A good ladder is one of the boons of DIY adulthood. Conversely, if you have ever bought a ladder–one that looks perfectly good in the store–only to discover it is actually an awful ladder, you know how important it is to distinguish bad ladders from good ones. Skip to the best Extension Ladder on Amazon.
- Bestseller Extension Ladders On Amazon:
- List Of Best Extension Ladder Reviews in 2020:
- 15. Louisville Ladder FE3216 Fiberglass Extension Ladder
- 14. Werner D1116-2 Extension Ladders
- 13. Louisville Extension Ladder LP-5510-00 Series
- 12. Louisville Aluminum Extension Ladder
- 11. Louisville Ladder FM1416HD Fiberglass Twin Ladder
- 10. Louisville Best Extension Ladders 16 AL228P
- 9. Werner D1520-2 Extension Ladder
- 8. Louisville AE2232 Aluminum Extension Ladder 32 feet
- 7. Werner D6224-2 Best Extension-ladders 24 Feet
- 6. Hausse Retractable 3 Story Fire Escape Ladder
- 5. Louisville Ladder AE2224 Aluminum Extension Ladder
- 4. OxGord Aluminum Telescopic Ladder
- 3. Louisville Extension Ladder FE3224
- 2. Louisville Ladder FE3224 Fiberglass Extension Ladder
- 1. Luisladders Folding Ladder
- Signs of a rotten ladder:
- List Of Best Extension Ladder Reviews in 2020:
- 17. Fiberglass Extension Ladder by Werner, 24 ft., IA
- 16. Louisville Ladder 22.5 x 63-Inch Aluminum Extension Ladders
- 15. Werner D1516-2 Heavy Duty Aluminum Extension with Flat D-Rung
- 14. Louisville Extension Ladders LP-5510-00 Series Pro-Guard Ladder Cover
- 13. Louisville Ladder Aluminum Extension Ladder, 16 foot
- 12. DeWalt DXL3020-16PT Extension Ladders
- 11. Werner D1116-2 Aluminum Extension Ladders
- 10. Werner D1528-2 Best Aluminum Extension Ladders
- 9. Louisville Best Extension Ladders – Ladder L-2321-16 200- Aluminum
- 8. Louisville Ladder AE2216 Aluminum Extension Ladder 300-Pound Capacity
- 7. Little Giant 12022 RevolutionXE Best Extension Ladder
- 6. Louisville Ladder Aluminum Ladder
- 5. Little Giant Best Extension Ladders Alta One 17 Foot Ladder with Work Platform
- 4. Luisladders Multi-Purpose Folding Aluminium Extension Ladder
- 3. Louisville Ladder FE3224 Fiberglass Extension Ladder
- 2. Little Giant Best Extension Ladder – 14016-001 Alta One Type 1 Model 22-foot Ladder
- 1. Louisville Ladder FE3216 Extension Ladder 300-Pound Capacity
- Tips for Choosing The Best Extension Ladder:
Bestseller Extension Ladders On Amazon:
List Of Best Extension Ladder Reviews in 2020:
15. Louisville Ladder FE3216 Fiberglass Extension Ladder
With up to 16 feet of reach, the FE3216 ladder by Louisville provides users up to 300 pounds in load capacity and is the perfect choice for home as well as for commercial use. Made of fiberglass, this ladder is durable and designed to last. The heavy-duty slide guides located at the top of the base section ensure you will enjoy the smooth operation of this ladder.
In terms of safety, the stop on the fly design prevents overextension, and the quick-latch system ensures this ladder remains extended. Additionally, the FE3216 is non-conductive when clean and dry, making it safe to use around power lines. The D-shaped rungs are serrated, providing comfort as well as a slip-resistant surface. Finally, the heavy-duty, steel-plated shoes incorporate high-quality rubber treads and swivel ability for exceptional stability.
14. Werner D1116-2 Extension Ladders
The D1116-2 by Werner is designed for light-duty jobs and is capable of safely supporting up to 200 pounds. The D-shaped, aluminum rungs are 1.5 inches wide and incorporate slip-resistant traction. This high-quality design provides you exceptional comfort and stability.
In terms of durability, this aluminum ladder utilizes the exclusive Alflo design. Alflo is a rung-and-joint connection system that expertly connects the rungs to the rails, ensuring twist-proof performance. Regarding safety, the internal guides, located at the bottom portion of the fly section, firmly interlock the rails. Additionally, the slip-resistant shoes pivot to provide you the stability you require. Finally, the spring locks provide a smooth extension.
13. Louisville Extension Ladder LP-5510-00 Series
12. Louisville Aluminum Extension Ladder
Made of aluminum, this 16-foot ladder from Louisville Ladder will support up to 200 pounds. A great addition to any home, it is also perfect for factory or business needs. The slip-resistant feet ensure stability and safety while working, and the rails are equipped with high-quality locks to secure the ladder when extended. At just under 18 pounds, this ladder is lightweight, making it easy to maneuver at any job site.
11. Louisville Ladder FM1416HD Fiberglass Twin Ladder
This ladder by Louisville comes as a twin-front model, making it perfect for single-person use. The ladder features steel hinges that provide easy folding and unfolding. However, the heavy-duty steel also helps prevent sway.
Because this ladder is designed for single-person use, the gusset bracing is included to help keep the ladder secure. Additionally, the rivet steps provide for a solid footing as you ascend or descend. Finally, each foot is capped with a boot shoe, ensuring the ladder does not slip on wet concrete or other potentially slick surfaces.
10. Louisville Best Extension Ladders 16 AL228P
This ladder is a specialized ladder for attics, basements, and other environments requiring ladder access via an enclosed space. For instance, it features an opening that measures 22.5 inches wide x 63 inches long. This opening can be installed directly into your floor. Connected to this opening is the ladder that descends up to 12 feet into the room below.
The ladder, itself, is made of aluminum, and a hinge system helps limit side-to-side shimmy. For additional stability, the steps measure 3.75 inches in depth, providing you a thick step for sure footing. Finally, for easy installation, the ladder comes with all the accessories.
- plywood shims
- roofing nails
- instruction manual
- wooden opening
9. Werner D1520-2 Extension Ladder
This 20-foot ladder by Werner offers slip-resistant traction, making for a confident ascent. Additionally, the locks are spring loaded, allowing for a secure grip at full extension and a quick release when it is time to adjust the ladder to another length.
Made of aluminum, it is solid yet light. Equally important, the Alflo rung joints prevent twisting as you work. Moreover, these joints are among the safest features of any ladder. Finally, the ladder is available in eight different lengths, ensuring you have the ability to buy the right ones for your specific needs.
8. Louisville AE2232 Aluminum Extension Ladder 32 feet
Most ladders allow you to work on your roof. Some allow you to work on your second-story roof or gutters. However, if you want a ladder that will allow you to work nearly three stories in the air on anything from your roof to your shade tree, the Louisville AE2232 offers this sort of length.
Of course, a ladder capable of reaching 32 feet into the air must be sturdy. This one is. For instance, it is made of cast aluminum and can support up to 300 pounds. That said, it is light enough that one person can lift and carry it.
The rung locks ensure the ladder remains extended, and the feet are cast aluminum. Additionally, they swivel for precise positioning. Finally, the slide guides fit tight against both halves of the ladder, ensuring it remains connected. Simply put, this is one of the best extension ladders on the market.
7. Werner D6224-2 Best Extension-ladders 24 Feet
The Werner D6224-2 offers 24 feet of reach, but it is also available as a 16-foot ladder or as a 32-foot mega-ladder. Because of this reach, it is great for attaching to a scaffold where you need the ability to ascend to a higher platform.
In terms of durability, it offers an interlocking guide that keeps the rails aligned and secure. In terms of stability, the rung joints eliminate twisting, saving an unnecessary toll on your nerves. Finally, the Werner engineers have added traction pads on the rungs for greater safety.
6. Hausse Retractable 3 Story Fire Escape Ladder
Some ladders are meant to help people ascend. However, this ladder by Hausse is intended to help people descend from upper levels of their home in times of emergency.
For stability, the ladder features a retractable hook that fits securely into any open window frame. The extra-long prongs grip the window frame, allowing you to descend on aluminum rungs suspended by heavy-duty canvas.
In terms of storage, the ladder folds neatly into an area of approximately 14 inches in height by 14 inches wide. When it is time to use it, all you have to do is fit it to the window frame, slip through the window, and climb down. The wall of your house ensures the ladder does not curl away from you, and the canvas columns can support three people at a time for a total weight of 1,000 pounds.
5. Louisville Ladder AE2224 Aluminum Extension Ladder
For people needing a high-capacity ladder, the Louisville AE2224 can support up to 300 pounds while offering a maximum reach of 24 feet. That said, this ladder is available for smaller jobs at a length of 16 feet. It is also available for truly high jobs that require 40 feet of reach.
Made of aluminum, it is strong yet lightweight, and the feet are cast aluminum. For stability, the feet have been covered in traction. The feet also swivel, allowing the ladder to fit squarely against a home or building even on rough or uneven terrain. Finally, the QuickLatch rungs help secure the fly and base for greater stability.
4. OxGord Aluminum Telescopic Ladder
For people who want a single-story ladder capable of being stored in a small space, the OxGord telescopic ladder is that ladder. At full extension, it offers 12.5 feet of reach. That said, you can easily compress it into a height of 36 inches for storing in a closet or on a shelf.
Although it weighs only 27 pounds, it can support up to 330 pounds, which represents an increase of 10 percent over the strength offered by most ladders.
For safety, the ladder is comprised of hydraulics that allow you to carefully and gradually compress it. These hydraulics save your fingers from being pinched.
Finally, the ladder comes with a 12-month warranty, which protects your financial investment.
3. Louisville Extension Ladder FE3224
This ladder by Louisville comes in seven different lengths. The shortest length reaches 16 feet into the air, and the longest offers 40 feet of reach. Moreover, the shoes swivel, allowing the ladder to fit squarely against any supporting surface. In terms of construction, the rung locks keep the ladder firmly in place. Finally, the 300-pound capacity supports workers with heavy work belts and tools.
2. Louisville Ladder FE3224 Fiberglass Extension Ladder
Werner offers some of the best extension ladders. For instance, this one offers safe, secure footing for any situation. Additionally, the fiberglass construction makes this ladder lightweight enough for one person to carry across a construction site.
Available in lengths as short as 16 feet to lengths as long as 32 feet, this ladder ensures you will have one that offers the best working height for any job. As such, it might just be the perfect ladder for larger homes.
1. Luisladders Folding Ladder
The ladder by Luisladders is a multi-functional workhorse capable of helping out in a variety of situations.
First and foremost, the ladder operates as a standard ladder. It is available in lengths of 12.1 feet to 15.5 feet. That said, its ability to fold into a variety of patterns extends its functionality to that of a scaffold system, sawhorse, or workbench.
In terms of usage, one of the most amazing features is that the ends fold at short lengths, allowing you to secure the ladder to a flat roof or overhang. Finally, to ensure safety, it features anti-slip foot straps that keep the ladder from slipping during use.