Did you know that your game is greatly influenced by the kind of cue? It’s not strange to see a very good player losing game simply because of switching to different cue. It’s also not a surprise to see some players religiously using the same old cue instead of buying a new one.
If you play billiards or pool, you obviously know the importance of a good cue. In fact, it is among if not the important accessory in this game. However, finding the best product is neither easy nor simple.
You need to have some good knowledge, information, and also learn from other people. Making the right decision is even more challenging especially to beginners or inexperienced players.
Fortunately, you don’t need lots of skill, experience, time, or information to choose the perfect item, simply follow our review and discover what the top 10 best pool cues in 2017 are. You also get a chance to pick a top product while at it. Skip to Players Technology Series HXT15 Two-Piece Pool Cue on Amazon.
- Top 10 Best Pool Cues in 2017 Reviews and Buyer’s Guide:
- 10. Y&J 2-Piece Pool Cue – Best Pool Cues
- 9. Imperial Premier Cyclone Pool Cue – Top Pool Cues
- 8. CUESOUL SOOCOO Series 58″ 2 Piece Maple Billiard Pool Sticks – Best Pool Cues
- 7. Rage RG88 Pool Cue – Best Pool Cues
- 6. GLD Products Viper Junior – Best Pool Cues
- 5. Players C-960 Classic Crimson Cue – Best Pool Cues
- 4. Iszy Billiards Cue, Lot of 4 – 58 ” 2 Piece Hardwood Canadian Maple Pool Cue Billiard Table Stick 18 – 21
- 3. Imperial Officially Licensed Pool Cue – Best Pool Cues
- 2. Players D-DRG Midnight Black with Golden Dragons Cue – Best Pool Cues
- 1. Players Technology Series HXT15 Cue – Best Pool Cues
Top 10 Best Pool Cues in 2017 Reviews and Buyer’s Guide:
10. Y&J 2-Piece Pool Cue – Best Pool Cues
- By: Y&J
This beautifully-crafted cue by Y&J is suited for both men and women. It’s made from premium maple hardwood that can last for a long time in good hands. The accessory comes in 2 parts which make carrying it easier and more convenient.
The quality wood construction allows you to make hard shots and can also withstand regular use. It features decals butt, 19-20oz tips, and high-density ferrule and is also very stylish courtesy of the smooth and sleek finish.
- High-quality premium wood
- Solid and firm grip
- Looks and feels very sleek and stylish
- The handle provides a firm grip
9. Imperial Premier Cyclone Pool Cue – Top Pool Cues
- By: Imperial
Also from the Imperial brand is this nice-looking pool cue. Made from hard rock maple wood, this item should tolerate daily usage, frequent knocks, and bangs, or accidental drops. It comes in 2 parts that make carrying it in the case very easy and convenient.
When screwed back together, the two pieces feel as solid as a one-piece stick thanks to the nice and tight joint. The 42-inch stick weighs only 16 ounces and should feel light in the hands of most users. It’s also very elegant and stylish courtesy of the super smooth and sleek finish.
- The stick is very stylish and elegant
- The quality is good especially for its price
- Feels very solid
8. CUESOUL SOOCOO Series 58″ 2 Piece Maple Billiard Pool Sticks – Best Pool Cues
- By: CUESOUL
Beginners and seasoned players will find the CUESOUL SOOCOO pool cue worth buying. It is made of high-quality Canadian maple wood and measures 58 inches long. The item is relatively light and weighs 19 ounces, making it suitable even for inexperienced players.
The butt is made from the same Canadian maple and comes with a chic pearl white finish. The tip measures 12.75/ 11.55mm and is made of premium leather whereas the bottom ring is made of stainless steel. Other features include rubber bumpers, rocket pin, and stainless steel collar.
- The rubber bumper is well built and very durable
- It feels well-balanced and doesn’t flex too much
- The tip is well built, firm and also very responsive
- It’s not the longest cue
- The cue is light
7. Rage RG88 Pool Cue – Best Pool Cues
- By: Rage
Made from 100% original maple wood, this pool cue comes in a decent size and is perfect for a range of players. It features a stainless steel joint collar for better strength and stability, and a 5 /16 x 18 joint pin. The stick comes with a premium quality leather tip that can last for a long time if taken care of well.
To give it its amazing appearance, it features a pinkish background with graphics of a full-length silver skull and crossed bones. The cue comes without a wrap but still offers a good grip.
- Looks very professional and is suitable for intense play
- The weight is perfect for beginners as well as seasoned players
- The price is quite affordable considering its high quality
6. GLD Products Viper Junior – Best Pool Cues
- By: Viper by GLD Products
Youngsters interested in playing or improving their game should consider acquiring this cue by GLD Products. It’s made from genuine Canadian maple wood and measures 48 inches long. It comes in 2 parts that are connected via an ABS male and female screwable joint.
The item weighs 16 ounces and is light and very portable whereas the edgy tattoo style graphics give it its sleek and trendy looks. The cue comes with a nylon wrap, 13mm Le Pro leather tip, and a rubber bumper.
- The cue is well made for frequent usage
- It’s light on the hands and easy to use
- It’s stylish yet affordable
5. Players C-960 Classic Crimson Cue – Best Pool Cues
- By: Players
Take your game a notch higher by investing in the right product. The Players C-960 Classic is a good option for beginners and intermediate players.
It’s made from authentic maple wood that is revered for strength and durability. The cue is wrapped with Irish nylon for maximum grip and comfort whereas the stainless steel joint collar together with the 5/16 x 18 pin give it rigidity and stability. It features a Le Pro tip that is solid and will maintain its integrity for a long time.
- The cue is perfectly straight
- It doesn’t wobble or vibrate unnecessarily
- It feels and as good as it looks
4. Iszy Billiards Cue, Lot of 4 – 58 ” 2 Piece Hardwood Canadian Maple Pool Cue Billiard Table Stick 18 – 21
- By: Iszy Billiards
The Iszy brand has made a mark when it comes to pool cues. One of their well-known products is this 58-inch stick that comes in 2 pieces. It’s made from Canadian maple wood that is respected for its strength and durability. This ensures the cue will serve you for a long time to come.
The leather tip is glued on the stick while Irish linen is wrapped around its handle for a comfortable and smooth grip. It also features a steel joint for extra stability and a 13mm fiber ferrule for improved performance.
- The cue is well built and well-unbalanced
- Using the item is easy even for beginners
- It comes in decent quality
- The price is among the best
3. Imperial Officially Licensed Pool Cue – Best Pool Cues
- By: Imperial
Playing pool like pro begins by getting this cue by Imperial. Officially licensed by the NLF (National League Football), this 2-piece cue is targeted at both beginners and intermediate players. It’s made from solid maple wood and measures 57 inches long.
Like other top cues, it comes with a solid metal male and female joint that is easy to screw and unscrew. The tip is well balanced and also soft for making the nice clean shots. It comes with a soft wrap for the perfect grip.
- This item is very light and smooth in the hands
- It doesn’t shake or flex too much
- The weight is perfect for most users
2. Players D-DRG Midnight Black with Golden Dragons Cue – Best Pool Cues
- By: Players
Undoubtedly one of the most colorful and stylish cues on the market, the Players D-DRG midnight black will make you feel and also play like a pro. The high-quality accessory is well built to withstand frequent play and climatic conditions and comes in 18-21 oz half ounce increments.
The rock solid wood feels firm on the hands while the Irish linen wrap improves comfort and maneuverability. It also features a stainless steel joint collar, 5/16 x 18 pin, and 13mm Professional Le Pro tip.
- Looks and feels very professional
- The handles are well made and offer a firm grip
- It’s well constructed for uniform and consistent play
1. Players Technology Series HXT15 Cue – Best Pool Cues
- By: Players
Made from 100% North American maple, this cue by Players Technology is very popular on the market. It comes in 2 parts with the joints consisting of a male and female screw.
The black Kamui tip is made of up to 10 layers of pigskin that gives it the sturdiness and longevity. To protect it from the elements and atmospheric changes, this accessory features a patented stabilizer and special epoxy finish. And to minimize deflection while increasing the power, the cue comes with Proprietary HXT ferrule.
- The cue is very strong and feels solid
- It can make great shots and also curve the ball
- Despite its high quality it’s very affordable
- Best Pool Cues
How to Choose the Best Pool Cues:
As stated earlier, finding a cure is one thing and finding the best product is another thing. What may have worked for someone else may not necessarily be the best for you. Also, an accessory may be fit for a particular style but not very good in another. For instance, it may make the perfect breaks but may be lousy in jump shots or curving the ball. Paying close attention to the following things will help you make a better and wiser choice:
- Weight: Always go for an accessory that feels right on your hands. It shouldn’t be too light or too heavy as this will affect your control and maneuverability.
- Tip: Just as the stick, the tip needs to be of high quality. Soft tips have better feel through but don’t last as long as hard tips. Harder types are more long-lasting but require better control and this is why they are favored by pros.
- Size: the length of the cue is influenced by your height, strength, the size of the table and also playing style. Taller players can go for longer sticks while shorter ones may opt for shorter cures. People with better control can handle a long stick just as well as a shorter one.
- Experience: In American pool, the legal tip size is 11 to 14 millimeters. This will vary in other regions and also depend on the game. The less-experienced players need larger tip since it requires less control and is better suited for their stubbier fingers and shaking. Beginners are better suited with heavier tips (20-21 ounces) while more experienced players use lighter ones for better control and higher speed.
- Wrap type: the cues are wrapped with materials such as nylon, Irish nylon, linen, and leather. the leather is better than nylon in absorbing sweat. It is also durable but comes at an extra cost. Nylon is light, cheap and is a good choice for beginners.
- Joint Structure: A good cue will come with a stronger joint that won’t wobble, shake or come apart. It’s advised to choose products that come with larger and sturdier screws on the male joint.
- Price: Cue prices range from a low. The most expensive iaren’tnecessarily the best. It’s possible to find a low-cost item that works great.
Other crucial features include; brand reputation, color scheme, carrying case, balance point, and design.
There you go- our list of the top 10 best pool cues in 2017. Closely looking at the review, you will note that these accessories are quite similar in many ways. They are well built and although they come in two parts, they feel as solid as single-piece cues. Furthermore, the wrap is not only comfortable but also smooth on the hands and the tip lasts for a long time.
Nonetheless, we found the Rage RG88 Pool Cue to be the crème de la crème for a couple of reasons. One, it’s very well made, quite solid and is an all rounded cue. It can be used for beginners, intermediates, kids, adults, leisure players, or professionals.
Two, it’s the most stylish and cool product thanks to the great color and graphics. Third, even with its super high quality, it still is very affordable. The only concern was its pinkish color that looks most suited for ladies. Now you know which the best pool cues are. You have no excuse of making the wrong decision, do you?