loss function helping to keep the patient cool. The zippered Nylon TPU cover material is water resistant, vapor permeable and quilted, making it ideal for hospital use.
- Its Pillow functions by maintaining the three air cells at the head of the bed in static mode for patient comfort.
- Its Dimensions include: 80″(L) x 36″(W) x 8″(H); Weight Capacity: 450 lbs; Pump Airflow: 8 PM; Cycle Time: 10, 15, 20, 25 Minutes.
1. Invacare 5410IVC Hospital Beds, 6629, 5185 5410IVC Full-Electric Homecare Bed
Invacare 5410IVc full electric homecare bed ensures that the head and knees of the patient are raised appropriately during the repositioning process. It comes with innerspring mattress 5185 and full rails 6629 Kit. Caregivers can easily adjust body position and bed height with spontaneous hand pendant. Its easy-to-setup design allows for quick installation of side rails, while its swivel wheels made of non-marring rubber allows the bed to be easily moved around.
This hospital bed measures 88 inches long and 36 inches wide, while its bed height ranges from a minimum of 15 inches above the ground to a maximum bed height of 23 inches. This hospital bed is washable with standard water pressure making it easy to clean.
- Durable panels are impact and scratch-resistant and washable for easy cleaning.
- Ergonomic hand pendant features heavy-duty, strain-relief cord.
Tips for Choosing The Best Hospital Bed:
when buying a hospital bed consider the size you want if it’s either for adults or children and the weight capacity to choose the appropriate one for the patient.
choose hospitals beds that are affordable, and that fits your budget while keeping in mind quality.
Mode of Operation:
these hospital beds are either operated manually or by using electricity: choose the electric ones as they are easy to use when adjusting positions.