Many people love a glass of wine once in a while. In fact, many have made it a habit to enjoy the drink almost every day. One of the biggest challenges is usually ensuring that the wine is stored properly and at the right temperature. While the normal refrigerator chills the drink, it doesn’t do it properly. For instance, the whites require a slightly different temperature from the reds. Sparkling wine also requires a different temperature. Using a normal fridge becomes more challenging when you have several bottles and your refrigerator is full of other items.
The best way of making sure the wine is well stored is by using a wine cooler. It’s designed specifically for wine and comes in a versatile design to suit different types and sizes. Most types feature adjustable or removable shelves and can also have a different temperature setting. After looking at the market and comparing different products, we were able to pick out the top 10 best wine coolers reviews in 2017. Skip to the best Wine Cooler on Amazon.
- Top 10 Best Wine Coolers Reviews in 2017 & Buyer’s Guide:
- 10. AKDY Dual Zone Freestanding Thermoelectric Wine Cooler, Wine Coolers 12 Bottles
- 9. Wine Enthusiast 272 03 18 05 Dual Zone Wine Cooler, Wine Coolers 18 Bottles
- 8. Danby DWC276BLS Silhouette Wine Cellar, Wine Coolers 27 bottles, Black/Stainless
- 7. Koldfront Free Standing Dual Zone Wine Cooler, 24 bottles, Wine Coolers Black, Stainless Steel
- 6. KingsBottle Dual Zone Wine Cooler, Wine Coolers 106 Bottles
- 5. Koldfront Dual Zone Thermoelectric Wine Cooler, Wine Coolers 18 Bottles, Silver/Black
- 4. NewAir AW-281E Thermoelectric Wine Cooler, Wine Coolers 28 Bottle
- 3. Allavino FlexCount 2X-VSWR172-2SST Multi-Zone Wine Refrigerator, Wine Coolers 344 Bottle
- 2. Kalamera 30-Bottle Wine Cooler, Best Wine Coolers15-inch
- 1. AKDY Freestanding Single Zone Wine Cooler, Best Wine Coolers 171 Bottles
Top 10 Best Wine Coolers Reviews in 2017 & Buyer’s Guide:
Which Is The Best Wine Cooler?
10. AKDY Dual Zone Freestanding Thermoelectric Wine Cooler, Wine Coolers 12 Bottles
- AKDY Dual Zone Freestanding Thermoelectric Wine Cooler
This freestanding cooler will keep your wine at the right temperature with minimal fluctuations. It comes in a small size of 13.25(W) x 20(L) x 21(H) inches and is designed for up to 12 standard wine bottles. The sleek and modern looking appliance operates within a temperature range of 44F – 66 degrees Fahrenheit and keeps the temperatures very constant. Other than being energy efficient, it’s also very silent courtesy of the superior thermoelectric technology.
- Very silent operation
- Compact and easy to move
- Good quality and value
9. Wine Enthusiast 272 03 18 05 Dual Zone Wine Cooler, Wine Coolers 18 Bottles
- Wine Enthusiast 272 03 18 05 Dual Zone Wine Cooler
Why struggle to keep your wine at the right temperature when you can own this black wine cooler from Wine Enthusiast? It has a decent size for normal use and can hold up to 18 standard bottles. The freestanding unit comes with a Dual Zone for accommodating wines that require different temperatures. The top zone’s temperature ranges from 54 to 66 deg F while the bottom is 46-66 Deg F. It’s among the most energy efficient coolers in the market thanks to the thermoelectric technology. The ETL-approved unit is also free of CFC and you shouldn’t worry about harming the environment.
- Lightweight and compact
- Good shelving
- Portable and easy to move
8. Danby DWC276BLS Silhouette Wine Cellar, Wine Coolers 27 bottles, Black/Stainless
- Danby DWC276BLS Silhouette Wine Cellar
The Danby name hardly misses when talking about the top 10 best wine coolers in 2017. This black/stainless steel unit is very popular and can hold up to 27 standard wine bottles. The all-black interior brings out the traditional look whereas the digital thermostat helps to maintain the right temperature. For easy operation, it features a LED display and programmable temperature range of 39F – 64F (4C-18C). To prevent temperature fluctuations, the Danby DWC276BLS wine cooler has a single zone frost-free system.
- Good design
- Works Great
- Wine Cooler
- Consistent performance
7. Koldfront Free Standing Dual Zone Wine Cooler, 24 bottles, Wine Coolers Black, Stainless Steel
- Koldfront Free Standing Dual Zone Wine Cooler
Since its launch into the marker, Koldfront has released many reliable wine coolers. This unit is one of the well-known from the brand and comes in a freestanding design. It’s made from sturdy stainless steel that assures you of longevity and reliability whereas the 24-bottle capacity is good enough for most applications.
The thermoelectric unit is very silent and also energy efficient and has two dual zones to cater for different wines. The temperatures are conveniently displayed via the LCD Control panel and thanks to the tempered glass; you don’t need to worry about breakage or poor insulation.
- Modern-looking and elegant
- Sleek and good quality
- Good performance and silent
6. KingsBottle Dual Zone Wine Cooler, Wine Coolers 106 Bottles
- KingsBottle Dual Zone Wine Cooler
Able to hold up to 106 bottles of wine, this black with glass door wine cooler from KingsBottle is one of the largest in the market. And despite its moderately large size, it’s very energy efficient. The Dual Zone unit allows you to store different wines without worrying about affecting their quality.
The upper zone has a temperature range of 1-60F (5-15C) while the lower zone is 45-64F (7-18C). Adjusting the temperatures in both zones is not only easy but very convenient. It features 11 user-friendly beech wood shelves that easily glide in or out courtesy of the ball bearing rollers. And with a dimension (H x W x D): 55.70(H) x 23.54(W) x 26.97(D) inches, it occupies a relatively small space.
- Good capacity
- Reversible door
- Wine Wine Cooler
- User-friendly design
5. Koldfront Dual Zone Thermoelectric Wine Cooler, Wine Coolers 18 Bottles, Silver/Black
- Koldfront Dual Zone Thermoelectric Wine Cooler
This silver/ black wine cooler from Koldfront is worth considering for many reasons. One, it has a decent capacity and can hold up to 18 bottles. Two, it comes with dual zones for holding different types of wines. Three, it’s based on thermoelectric technology that ensures the operation is smooth and silent. Four, the built-in LEDs provide a soft interior lighting while keeping the power usage at a minimal. Five, it looks very nice, is easy to maintain, and very functional.
- Smooth and silent operation
- Consistent temperature
- Good quality and price
4. NewAir AW-281E Thermoelectric Wine Cooler, Wine Coolers 28 Bottle
- NewAir AW-281E Thermoelectric Wine Cooler
When going through top 10 best wine coolers in 2017 reviews, there are always high chances of coming across the NewAir AW-281E. It’s a popular choice for both experienced and inexperienced people and is especially loved for its practical and simple design. The appliance has a 28-bottle capacity and comes in a freestanding design for improved functionality.
It is based on the thermoelectric technology, which is famed for its quiet and vibration-free operation. The 6 chrome shelves are light and strong and also resistant to rust or corrosion. In addition to monitoring, the digital display also shows the current temperature.
- Good interior lighting
- Energy efficient and silent operation
- Simple and easy-to-adjust shelves
- Wine Cooler
3. Allavino FlexCount 2X-VSWR172-2SST Multi-Zone Wine Refrigerator, Wine Coolers 344 Bottle
- Allavino FlexCount 2X-VSWR172-2SST Multi-Zone Wine Refrigerator
If you want a large wine cooler then you should be thinking of the Allavino FlexCount refrigerator. The stainless steel unit can hold as many as 3444 standard wine bottles at the same time. It is very versatile thanks to its 24 shelves that hold 11 bottles each and 4 other ones that can hold up to 20 bottles. It comes in multiple zones to cater for the whites, reds, or sparkling wine. Although it may be a large unit, it’s praised for being energy efficient and relatively silent.
- Multi-zones and versatile
- Well-built and sturdy
- Energy Efficient and fairly silent
- Wine Cooler
2. Kalamera 30-Bottle Wine Cooler, Best Wine Coolers15-inch
- Kalamera 30-Bottle Wine Cooler
Designed to hold up 30 standard wine bottles, the Kalamera is worth acquiring. The 15-inch unit can be used either in freestanding form or built-in. It’s pretty robust and should put-up pretty well to the regular needs. This is attributed to the stainless steel construction and good engineering. Its reliability and strength are further bolstered by the double-layered tempered glass door that also helps to improve the insulation. You don’t need to restore the temperature setting in case of a power interruption since the memory function will do that for you.
- Nice quality and good looking
- Not noisy
- Best Wine Cooler
- Versatile and easy to use
1. AKDY Freestanding Single Zone Wine Cooler, Best Wine Coolers 171 Bottles
- AKDY Freestanding Single Zone Wine Cooler
The AKDY 171 is one of the best wine coolers you’ll find in the market and is undoubtedly one of the most popular. It has a good dimension of 23.5(W) x 27(L) x 68.75(H) inches which makes it perfect for everyday application. The sturdily-built unit features 16 wood shelves that can hold up to 171 standard bottles. It operates within a temperature range of 40F – 66 deg F and keeps the temperature consistent. The touch-sensitive control makes choosing or controlling the temperature easy while the LED light enhances the elegance.
- Silent operation
- Good capacity
- Best Wine Cooler
- Sleek design
Features of The Best Wine Cooler:
Many wine coolers will claim to be the best. However, this isn’t necessarily true. You can, nonetheless, increase the odds of owning a good product by focusing on the following features:
- Space: You should look at the size of the cooler as it will determine the number of bottles it will hold. People who take it regularly require a much bigger cooler than those who take it infrequently.
- Design: You have the built-in or the free-standing cooler. The earlier one easily flushes with other appliances while the latter is more portable.
- Energy Efficiency: It’s advised to go for coolers that come with advanced compressor technology or are Energy Star rated. They will maintain the right temperature and will keep the power consumption at a minimum.
- Cost: Wine coolers may cost as low as $200 to more than $1,000. The most expensive aisn’t essentially the best. You can still find low-priced units that work equally well. It all boils down to technology, brand reputation, reliability and other things.
- Noise: Just like normal refrigerators, wine coolers also emit some noise. You ought to go for the quietest if you want a more conducive environment. The thermoelectric type is among the most silent.
- Temperature: The right temperature is key to getting the best out of the wine. A good cooler has a wide range of temperatures to accommodate different kinds of wines.
- Style: The wine cooler should complement the decor and not undermine it. Some come with LED lighting to enhance the aesthetic appeal.
Other special features include Weight, Adjustable shelves, Digital thermostat, UV protection, and Humidity control.
With the wrong information or lack of knowledge, you may end up acquiring a bad wine cooler. It may be too big or too small, it may consume lots of power, or many are a bit loud. Also, arranging the wines may be a challenge because the shelves aren’t adjustable, it may be a little heavy to move around, or the internal temperatures may keep fluctuating. Such things will affect the quality of your wine. To help you avoid making a wrong decision, we have reviewed the top 10 best wine coolers in 2017. The next step is for you to pick any of the above products.