Popup canopies also are known as instant, shade, or portable canopies have made life in the outdoors easier and more convenient. Gone are the days when you had to carry heavy tents or canopies that required lots of time and effort to assemble. Also, you no longer need to use bulky and stiff stakes/poles to secure the canopies. With pop up canopies, the assembly is not only easy, and convenient, but you still get the same reliability if not better than the traditional types.
And with more and more people spending time outdoors; along the beach, at the park, at campsites, or sporting events, it has become necessarily to invest in a good product. To shed more light on the different accessories, we have prepared this review that lists the top 10 best pop up canopy in 2017. But before we start the countdown, why don’t we look at the important features to look at?
- Key Features:
- Top 10 Best Pop Up Canopy in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
- 10. Eurmax Basic 10 X 10 Pop up Canopy – Portable Event Outdoor Canopy
- 9. Wenzel Smartshade Canopy 10 x 10
- 8. Coleman Instant Canopy Sunwall – Accessory Only,10 foot X 10 foot
- 7. Coleman Instant Canopy
- 6. CORE Equipment Instant Canopy
- 5. Quik Shade Expedition EX64 Instant canopy
- 4. Abba Patio 10 x 10-Feet Outdoor Pop Up Portable Shade Instant Folding Canopy with Roller Bag
- 3. AmazonBasics Pop-Up Canopy Tent – 10 x 10 ft
- 2. Caravan Canopy 10 X 10 Foot Straight Leg Display Shade Commercial Canopy
- 1. Abccanopy Kingkong-series Pop Up Canopy
Top 10 Best Pop Up Canopy in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
10. Eurmax Basic 10 X 10 Pop up Canopy – Portable Event Outdoor Canopy
- By: Eurmax
Suitable for most outdoor events including weddings, sports events, camping, tradeshows, recreational activities, and parties, this popup canopy by Eurmax is worth a thought. It comes in dimensions of 10 x 10 feet, features a 300D polyester cover, and straight steel legs. The fabric offers up to 95% protection against UV, is weather and fire-resistant. And to enhance its elegance and life, the canopy is powder-coated. Setting up the accessory takes a short time and doesn’t require any special tools.
- The canopy is well-made for most activities
- The heat-sealed seams prevent water, moisture, and other debris from penetrating inside
- Setting and collapsing the item takes a short time
- It’s not very ideal for heavy-duty usage
- The canopy tent is relatively heavy
- Some people claim that it doesn’t pop up as fast as they would want
9. Wenzel Smartshade Canopy 10 x 10
- By: Wenzel
The Wenzel Smartshade canopy covers an area of 10 x 10 feet and is perfect for picnics, beach, parties, garden parties and much more. It’s made from high-quality 210D polyester fabric that is UV resistant, waterproof, and can last long in good hands. The flexible frame is made from sturdy steel and offers a firm support and base. The popup canopy comes in a simple style and should only take a few minutes to erect as well as pull down.
- Setting up and bringing down the canopy takes little time
- The steel frame is very strong and can withstand high winds
- The cover fabric provides a good shade/shelter against rain and the sun
- It’s fairly light and not very fit for heavy downpour
- The light fabric doesn’t completely block off sunlight
- The steel frame wobbles a bit in strong winds
8. Coleman Instant Canopy Sunwall – Accessory Only,10 foot X 10 foot
- By: Coleman
The Instant canopy Sunwall by Coleman covers an area of 10 by 10 feet and is designed for outdoor use. It’s made of a high-quality fabric that offers protection against rain, wind, and sun and is rated at 50+UPF. The accessory is supported by flexible and light steel frames that are powder coated for better durability. It comes with a sidewall and straight legs that maximize the space while offering good stability.
- The fairly large tent is relatively light and also easy to pack and carry
- The shade and shelter provided by this instant canopy is amazing
- It holds up pretty well even in windy situations
- There are some complaints that some canopies lack spots for fitting the clips
- This canopy isn’t very reliable in very heavy downpour
7. Coleman Instant Canopy
- By: Coleman
The Coleman instant canopy offers a 13 by 13 ft shade and is suitable for many situations. It comes in a square shape and a vaulted ceiling for improved performance and better appeal. The fabric features UVGuard technology for maximum protection against the harmful UVA and UVB rays emitted by the sun. You also don’t need to worry about getting soaked under the rain since the fabric is waterproof. It relies on flexible steel poles for support and a vent for releasing excess heat, especially in the hot days. When not in use or during transpiration, the canopy will fit inside the provided easy-pull carry wheel that comes with wheels.
- This canopy scores highly for its amazing looks
- It is quite spacious and easy to move
- Setting it up is a breeze
- The supports and poles feel a bit weak
- It lacks a good reinforcement for the corner
- The instant canopy is fairly heavy
- This canopy shouldn’t be used in very strong winds or heavy rain
6. CORE Equipment Instant Canopy
- By: CORE Equipment
Protect yourself and other people from the sun, wind, or rain using this instant canopy by Core Equipment. Made from heavy-duty 150-D polyester fabric, this unit will prevent water from penetrating through. It is also fire-resistant and is fully taped for maximum strength. The accessory is supported by steel frames and also comes with tie downs and ground stakes. It covers an area of 10 by 10 feet and features straight legs.
- The canopy goes up and comes down easily
- It maintains its steadiness even in windy days
- The canopy is waterproof and allows no water to soak through
- The stakes/ poles are not very strong
- The material is somewhat thick
- It’s a fairly heavy pop up canopy
5. Quik Shade Expedition EX64 Instant canopy
- By: Quik Shade
This instant canopy will provide a shade covering 10 by 10 ft area. It features a cover made of 150D polyester fabric and strong steel frames. The cover is not only strong and durable but will prevent up to 99% of harmful UV rays. This is bettered by the AluminexTm coating that extends its reliability and longevity. Like most top sellers, the steel frames are powder coated to prevent chipping, corroding, rusting and also make it more attractive. The popup canopy comes with patented push/pull sliding latches and push pin leg extenders.
- The canopy tent though simple and basis is very reliable
- It’s light and will easily fit inside a carry bag
- The shade providing by this instant canopy is perfect
- The fabric is a bit too light and not appropriate for rough weather
- Assembling the canopy is a challenge for one person
4. Abba Patio 10 x 10-Feet Outdoor Pop Up Portable Shade Instant Folding Canopy with Roller Bag
- By: Abba Patio
Say goodbye to bulky and large canopies that are a challenge to setup. You also don’t need to get wet when it rains. With the Abba Patio instant canopy, not only do you get a light and strong canopy, but also an easy to carry the product. It’s made from tough 300D Oxford fabric that is water resistant, protects you from UV rays, and also keeps the wind at bay. It comes with high eaves for better space and a wheeled carry bag. The canopy is used together with strong steel frames that can withstand the elements. They are powder-coated to prevent rust, corrosion, chipping, fading, peeling and slow down wear and tear. This accessory is perfect for picnics, camping, parties, sports events, recreational activities and more.
- The canopy remains steady even on windy days
- Both the steel frame and cover fabric are strong
- It easily folds down and fits inside the carry bag
- It’s not a very big canopy
- The steel frame isn’t very flexible
3. AmazonBasics Pop-Up Canopy Tent – 10 x 10 ft
- By: AmazonBasics
This pop-up canopy tent by AmazonBasics is common on beaches, parks, outdoor parties, wedding receptions, and campsites among other places. When pitched, it offers a shade covering an area of 10 by 10 feet. It’s made from a light and strong fabric that prevents water or moisture from seeping through. For support, it relies on a steel frame and angled legs. The steel frame is powder-coated to prevent rust, corrosion, peeling, chipping and also to improve its appearance.
- Although light, this unit is fairly strong
- It can easily be assembled and disassembled by one person
- Provides a good shelter even on very sunny days
- The canopy isn’t very stable in very high winds
- The legs don’t retract very smoothly and require a bit of effort
- The stitching seems weak in some locations
2. Caravan Canopy 10 X 10 Foot Straight Leg Display Shade Commercial Canopy
- By: Caravan Canopy
The Caravan pop-up canopy is suitable for both individual and commercial applications. It consists of a 500D polyester top cover and strong powder coated steel frame. The 10 x 10 canopy provides a shaded area of 100 square meters and is water-resistant and combats up to 99% of UV. It comes with the more-stable straight leg design, pull pin slider, pull pin adjuster, and full truss system. Included in the kit are a 420D roller bag and 4 stakes.
- The canopy comes in a good design
- The frame is very stable
- Due to its simple design, it can be set up easily even by newbies
- The fabric is a tad bit light and can easily be blown away by strong wind
- The stakes are not suitable for heavy-duty anchorage
- It’s a bit too bulky for one person to assemble
1. Abccanopy Kingkong-series Pop Up Canopy
- By: Abccanopy
The Abccanopy Kingkong instant canopy takes the pole position for a number of reasons. One, it is well-designed from strong 300D polyester. Two, it features heat-sealed seams that keep moisture, dust, dirt and other elements at bay. Three, the strong steel frame is not only easy to assemble but also powder-coated for extra strength and durability. Four, the canopy’s straight square legs together with the 100% nylon mold brackets provide the needed support. It also comes with a roller bag and carry bag as a bonus.
- This canopy is very waterproof even in heavy rainfall
- It can tolerate strong winds
- The frame is well-designed and very sturdy
- The canopy is fairly heavy
- It’s a bit small
- The fabric feels somewhat stiff
There goes the top 10 best pop up canopy in 2017 reviews. As a camper, a person who spends time at the beach, an events organizer, or fun seeker, you will find the mentioned accessories worthwhile. Firstly, they come in a user-friendly design that makes setting up easy. Secondly, the various canopies while being light are also very strong. Thirdly, they come in small and compact design for easy carrying and storage.
Fourthly, they can withstand the elements (water, wind….), resist fire and also offer protection against UV. And as a show of proof, the popup canopies are backed by amazing and positive reviews. So, after reading these reviews, which one appeals to you most? Or do you have something to add? Why don’t to leave a comment or share your thoughts?