Ceiling speakers are used for surround sound which is a great way to enjoy sound all over your house. They are good at saving space unlike having a bunch of giant speakers all over the place. When you have no experience with ceiling speakers’ brands, finding a good one for you can be difficult.
That is why we have decided to put together a list of the best ceiling speakers of 2023 on the market right now. When you are looking for the ideal speaker, it is important to choose carefully and consider a few factors like the sound quality and how safe the speakers are. Skip to the best In-Ceiling Speaker on Amazon.
List Of The Best In-Ceiling Speakers of 2023 Reviews:
10. Acoustic Audio R191 In-Ceiling Speaker
The R191 speakers are built to provide wide sound dispersion, allowing them to integrate with your current audio system seamlessly. Once they’re installed, it’s just a matter of driving power from your at-home receiver to achieve high fidelity sound.
Each woofer is retrofitted with rigid polypropylene cones and 12 mm soft dome tweeters that provide a frequency response of 45 Hz to 22 kHz (with 95 db at 8ohm). Customers appreciate that these speakers are super easy to install: the pressure lock mounting system clamps tight to drywall or can fit in round speaker holes.
- Easy to clamp to drywall or inside round speaker holes
- Very cost effective while still providing crisp sound
- Constructed with rigid, durable composite materials for long lasting performance
- Some say speakers lack bass
9. 652C Silver Ticket Speaker
Made with thick polypropylene and 16.5 ounce magnet drivers, the Silver Ticket provides surprisingly distortion-free sound considering it’s low price. Paired with a 20 mm silk dome tweeter, the sound produced from the speakers doesn’t carry a hint of harshness.
Due to their solid construction, this 6.5″ speaker can be mounted in bathrooms, saunas, and outdoor spaces. They are moisture and humidity resistant.
- Great for music, sports, and movies
- Moisture resistant for use in many different environments
- Use of thick tweeter decreases noisiness and harshness of sound
- No mounts provided to manually aim tweeter
8. 5252W Silver Ticket Speaker
The 5252W Silver Ticket produces excellent quality sound in even the most acoustically challenging environments. Built with thick mold-injected mica plastics and a silk dome tweeter, the speaker is guaranteed to achieve great clarity without excess noisiness.
In particular, customers appreciate the inclusion of a 15 degree pivot for the tweeter, allowing them to achieve perfect sound placement for their set-up. The dual pair of speakers are versatile enough to cover both simple stereo needs, residential audio, and theater systems.
- Includes pivot for tweeters to achieve better sound placement
- High grade rubber edge reduces vibration and increases audio accuracy
- Can be installed horizontally or vertically with ease
- Bass is somewhat low due to small size of the speakers
7. Yamaha NS-IW480CWH 3-Way in-Ceiling Speaker System
Though its unfamiliar design can be somewhat intimidating, the Yamaha NS produces natural and stable sound. The dual 3/4 inch dome tweeter and eight inch mica woofers keep the sound disturbance free.
Customers appreciate the inclusion of a swivel tweeter that allows for better sound dispersion across the room. The aluminum grill features a protective cover that makes it suitable for use in spas, bathrooms, and even saunas.
- Customers love the punchy bass provided by these Yamaha speakers
- Works for 5.1, 6.1, and 7.1 sound systems
- Protective casing allows for use in diverse environments
- Some complain that the plastic mounting system is tricky
6. Pyle Titanium Speakers 6.5” Ceiling Wall Mount Speakers
The Pyle 6.5 inch dual speakers are meant to produce everything from rich, powerfully loud sound to the quietest background music with high fidelity. It’s built with a manually directed, one inch titanium tweeter that allows for exceptional power handling.
With 250 Watts peak power handling, the Pyle speakers can reproduce sound carefully – as long as you’ve got the capacity to drive them. The speakers even boast integrated wiring switches that allow for easy connection and installation.
- Sound can be manually directed for creating best soundscape
- Features 70 volt transformer with 8 Ohm bypass that can handle both home and theater sound system set-ups
- Easy installation provided through convenient speaker terminals and flush-mount design
- Too heavy to install into ceiling tiles
5. Micca M-8C 8 Inch 2-Way in-Ceiling in-Wall Speaker
The M-8C speakers are two-way, in ceiling speakers with high excursion poly-plastic woofers and a thick, soft-dome tweeter. With a 6 dB crossover network, the M-8C boast perfect sound integration between the tweeter and woofer.
What does this mean? According to satisfied customers, these speakers achieve surprisingly smooth sound with deeper bass than most in-ceiling units ever achieve. These speakers are hardy enough to work well in professional or residential environments.
- Smooth sound achieved through tweeter-woofer integration
- Safe to paint speakers to blend in with home decor
- External grills are pressure-fitted onto speaker, making at-home speaker repair difficult
4. Yamaha NSIC800WH Two-Way Speaker
With a slim and light profile, the Yamaha NSIC speaker is perfect for squeezing into tight corners, wall mounting, or in-ceiling use. The polypropylene mica cone woofer allows for high performance sound reproduction on mid-range and high frequencies, which is more than suitable for most home applications.
Customers appreciate the small details that make these in-ceiling speakers worthwhile. The grain-finished exterior is lightly spiraled, allowing for even better sound dispersion across odd-shape rooms.
- Recommended for challenging acoustic environments or odd-sized rooms
- Slim profile fits into tight corners
- Tweeter swivels easily for effective high frequency output
- Some complain the magnetic grill can be tricky to reinstall
3. AmazonBasics 6.5″ Round In-Ceiling In-Wall Mounted Speakers, Set of 2
If you’re unsure what the best brands are, there’s no shame in opting for a classic AmazonBasics solution. The pair of 6.5 inch, two-way speakers provides excellent stereo separation for that “surround sound” feel.
Ideal for home theaters, these speakers boast a full-frequency range, sturdy composite-based woofers, and greater power at a lower wattage.
- Provides surround sound experience at a cheaper price
- Produces greater sound at a lower wattage (20 to 100 watts recommended)
- Tweeter is not moveable, creating limited sound directionality
2. AmazonBasics 8″ Round Wall-Mounted Speakers
Just like the AmazonBasics 6.5″ speakers, these speakers feature a composite woofer construction, one inch ring tweeter, and full frequency range with greater power at a lower wattage.
However, many repeat customers prefer the sound created by the 8 inch diameter speakers over their smaller counterparts. Larger speakers have the benefit of generating more accurate bass at comparative frequency responses; however, they may harder to justify in for small spaces or homes.
No matter what you choose, it’s hard to wrong with either the 6.5 or 8 inch speakers.
- Greater response at different frequency levels
- May feature richer sound for larger spaces
- Somewhat more expensive than the AmazonBasics 6.5″ speakers
1. Polk Audio RC80i 2-way Premium In-Ceiling 8″ Round Speakers
The Poly Audio Rc80i are more than worth the price tag. These timber-matched speakers are designed to elevate sound quality, making them ideal for theater set-ups and public use. Constructed with mineral-injected polymer and hardy composites, the dynamic 8″ woofer and 1″ tweeter add a greater level of depth to the sound.
These speakers are rust, wear, and water-resistant, which makes them safe for use in bathrooms or even outdoors spaces.
- Exterior grill is paintable to blend with home decor
- Hardy construction keeps speakers durable for years
- Water and rust resistant
- Speakers may need to “break in” by playing at moderately high volume for a few hours.