Sometimes when you wear your eyeshadow, they fade fast or start to crease. This is mostly caused by oily eyelids, sun exposure, sweat and itchy eyes. When you experience this problem, the right product to use is an eyeshadow primer. The eyeshadow primer helps to maintain your eyeshadow all day long while intensifying the color. Unlike face primer, the eyeshadow primer is made with mild ingredients because the eyelids are thin and sensitive. Skip to the best Eyeshadow Primer on Amazon.
- List of Top 10 Best Eyeshadow Primers Reviews in 2018:
- Which Is The Best Eyeshadow Primer?
- 10. Ruby Kisses, 24 HR, Eyeshadow Magic Primers
- 9. UD Eyeshadow Primer, EyeShadow Primers
- 8. Jesse’s Girl EyeShadow Primers
- 7. Elizabeth Mott, Thank Me Later Eye Shadow Primers
- 6. Bare Minerals Prime Time Eye Primer, EyeShadow Primers
- 5. Maybelline Master Prime Long-Lasting Eyeshadow Base, PEyeShadow Primers 0.23 fl. oz.
- 4. NYX Professional Makeup Eyeshadow Base, EyeShadow Primers 0.28 Ounce
- 3. e.l.f. Essential Eyelid Primer-7501 Sheer – EyeShadow Primers
- 2. L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Eyeshadow, EyeShadow Primers, 0.42 Ounce
- 1. E.l.f. Glitter Primer, EyeShadow Primers
- Which is the best Eyeshadow Primer?
- Why do you need eyeshadow Primer?
- Tips for Choosing Eyeshadow Primer
List of Top 10 Best Eyeshadow Primers Reviews in 2018:
Which Is The Best Eyeshadow Primer?
10. Ruby Kisses, 24 HR, Eyeshadow Magic Primers
- By: Ruby Kisses EyeShadow Primer
Ruby eyeshadow primer is yet another reliable product whose outstanding excellence makes it quite impressive. It is the ultimate eye preparation primer and guarantees a long wear. If you are tired of constantly having to re-apply your eyeshadow simply because it cannot last a whole day, you definitely need to get a Ruby eyeshadow.
It’s a 24hr product thus ensures that you never need to keep re-applying your eyeshadow. After all, where can we even get the time to re-apply eyeshadow after every one hour in this busy world? This primer is quite reliable and convenient for modern working-class ladies and busy college students who have limited for makeups. It comes with an ultra-glide shear which works on your eyelids giving a perfect finish.
9. UD Eyeshadow Primer, EyeShadow Primers
- By: Primer EyeShadow Primer
UD is yet another reliable eyeshadow primer which not only gives you a glamorous look but also imposes some anti-aging components. This means that you kill two birds with one stone i.e. you look cute and kiss goodbye all aging signs at the same time. Its wonderful size is convenient for traveling which makes it quite handy and convenient.
It gives 24 hours of crease-free vibrant shadow and ensures that you keep looking beautiful and youthful all through the day. It’s even proven to gradually eliminate aging signs within 8 weeks. It also contains optical blurring pigments which get rid of flaws thus giving you a youthful look. Its ingredients are safe and suitable for any skin type.
8. Jesse’s Girl EyeShadow Primers
- By: Jesse’s Girl Eyeshadow Primer
With Jesse’s Girl eyeshadow primer, you will definitely feel the difference. If the primer you are currently using does not hold your eyeshadow for long, don’t panic. All you need to do is try Jesse’s Girl eyeshadow primer out. It provides a silky and crease-proof base for your eyeshadow application.
And yes, it holds your eyeshadow for 24 hours ensuring that you have an entire day of glamorous look. If you are looking for the perfect eyeshadow primer with an amazing ability to stick for a long time, try this primer. It comes with a doe foot applicator which ensures that you get a uniform and evenly applied layer. Its 4.5ML capacity makes it quite convenient and portable.
7. Elizabeth Mott, Thank Me Later Eye Shadow Primers
- By: Elizabeth Mott EyeShadow Primer
And finally, you will definitely thank me later once you try the new Thank me later eyeshadow primer. Elizabeth Mott tops the list thanks to its outstanding features and an amazing quality. It not only makes your shadow last the whole day but also intensifies and locks in your eye makeup. It adequately prevents creasing and fading of your eyeshadow all day long. And yes, it’s a waterproof, cruelty-free and long lasting eyeshadow primer whose lightweight makes it quite portable.
6. Bare Minerals Prime Time Eye Primer, EyeShadow Primers
- By: Bare Escentuals EyeShadow Primer
The first time I used this eye primer I was impressed. The silicone base makes dry out fast to make application of the eyeshadow easy. The ingredients work overtime to allow lively and long-lasting eyeshadow color. This eye primer tackles excess oil produced by the lids to prevent the eyeshadow from being greasy and creased. Whether you are going out during the day or night maintain a fresh look with the Bare Minerals Prime Time Eye Primer.
- This eye primer is designed for use with bare minerals eyeshadows.
- The texture is silicon-based.
5. Maybelline Master Prime Long-Lasting Eyeshadow Base, PEyeShadow Primers 0.23 fl. oz.
- By: Maybelline Newyork EyeShadow Primer
The Maybelline eyeshadow primer comes in 3 finishes; prime and illuminate, prime and matte, plus prime and smooth. With the soft gliding applicator, the application is flawless and precise. Furthermore, it extends your eyeshadow wear and enhances the color to make them pop. This eye primer is Ophthalmologist tested, therefore, it suitable for people with sensitive eyes and those who wear contact lens. Go ahead and create a gorgeous eye look that will last all day with this amazing eyeshadow primer.
- Comes with soft sponge applicator.
- It can be used alone to give you soft shimmering look.
4. NYX Professional Makeup Eyeshadow Base, EyeShadow Primers 0.28 Ounce
- By: NYX EyeShadow Primer
The NYX Eyeshadow primer is cream based and comes in 3 color options. You get a perfect application every time thanks to the included soft applicator. The tones help the eyeshadow appear more vivid, maximize any shimmering effect and help the colors to hold naturally. The primer can be used on sensitive skin because it is mild in your eyes. You can use it with the eyes to keep the concealer together because of its smooth, neutral texture.
- They are available in 3 colors.
- It helps eyeshadow stay all day long and intensifies the color.
3. e.l.f. Essential Eyelid Primer-7501 Sheer – EyeShadow Primers
- By: E.L.F EyeShadow Primer
This is yet another affordable eyeshadow primer by E.L.F. The primer is packaged in easy to use a tube and comes with a soft applicator. The primer contains vitamin A, C, and E which is suitable for delicate skin and reduces skin discoloration. When applied, it dries fast and provides a smooth look to the eyelids. The quality of the primer is smooth and greatly reduces fading of the eyeshadow. You can also use it under the brows as a highlighter. It is formulated with non-toxic substances such as parabens, chemical dyes or preservatives. Therefore it is safe to use on all types of skin.
- This Eyeshadow Primer protects the skin from discoloration thanks to Vitamins A, C, and E.
- It is smooth and spreads out evenly to create a long-lasting and crease-free eyeshadow.
2. L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Eyeshadow, EyeShadow Primers, 0.42 Ounce
- By: LA Girl EyeShadow Primer
This product is not an eye primer but an eyeshadow. Surprisingly, it can also work as an eyeshadow primer thanks to its nude colors that are perfect for the base and blending too. The palette comes in stunning colors that can be worn for a contemporary day look and wild night out wear. The colors are highly pigmented, and therefore you are assured of long-lasting eyeshadow wear. Also, the palette comes with a double edge brush and a mirror so that you can apply it anywhere you are.
- This eyeshadow palette host a variety of color options from bright and nudes plus shimmers and mattes.
- Each collection is packed in its sleek book with a double-ended brush applicator and mirror.
1. E.l.f. Glitter Primer, EyeShadow Primers
- By: E.l.f Cosmetics EyeShadow Primer
Topping this review is E.l.f glitter primer. The eye primer provides a smooth finish that allows your eyeshadow to last all day without creasing. The advanced formula used enhances fast absorption into the skin and ensures comfortable wear. Additionally, it is designed to last for long periods, with a unique bond that holds the glitter together. Furthermore, it is infused with Shea Butter and Jojoba that nourishes the delicate eyelids. If you love using loose or pressed glitter eyeshadows, then this is the perfect product to use.
- Features a lightweight liquid formula that quickly absorbs into the skin.
- It creates a lasting bond for stay-put glitter that holds all day.
Which is the best Eyeshadow Primer?
Eyeshadow primers come in either liquid or cream formulas. You can use a brush or your finger to apply it on your eyelid. The best eyeshadow primer should be able to maintain your eyeshadow color up to 16 hours and without giving you a rush or irritating your eyes.
Why do you need eyeshadow Primer?
You need an eyeshadow primer to prevent creases of on top of your eyelids, which can ruin your look. Also, it also intensifies your eyeshadow color to make the texture true and brilliant. What most ladies don’t know is that eyeshadow primer is versatile and can be a makeup hack in many ways. You can use it under your eyelids to prevent your eyeliner from running and concealer from creasing too. Apply the eye primer on top of your lips to make your lipstick last longer. When you are experiencing a face break out, you can apply it on top of your pimple and then cover it with foundation and powder. This will lock the scar and make it invisible until you take your make up off.
Tips for Choosing Eyeshadow Primer
When choosing eyeshadow primer, it is important to consider the following factors:
There are two types of eyeshadow primer tones. There are colorless ones and pigmented ones. The colorless ones can be used underneath several colors of eyeshadows. The colored ones can be used as an eyeshadow themselves although they prevent your true eyeshadow color from showing because you have two pigments instead of one.
The silicon-based eye primer is the most popular one that is used in the market. It dries fast, so it is important to blend your eyeshadow immediately, to avoid the colors not sticking. On the other hand, there is the cream based eye primer that does not dry easily. It will take you some time to blend. They are perfect for oily eyelids.
When making a purchase, choose an eye primer that fits your budget and offers outstanding results.
Staying Power: the main use of a primer is to make eyeshadow stay longer. Sometimes it is wise to test the staying power of an eye primer by using the already provided samples. It should last you at least more than 10 hours with the eye shadow.
It is important to know your skin type. There are people with normal, oily and dry skin. When shopping for a primer, you should choose the one that is appropriate for your skin. If you happen to have oily skin, choose primers which control oil and offer a clean look. Select hydrating formulas if your skin is dry. It is worth noting that, the eye primer should also be chosen according to the type of eyeshadow that is going to be used.
When purchasing a primer online, you can read the customer reviews of the eyeshadow primer before buying and see what the other users are saying about it. By doing so, you will have an idea of the advantages and disadvantages of the eyeshadow primer and how it performs on different skin types.
Step out with confidence without worrying about creased or slipping eyeshadow. Use one of the above primers to achieve clean, fashionable looks. My favorite eyeshadow primer is E.l.f Glitter Primer because it keeps all your glitters together without creating a mess and the eyeshadow lasts all day. Besides, it is budget friendly too. What are you waiting for?! Go and grab one of the above eyeshadow primers and look good all day.