Just like knives, chainsaws also become blunt after heavy use. Being an important tool used in the cutting of woods, you will need to sharpen it using the best chainsaw sharpener. Some chainsaws come with inbuilt sharpeners, but for the majority, you have to rely on external tools to do the sharpening.
It is always important to examine the condition of the chain before use- remember that using a broken chain can cause overheating that eventually affect the durability of the chainsaw besides exposing the user to some risks.
- Top 10 Best Chainsaw Sharpeners in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
- 10. Oregon 30846 12-Volt Sure Sharp Chain Saw Sharpener
- 9. Oregon 511AX Saw Chain Bench Grinder/Sharpener
- 8. Timber Tuff CS-12V 12-Volt Portable Electric Chain Saw Chain Sharpener
- 7. Katzco, 8 Piece Chainsaw Sharpener File Kit
- 6. STIHL 2 IN 1 EASY FILE CHAINSAW CHAIN SHARPENER .325″
- 5. Anytime Tools 5/32″ Diamond Chainsaw Sharpener Burr 1/8″ Shank, 4 Pack
- 4. Timberline Chainsaw Sharpener with 3/16″ Carbide Cutter (for .325″ pitch chains)
- 3. Granberg Bar-Mount Chain Saw Sharpener, Model# G-106B
- 2. Buffalo Tools ECSS Electric Chainsaw Sharpener
- 1. Oregon 410-120 Bench or Wall Mounted Saw Chain Grinder
Top 10 Best Chainsaw Sharpeners in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
10. Oregon 30846 12-Volt Sure Sharp Chain Saw Sharpener
- By: Oregon
If you have been having issues with your chainsaw, it’s time to keep it cutting like new using Orebro 30846 12- Volt Chainsaw Sharpener. This sharpener is easy to use and energy efficient. You can use it from anywhere as it is highly portable (works from a 12-volt battery in case you are working from the field).
It comes with two sharpening stones and is quick. Besides, it obtains uniformly ground cutters when the sharpening guide is well adjusted. Incredibly easy to use, this sharpener gives your chainsaw a razor-sharp cutting precision.
- It is easy to use this Chainsaw Sharpener
- Produces good results when well adjusted before sharpening
- Highly attractive
9. Oregon 511AX Saw Chain Bench Grinder/Sharpener
- By: Oregon
With this chainsaw sharpener, you can sharpen ¼ inch, .324 inch, 3/8 inch, ½ inch, and ¾ inch pitch chains. The grinder comes with three grinding wheels with the thickness of ¼ inch, 1/8 inch, and 3/16 inch. Furthermore, it has a wheel-dressing brick and a template for the depth-gauge setting.
With this sharpener, the teeth are sharpened to equal length and angle to maintain the uniformity. If you’re looking for an excellent sharpener for your chainsaw, then it’s time you stopped gambling with your money by grabbing this particular item.
- Time-saving as it is quick
- The sharpener is easy to use
- It is affordable
8. Timber Tuff CS-12V 12-Volt Portable Electric Chain Saw Chain Sharpener
- By: Timber Tuff
It’s time to keep your Chainsaw sharp for the next work using this Timber Tuff 12-Volt Chainsaw Sharpener. Though electric, it is highly efficient hence you don’t have to spend more in electricity bills. It has an ant-Aging and Anti-impact cover that makes the sharpener stay new.
It features a spindle lock to enable you to change grinding stones with ease. This sharpener is time-saving as it has a maximum speed of 20000. I mean, with this kind of speed, what else would a chainsaw owner want?
- It is fast
- It works perfectly to get the teeth sharp and of uniform length
- It is affordable
7. Katzco, 8 Piece Chainsaw Sharpener File Kit
- By: Katzco
This kit comes with all the tools that you need to keep your chainsaw in the optimum condition. It allows you to sharpen your chain at anytime from anywhere as it is highly portable. The kit comes with a range of different files that ensure you meet your needs to maximum satisfaction.
Coming with wood handle, these sharpening files are comfortable to grip when in use and keep the chain sharper to allow faster, easier and safer cutting to get the most out of your chainsaw. It is highly affordable and will never be a source of disappointment.
- The wooden file holder makes it feel comfortable when using
- It’s affordable
- Work great to ensure that you get the best from your chainsaw
6. STIHL 2 IN 1 EASY FILE CHAINSAW CHAIN SHARPENER .325″
- By: STIHL
Do you need a cheap chainsaw sharpener that is easy to use? Stihl 2 in 1 easy file chainsaw sharpener lets you keep your Chainsaw in the top condition. Sharpening is fast as it sharpens tooth and gauge at the same time hence saving time that can be used for other activities.
Avoid using a dull chainsaw as there is an affordable and easy way to keep your chainsaw more efficient for the cutting work. This is an affordable and incredibly easy to use item which is designed to deliver cutting edge results. If you’re looking for an excellent chainsaw sharpener, look no further!
- Sharpening made fast
- It is easy to use
- It is affordable
5. Anytime Tools 5/32″ Diamond Chainsaw Sharpener Burr 1/8″ Shank, 4 Pack
- By: Anytime Tools
Have you ever known that diamond is the hardest element on earth? Being the hardest, it is easy to imagine how effective it is when it comes to sharpening any tool. This diamond sharpener will help to make your chainsaw super sharp besides being long-lasting.
Save time you take to cut when still maintaining your chainsaw in the best condition. It’s time you avoid the health hazards that are caused by using a dull chainsaw and adapt to this new way that makes your cutting work easier and fast.
- Very sturdy chainsaw sharpener
- It is easy to use
- Makes the teeth super sharp for faster and easy cutting
4. Timberline Chainsaw Sharpener with 3/16″ Carbide Cutter (for .325″ pitch chains)
- By: Timberline
Why spend much time sharpening your chainsaw? Save time and use it in other important activities. Timberline Chainsaw Sharpener will help you save time as it will only take seconds to grind a tooth of a chain. This sharpener also ensures that all teeth have been sharpened to the same length and angle.
Having been made from aluminum, it is highly durable offering you high-quality service for centuries-literally. Its portability makes it easy to carry; you can, therefore, sharpen your chainsaw at anytime, anywhere. Furthermore, no complications; it is easy to use and provides professional results.
- It’s easy to use
- Keeps the chain super sharp
- Very well made
3. Granberg Bar-Mount Chain Saw Sharpener, Model# G-106B
- By: Granberg
It’s time to keep your chainsaw in the perfect condition using Granberg Bar-Mount Chain Saw Sharpener. Having made in the USA, this sharpener restores the sharpness of your chainsaw quickly and easily making it look as if it has directly come from the factory.
This sharpener mounts to any saw with any file size. Having been manufactured from cast aluminum and zinc-plated steel; this saw sharpener is highly durable.
- Great sharpener to get the right angle for sharpening the teeth
- Performs great
- It’s durable
2. Buffalo Tools ECSS Electric Chainsaw Sharpener
- By: Buffalo Tools
It’s time you stop running to a professional sharpener every time your chainsaw needs some sharpening. Teach to do it yourself, and actually, you will realize how cheap it will be in the long-term run. Doing it yourself needs the best Chainsaw sharpener. Buffalo Tools ECSS sharpener will not only perform to your expectations but also beyond. This sharpener can adjust to most popular chain designs.
Hence you can use it to sharpen chains with different designs. It has a 4200 RPM grinding speed that catalyzes the sharpening process. For easy access and stability, you should use it when mounted on the bench, wall or vice. Avoid the health hazards that come when using a broken chain by using this sharpener that will help keep your chainsaw in the best condition.
- Flexible enough to sharpen chains with different designs
- It is inexpensive
- It is highly durable
1. Oregon 410-120 Bench or Wall Mounted Saw Chain Grinder
- By: Oregon
It comes with a dressing brick, grinding template and three grinding wheels that can sharpen 0.25”, 3/8” (0.404”) or 0.325”. For easy access and use, you can mount the sharpener on the wall, bench or vise depending on the available space.
It comes with a built-in light that improves your visibility. Furthermore, the top plate settings and down angle settings with a wheel wear indicator to enable you to know when changing grinding wheels are necessary.
- It is easy to set up
- Works perfectly
- Easy to use
- Cost: Did you know that the most expensive chainsaw sharpener does not mean that they are the best? Well, chainsaw sharpeners come in a wide variety and different prices. Not all the chainsaw sharpeners are suitable for you; the perfect Chainsaw sharpener for you is that which maximally meet your needs regardless of the price. Therefore, if you have a maximum amount limit you want to spend, make sure you don’t unnecessarily go beyond it; we also have high-quality sharpeners that best suit your pocket.
- Material: Some Chainsaw Sharpeners are made of plastic or diamond among other materials. You should be keen when choosing the material as some easily bend under pressure. But this does not mean you avoid those made of plastic; some plastic materials are strong enough to serve this purpose so consider the type of plastic the chainsaw sharpener is made of. For those made of diamond, sturdiness is guaranteed.
- Flexibility: In this case, flexibility means the ability to sharpen chains with different designs. Consider a Chainsaw sharpener that is flexible as this will always be an added advantage; you won’t have to buy another sharpener in case you acquire a new chainsaw with different chain design. A flexible chain saw sharpener ensures that you work fast and efficiently without having to waste hours making your chainsaw razor-sharp.
- Driving force: Some chainsaw sharpeners are electric while others rely on human effort. Choose the best for you. If electric, consider energy efficiency as some may lead to high electricity bills hence increasing the expenses. The driving force is an important and crucial aspect which has to be considered.
- The speed: Why spend much time in sharpening your chainsaw? Save some time for other important activities by buying sharpeners that are quick.