Most people think that all claw hammers are the same and that it is possible to use a certain hammer to perform quite a number of tasks. But, depending on their models, sizes and weights, each type of hammer has a specific task that it plays. It’s more of adaptations or rather, features that define what hammer to do what.
A hammer serves in nailing, roofing, framing and assembling different components like metal and wood. Quite often, a noble person who has no knowledge or experience with different types of hammers gets confused on what hammer to purchase and most of the time, people’s main consideration is the price. They want to go for the cheap ones, without putting into considerations the rest of the features.
- Top 10 Best Hammers in 2017 Reviews:
- 10. Irwin Tools 1954889 Fiberglass General Purpose Claw Hammer
- 9. TEKTON 30123 Jacketed Fiberglass Claw Hammer
- 8. Estwing E16S 16 oz Straight Claw Hammer with Smooth Face & Leather Grip
- 7. Maxcraft 60626 8-oz. Stubby Claw Hammer
- 6. Craftsman 9-38045 16-Ounce Curved Claw Hammer
- 5. The Original Pink Box PB12HM 12-Ounce Claw Hammer, Pink
- 4. Vaughan FS999ML 20-Ounce -Inch999-Inch Straight Claw Hammer
- 3. Stanley 51-163 16-Ounce FatMax Xtreme AntiVibe Rip Claw Nailing Hammer
- 2. Dewalt Dwht51054 20 Oz. Rip Claw Hammers
- 1. Stiletto TB15MC TiBone 15-Ounce Titanium Milled-Face Hammer
Top 10 Best Hammers in 2017 Reviews:
10. Irwin Tools 1954889 Fiberglass General Purpose Claw Hammer
- By: Irwin
- Weight: 1.5Ibs
- Size: 12.8 x5.8 x1.1 in
This hammer is advantageous since while doing fiberglass construction, it reduces fatigue and absorbs vibrations. Furthermore, it is comfortable to work with due to its rounded handle and its durability assured by the forged steel. Don’t forget that it has a curved base to prevent it from slipping off your hand while using it.
Interestingly, you can shop the hammer online and delivery done at your destined area. If you’re looking for excellent performance, then you can trust this hammer to deliver!
- It has a rounded handle
- It has a smooth face
- Pro touch grip
9. TEKTON 30123 Jacketed Fiberglass Claw Hammer
- By: Tekton
- Weight: 1.5Ibs
- Size: 13x 5.4x 1.2 in
This hammer is light to ensure that the user does not put much effort while using it, but it is strong enough to help perform tasks like nailing. The anti-slip rubber grid ensures comfort while holding it and at the same time preventing it from slipping off the users’ hands.
Its curved claws ease the removal of nails from wood and metals. For guaranteed durability, it is made of high strength fiber glass. One outstanding feature of this hammer is that it is wrapped with an absorbing poly jacket (to prevent the core from missed strikes.
- It comes with an anti-slip Rubber grip.
- It is light.
- It has a smooth face.
8. Estwing E16S 16 oz Straight Claw Hammer with Smooth Face & Leather Grip
- By: Estwing
- Weight: 1Ib
- Size: 12.5 x4.9 x1.2 in.
The fact that the head and handle of this hammer are forged in one piece makes it outstanding, and its leather handles comfortable to use. It is light to help the user have an easy time while using it. The head and face are fully polished to ensure efficiency during actions like nailing.
- It has a leather grip.
- It has the leather handle.
7. Maxcraft 60626 8-oz. Stubby Claw Hammer
- By: Maxcraft
- Weight: 12.8Ibs
- Size: 6.5 x4 x 1in
I have a liking for this hammer due to its magnetic head. It ensures that the nails are held by the hammer for proper nailing. This is beneficial in instances where you are not capable of holding the nail with the other hand that is not holding the hammer .its size is favorable for performing small tasks. Its soft handle ensures comfort during its usage. Its quality is guaranteed as it is made of steel.
- It has a Magnetic head.
- Its claw head is made of steel.
- It comes with a contoured handle grip.
6. Craftsman 9-38045 16-Ounce Curved Claw Hammer
- By: Craftsman
- Weight: 10.2Ibs
- Size: 13.5 x5.3 x5.2 in
This hammer can be shipped internationally and it has a warranty. It has an outstanding feature; the third claws that help remove tight nails. Soft handle cap is used for light tapping while as the steel shield ensures that the handle does not get damaged.
The chevron grip is essential as it provides comfort. Its size increases the surface area for proper holding of the hammer. The third claw ensures that you get the work done conveniently and comfortably.
- It has a third claw.
- It has forged head.
- It has chevron grip.
5. The Original Pink Box PB12HM 12-Ounce Claw Hammer, Pink
- By: The Original Pink Box
- Weight: 1.3Ibs
- Size: 15.1x 5.5 x 1.6in.
Ladies, here comes your hammer. Although hammer related jobs are perceived as men’s, this hammer will just attract you from far by its hot pink color. You might find using the hammer interesting by using this specific one. Other than color, it has a rubber handle to prevent your hands from hardening, ladies’ weakness.
Its smooth face ensures that the wood is not tampered with by leaving some patterns on it. The fiberglass core ensures that there are little or no vibrations during the nailing
- It comes with a grip rubber handle.
- It has a smooth face.
- It has a fiberglass core.
4. Vaughan FS999ML 20-Ounce -Inch999-Inch Straight Claw Hammer
- By: Vaughn & Bushnell
- Weight: 2 lbs
- Size: 16x 1.2 x6 in
Accurate nailing is assured by its large crowned striking face and triple zone heat treating. By using this hammer, one is assured of better balance than the rest of the hammer as it is more of solid fiberglass which is highly durable. It holds the nail better as it does not slip it off due to its milled face. The large striking face increases surface area thus improving performance.
- It comes with a large, crowned striking face.
- It has more effective shock absorption.
3. Stanley 51-163 16-Ounce FatMax Xtreme AntiVibe Rip Claw Nailing Hammer
- By: Stanley
- Weight: 1.2Ibs
- Size: 11.7x 5.1 x1 in
With this hammer effects of torque are out of the question due to its patented torsion control grip technology. Shock is absorbed due to its AntiVibe technology, and it has a limited lifetime warranty. Strength and durability are assured due to the forged, one-piece steel construction.
- It comes with a Patented AntiVibe technology.
- It has a limited lifetime warranty.
- It is made of steel.
2. Dewalt Dwht51054 20 Oz. Rip Claw Hammers
- By: Dewitt products
- Weight: 1.8Ibs
- Size: 14 x 5.4x 1.5 in
Its weight is perfect for hard tasks that make hammering easier. Its color (yellow) makes it easy for you to spot. Its graduated paws make it effortless to remove nails. Shipping is, free and it has a factory warranty. It’s comfortable to work, with and its balance is well established.
- It comes with a factory warranty.
- It has a well-established balance.
1. Stiletto TB15MC TiBone 15-Ounce Titanium Milled-Face Hammer
- By: Stiletto
- Weight: 1Ib
- Size: 6.2 x 1.5 x18 in.
It has a rubber grip that makes gripping easier and is mainly used for nail- driving tools. Its magnetic power makes it easy for nailing as the nail is held in place. It is light enough to reduce the pressure exerted while working with it and it has a replaceable steel face.
- It has steel faces
- It’s Light
- It comes with a magnetic nail start feature