Mobility scooters also known as travel scooters in the UK have become common on our streets. This at a time when people want ease and convenience to move around despite their physical weaknesses, injury, or old age. Many types and brands are readily available to suit different needs and tastes and can be bought online as well as offline. However, one of the biggest challenges is choosing the best scooter.
The last thing on the consumer’s mind is being back on the market looking for a replacement because the earlier one broke down or was unreliable, or spending too much time repairing and maintaining the unit. After noticing the troubles people have when scouting for a good accessory, we evaluated different products and came up with this top 10 best mobility scooters in 2017 reviews.
- Top 10 Best Mobility Scooters in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
- 10. EW-27 Crossover Pre-Mobility Scooter by E-Wheels
- 9. Tzora Titan Folding Three-Wheel Mobility Scooter
- 8. Go-Go Ultra X 3-Wheel Travel Mobility Scooter Including 5 Year Ext. Warr.
- 7. E-Wheels – EW-11 Euro-Type Sport Scooter
- 6. Shoprider Sunrunner Personal Travel Scooter
- 5. Epizontech.com Ems-48 Electric Mobility Scooter
- 4. Pride Mobility Victory 10 Pride 3-wheel Electric Mobility Scooter SC610; Blue
- 3. Pride Mobility Victory 10 Pride 3-wheel Electric Mobility Scooter SC610; Blue
- 2. SaferWholeSale, E-Wheels EW-66 2 Passenger Heavy Duty 500 Watt Electric Trike Three-Wheeled Mobility Scooter
- 1. Pride Mobility SPORT RIDER Single Seat Trike 3-wheel Electric Power Scooter + FREE Challenger Vinyl Custom Cover
Top 10 Best Mobility Scooters in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
What Are the Important Features?
- Speed: the right mobility scooter offers the desired speed as per the user’s preference or terrain. Some have a top speed as low as 4 mph while the very fast one can reach speeds as high as 20mph.
- Chassis: The base or chassis is made from quality material to resist vibration, impact and also support the weight of the motor, user, and luggage. Common materials include aluminum, steel, and fiberglass.
- Wheels: while smaller wheels may be easier to maneuver, they are less dependable when it comes to shock absorption or riding on rough and bumpy surfaces. It’s necessary to balance comfort and maneuverability.
- Handlebars: A scooter can be controlled via either square shape (Delta tiller) or and normal handlebars. The former provides a better resting place for your hands and easier control but is a bit complicated.
- Battery: the larger the battery, the higher the current/amperage and the longer the charge will last. However, it will drain much faster even ridden on hilly areas compared to flat or sloppy surfaces.
- Seat and armrests: the armrests and seats of a good mobility scooter are ergonomically designed for maximum support and performance. It will also feature good padding for maximum comfort and support, especially on rough terrains.
- Tires: the tires come as either solid or pneumatic type. The first type is mostly seen in small tires and is puncture proof. However, it doesn’t absorb shock and impact well. The latter, pneumatic, features large knobby tires that have good shock absorption and riding smoothly on rough and bumpy surfaces. Unfortunately, they can be punctured and are not as durable as solid type.
- Design: Mobility scooters come with three, four, or five wheels. Three -wheeled are easier to maneuver and have a tighter turning radius, four-wheels are more stable, while five –wheeled scooters combine the efficiency of the three and four-wheeled scooter.
Other notable features are Tiller, Battery indicator, Brakes, Control Box, Ignition, Price and extra accessories.
10. EW-27 Crossover Pre-Mobility Scooter by E-Wheels
Just because you are physically weak or have mobility issues doesn’t mean you can’t move around or have to keep bothering people. With this 3-wheeled scooter, you will enjoy the same mobility if not better indoors, outdoors, On as well as Off road. The robust and trendy piece can support a weight of up to 350 pounds and is suitable for men and women.
Its powerful 500-watt electric motor enables this scooter to hit a top speed of 15mph while the 5-inch ground clearance makes riding over rough and bumpy surfaces easier. The small rear back seat is suitable for groceries, pets, or a child while the included 48V, 20ah rechargeable lead acid battery offers a range of up to 35 miles per charge.
- Good performance and power
- Smooth and comfortable ride
- Variable speed and good shock absorption
9. Tzora Titan Folding Three-Wheel Mobility Scooter
The Tzora Titan brand is one of the respected brands in regards to mobility scooters. This one, in particular, is among the best from not only the brand but also in the market. it’s suited for weights not exceeding 300 pounds, weighs approximately 51 pounds and is very compact and transportable.
The Euro-style piece features a powerful and torquey motor for going uphill and can reach a top speed of 6.8 mph. It will run for a distance of up to 19 miles before the batteries need a boost. Consumers love the luxurious, ergonomic and foam memory padded seats as well as the large rear tires.
- Looks great and handles well in different terrains
- Decently sized and well-padded seat
- Easy to drive and maneuver
- High performance and silent
8. Go-Go Ultra X 3-Wheel Travel Mobility Scooter Including 5 Year Ext. Warr.
You shouldn’t stay at home because you are suffering from mobility issues. What you deserve is this Go-Go travel scooter. It’s well known for its unique design that allows it to break into 5 smaller pieces for better carrying and storage.
Although lightweight, it can support up to 260 pounds and features flat-free wheels for a smoother and comfortable ride. The two 12V sealed lead acid battery not only offer a good range but also are much lighter than others are.
- Very light and compact
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Great controls and affordable
7. E-Wheels – EW-11 Euro-Type Sport Scooter
With the popularity of euro-type sports scooters growing, you should consider investing in this red/white mobility scooter from E-Wheels. It’s one of the fastest on offer and can reach a top speed of 18 mph while the high-capacity 48V, 20ah battery gives it a maximum range of 40 miles per charge.
The 2-colored unit relies on the heavy-duty front and rear fork suspension for improved stability and shock absorption and a smart charger for quick charging. For better security, it features an On/Off key fob and anti-theft system while the large front basket and extra storage beneath the seat offer decent storage for your items.
- Powerful and torquey motor
- Has one of the highest top speeds
- The coverage is amazing
- Comfortable and good shock absorption
6. Shoprider Sunrunner Personal Travel Scooter
With a weight capacity of 300 pounds, the Shoprider Sunrunner mobility scooter is fit for most people. It’s also one of the most compact and portable units courtesy of its lightweight and compact nature.
The four-wheeled electric scooter comes with a luxurious and well- padded seat for maximum comfort and support and the built-in high torque motor enables it to reach a top speed of 5.0mph and will have little trouble climbing hills. A single charge should cover a distance of up to 25 miles.
- Light and compact
- Good-looking and trendy
- Comfortable and sturdy seat
5. Epizontech.com Ems-48 Electric Mobility Scooter
If you weigh or are planning to gift a person who weighs 400 pounds or below, then this mobility scooter may be what you are after. The black 2017 model is more refined than the earlier version and comes with a heavy-duty design for heavier users and is suitable for On and Off road riding.
The 61 x 29 x 41-inch scooter will fit in the standard doors and most openings and can reach speeds as high as the 20mph courtesy of the 950-watt electric motor. The 48V, 20ah battery has a range of up to 45 miles and charges fairly fast via the included smart charger.
- Good performance and range
- Very fast and easy starting
- Versatile and comfortable
4. Pride Mobility Victory 10 Pride 3-wheel Electric Mobility Scooter SC610; Blue
Many seniors fall in love with this travel scooter once they see it or read its specs. The blue 3-wheeler is designed for the weight of up to 400 pounds and can reach speeds of up to 5.25 mph.
It consists of a vinyl cover for added protection against wear and wears as well as the elements, a large and well-padded set for extra support and comfort, and lots of storage spaces( rear basket, seat back mega bag, and armrest bag). It’s very easy to assemble thanks to the feather-touch assembly mechanism while the backlit battery gauge enables you to keep track on the charge level.
- Can support even users
- The ride is smooth and comfortable
- Assembly is simple and easy
3. Pride Mobility Victory 10 Pride 3-wheel Electric Mobility Scooter SC610; Blue
If orange is your color of choice, then this EW-36 mobility scooter should be perfect. It’s designed for seniors and other people with mobility issues and is among the most user-friendly on the market. It features a light but sturdy frame that can support a weight of 300 pounds.
The 3-wheeled scooter features a brushless motor and has a maximum speed of 18 mph, making one of the fastest. The included 48V, 20ah battery has a range of 45 miles while the two high- quality shock absorbers minimize impact and vibrations. We also loved its digital anti-theft system, large storage basket, and reverse switch.
- Fast and silent
- Easy to ride and comfortable
- Ergonomic seat and armrest
- Sleek design and affordable
2. SaferWholeSale, E-Wheels EW-66 2 Passenger Heavy Duty 500 Watt Electric Trike Three-Wheeled Mobility Scooter
This three-wheeled scooter by E-Wheels can carry not one but two people at the same time. It features one of the sturdiest and robust frames on the market that can accommodate a weight of up to 600 pounds. We loved its ground clearance of 4.5 inches that enable it to get over bumps and rough sections easier.
The silent 700-watt electric motor together with the rechargeable sealed maintenance-free battery allows the scooter to attain a maximum speed of 15mph and a range of 35 miles per charge.
- Solid frame and heavy-duty design
- Good range and top speed
- No assembly needed – Good support and stable
1. Pride Mobility SPORT RIDER Single Seat Trike 3-wheel Electric Power Scooter + FREE Challenger Vinyl Custom Cover
The first thing we liked about this mobility scooter by Pride Mobility is its shortish look that gives it elegance. And just like its looks, it offers good performance both on smooth and rough surfaces. This is attributed to its powerful electric motor and large tires that grip firmly on the surface and absorb the shocks and road vibrations.
The black three-wheel scooter gets high scores for its well-spaced and padded seat, good and smooth suspension, long range and long-lasting battery.
- Good construction and solid
- Soft surface and comfortable
- Elegant and trendy
If you are physically impaired or have trouble walking around, then you will find a mobility scooter a good solution. It will not only support your weight and allow you to move freely and effortlessly, but also comes with extra storage for accommodating your luggage, pets, or even grand children.
We have unearthed the top 10 best mobility scooters in 2017 and finding the best type the first time shouldn’t be a problem. The listed products are well constructed, feel very solid and comfortable, are easy to operate and maneuver even in tight spaces, and offer a good range. The top speed is also good and they have good ground clearance and tires to ride smoothly over rough terrains.