The rising number of people buying dirt bikes clearly shows the love many people have for this machine and sport. Right from childhood, many people always dream of owning a powerful bike. Some love the rush of adrenaline as they perform crazy stunts; others want to compete with the best in the trade, while there are those who simply want to be part of a growing trend. I mean, who wants to be left out of the fun and trend?
Sadly, after acquiring the bike, which can cost an arm and leg, many will soon be back looking for a better type. Maybe they grew too fast and the bike became a bit small, or they want more power so as to challenge their friends or break the course record.
These are but a few of the mistakes that many people. Other mistakes include going for a sophisticated bike while you are mechanically-inclined, choosing a high-maintenance bike yet you never have the time or tools for the intended service, or using the right bike on the wrong course/terrain and vice versa.
- Top 10 Best Dirt Bikes Reviews in 2017 and Buyer’s Guide:
- 10. Apollo DB-007 125cc Dirt Bike – Electric Dirt Bike
- 9. Coolster, Dirt bike 125cc Manual Clutch, Electric Dirt Bike
- 8. Tao Tao DB10 Dirt Bike – Electric Dirt Bikes
- 7. Coolster, DB70 Dirt bike 70cc Semi-Automatic – Best Electric Dirt Bikes
- 6. C-P INC, 49cc 50cc Green 2-Stroke Gas Motorized Mini Dirt Pit Bike – Electric Dirt Bikes
- 5. Taotao, DB17 125cc Dirt Bike for Kids Cheap Dirt Bikes – Best Electric Dirt Bikes
- 4. Taotao DB17 125cc Dirt Bike for Kids Cheap Dirt Bikes – Best Electric Dirt Bike
- 3. Apollo Precision Tools AGB 37 Dirt Bike – Best Electric Dirt Bike
- 2. dirt bike, 125cc Dirt Bike – Best Electric Dirt Bikes
- 1. Apollo Tools Agb-36 250cc Dirt Bike – Best Electric Dirt Bikes
Top 10 Best Dirt Bikes Reviews in 2017 and Buyer’s Guide:
You can avoid making such crucial mistakes by first understanding the bikes, compare the available models, and also understand your current as well as future needs.
But like many people, you possibly don’t know where to start. Well, the good news is all you need is these top 10 best dirt bikes in 2017 reviews and buyer’s guide. It will show you the basics of buying the right bike and also breaks down the best in the market. Skip to the best electric dirt bike on Amazon.
10. Apollo DB-007 125cc Dirt Bike – Electric Dirt Bike
- By: Apollo
Boasting of a 4-stroke 125cc gasoline engine, the Apollo DB-007 is known for its fast takeoff. The bike is made of heavy-duty steel to withstand the harsh conditions and also to extend its life. It features 17-inch front tires and 14-inch rear tires that will effectively tackle different terrains.
The engine delivers a maximum of 10KW @ 5900rpm and achieves a top speed of 55MPH. Being an air-cooled engine, this bike requires minimal service and maintenance and is light thanks to the absence of a coolant. It is started by the Kickstart and comes with a 4-speed manual clutch.
- Easy to assemble
- Fast takeoff
- Minimal maintenance
- Not very loud
- Decent power
- Apollo 125cc Dirt Bike
9. Coolster, Dirt bike 125cc Manual Clutch, Electric Dirt Bike
- By: Coolster
The Coolster dirt bike features a 4-stroke 125cc gasoline engine. The air-cooled engine generates a maximum power of 4.72 KW @ 7500rpm and torque of 7.82 Nm @ 55000 rpm. It can reach speeds up to 67km/h and consists of disc brakes both front and rear.
It’s constructed from tough steel that can support users weighing up to 220 pounds. The bike comes with a CDI starting mechanism and relies on a manual clutch system.
- Easy starting even in cold weather
- Can support heavy users
- Has good ground clearance
- It’s a fairly fast bike
- Dirt bike 125cc
8. Tao Tao DB10 Dirt Bike – Electric Dirt Bikes
- By: Tao Tao
The Taotao brand is making an impact in the world of dirt bikes. The DB10 is one of its top choices and is targeted at beginners and intermediate users. It comes with a steel frame, 4-stroke 110cc air-cooled engine, and a 1gallon (4-liter) fuel capacity.
Both the front and rear tires are rated 2.75-10 while the bike is started via Kick Start. The rear tire features a drum brake while a disk brake is found at the front.
- This bike is among the affordable types
- It’s powerful and torquey
- The design is amazing
7. Coolster, DB70 Dirt bike 70cc Semi-Automatic – Best Electric Dirt Bikes
- By: Coolster
Beginners will find the Coolster DB70 dirt bike worth consideration. It boasts of quality steel construction and relies on a 4-stroke 70cc engine. The air-cooled engine is pretty light but very well-built to tolerate the vibrations, shocks, and impacts on the road. It comes with disc brakes both at the front and back tires and this guarantees you of better braking.
- Well-built and durable
- The price is affordable
- The bike is very responsive
6. C-P INC, 49cc 50cc Green 2-Stroke Gas Motorized Mini Dirt Pit Bike – Electric Dirt Bikes
- By: C-P INC
Since its launch into the market, the C-P INC 50cc dirt bike has been making quite an impression. Specifically designed for newbies or beginners, this bike comes in a small structure and is fit for users weighing up to 145 pounds.
It runs on a 2-stroke air-cooled motor that delivers adequate power for beginners. Despite its small nature and simplicity, having some mechanical knowledge is an added advantage when using this item.
- The bike is well-built and can handle the rough terrains and regular use
- It’s simple to maintain especially for mechanically-inclined individuals
- The suspension system is pretty good
5. Taotao, DB17 125cc Dirt Bike for Kids Cheap Dirt Bikes – Best Electric Dirt Bikes
- By: Taotao
Youngsters should find the Taotao DB17 a good bargain. It comes with a quality steel framework that will retain its integrity even under extreme use. The dirt bike features a powerful 125cc 4-stroke engine that is linked to a 4-speed manual clutch transmission.
It features a CDI ignition system, kick start, hydraulic brake disc (front and rear), and is started with a kick start. The bike comes with a 1.5gallon fuel capacity and a gross weight of about 200 pounds.
- The bike is well made
- 125cc Dirt Bike
- Has plenty of power
- It’s very responsive
- Can easily hit speeds as high as 54mph
4. Taotao DB17 125cc Dirt Bike for Kids Cheap Dirt Bikes – Best Electric Dirt Bike
- By: Taotao
The DB17 dirt bike by Taotao enjoys a lot of following in the market. It’s loved for its good size and solid build that makes it well suited for the trail and track. This is boosted by the powerful 125cc 4-stroke engine that churns decent power and torque.
The air-cooled engine is mated to the 4-speed manual clutch transmission that drives the rear wheel via a chain. For better response and maneuverability, the bike comes with a 17inch front tire and a rear one is 14-inches in diameter. Stopping power is delivered via the hydraulic lines connected to the discs brakes in front and at the back.
- Powerful and sturdy engine
- Among the best-priced bikes
- Stylish and trendy
- 125cc Dirt Bike
3. Apollo Precision Tools AGB 37 Dirt Bike – Best Electric Dirt Bike
- By: Apollo Precision Tools
This big size dirt bike will handle the trains and terrains quite well. Thanks to the 4-stroke 125cc air-cooled engine, the bike delivers quite a kick when starting and will deliver power when needed. It delivers a peak power of 6KW/8.2Hp and a maximum torque of 9.0nm @ 5500 rpm.
This allows the bike to hit a top speed of 55MPH/ 90km/h. It comes with a kick start, CDI starting system, a manual clutch and disk brakes at the front and back.
- Easy to assemble
- Reliable power and torque
- Good response
2. dirt bike, 125cc Dirt Bike – Best Electric Dirt Bikes
- By: dirt bike
With this dirt bike, you can now enjoy a better performance on the track or trail. It boasts of a 125cc, 4-stroke air-cooled gasoline engine mated to a 4-speed manual clutch system. The front tires measure 17 inches in diameter while the rear ones are 14 inches.
It features a kick start, a 1.5-gallon fuel tank, a CDI starting system and is chain driven. The bikes top speed is about 60kmh/37mph and comes with disc brakes at the front and rear.
- Good ground clearance
- Well built and quite solid
- Not very noisy
- 125cc Dirt Bike
1. Apollo Tools Agb-36 250cc Dirt Bike – Best Electric Dirt Bikes
- By: Apollo Tools
This dirt bike by Apollo Tools is one of the most powerful in our review. It comes with heavy-duty frame steel that can accommodate riders as heavy as 440 pounds. The 250cc 4-stroke air-cooled engine is quite powerful and torquey even for experienced users.
It churns up to 15Hp/15Kw of power and a peak torque of 17.5N.M @ 5500 room. This allows the dirt bike to reach a top speed of 65mph. the engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and features disc brakes at the front and rear tires.
- The bike is big and very fast
- It starts very easily and is also smooth
- The well-built bike can support heavy users
- 250cc Dirt Bike
Key Features of Best Electric Dirt Bike:
Before spending your hard-earned cash on a dirt bike, or falling prey to the suave seller’s word, the following things need consideration:
- Budget: it’s paramount to choose the bike depending on the cash you are willing to spend. As we all know, this accessory isn’t cheap and there are running costs which include fuel, service, and maintenance, purchasing new tires once in a while, repainting and more. Inexperienced users or beginners are more likely to make mistakes and damage the bike. It’s therefore important to have some cash on the side, just in case.
- Size: The size of the bike will be influenced by several things. These include your height, weight, strength, engine capacity and personal preference. Heavy users need a bike with stronger suspension, stronger people can handle heavier types, while tall users can go for bigger bikes. A 250 bike may be a piece of cake for a seasoned rider but will overwhelm a beginner. It’s also important to look at the seat’s height, handlebar design, and type of suspension.
- Experience: Why would an inexperienced rider go for the most expensive bike? Firstly, he/she lacks the experience to handle it properly and will bump or knock obstacles. Secondly, such bikes are more complex and require greater handling and maintenance. Thirdly, the cost of servicing, repairing and maintaining such bikes is higher. The best approach is first learning the trade with a basic bike and then upgrading to a more costly one.
- Area of Use: Will you be riding on trails, tracks or dual sport riding? Asking this question helps you select the appropriate bike. Track bikes have lower gear ratios and don’t necessarily need to hit high speeds. Trail bikes, on the other hand, are about speed and quick takeoff and will have higher gears so as hit top speeds faster. Dual sports bikes are more all rounded and can be used on tracks as well as the trail.
- Two or Four Stroke? Two strokes came out much earlier than four-strokes which soon took over the scene. However, two-stroke engines are slowly making a comeback. Two-strokes are loved for their simplicity, lightweight, easier maintenance, agility, and affordability. However, they are noisier and smoke a bit more than four-stroke bikes. Four-stroke engines are more powerful, more torque, last longer, less noisy and also don’t smoke a lot. But, they require more maintenance, are more costly, and are also heavier.
- Mechanical Skill: If you know your way around dirt bikes, then you can go for an expensive type since you will be able to carry out the repairs by yourself. You can also go for a used bike and refurbish it to a better condition. However, if your mechanical skills aren’t that great, it’s always advised to go for a completely new bike. This is because it will require fewer repairs.
- Bike Brand: Dirt bike sport isn’t cheap. Even the best and newest bike can break on its first day after attempting a high jump or hit an obstacle. Over time, different manufacturers have surfaced. This has broadened the buyer’s options and also made the prices more competitive. Nevertheless, it’s always advised to go for established brands such as KTM, Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Husqvarna.
Other crucial factors are the type of start (electric or kick start), dealer support, brand reputation, safety rating and consumer reviews.
There goes our summarized list of the top 10 best dirt bikes in 2017. These bikes share lots of similarities and this made it a challenge to choose the best. They all come with decent power, have good suspension, can handle the rough terrain, and are also well-built. Nonetheless, we found the Taotao DB17 125cc to be the crème de la crème for a number of reasons.
Nonetheless, we found the Taotao DB17 125cc to be the crème de la crème for a number of reasons. One, it’s quite torquey and powerful for its size. Two, it has one of the best suspension and can support even the heavier users. Three, it handles tracks and trails pretty well and maintains a firm grip.
Four, IIT’s-fuel-efficient and not so noisy compared to most of its rivals. It also scores well in terms of safety, dependability, and ease of maintenance. Now it’s upon you to make your choice. And if you have ever ridden any of these bikes, why don’t you share your experience with us?