The kind of wheels on your skateboard will influence the nature of ride and experience you will have. These accessories will determine how fast you go, how well you will maneuver corners and curves, the stability of the board, and the intensity of wheel bite. Choosing the wrong wheel is one of the mistakes made by many people and many will only realize the faults after spending money.
The skateboard may be a bit noisy, the ride won’t be very smooth, the wheel bite will be too much, or the wheels will start wearing off sooner-than-later. Whether a beginner or a seasoned skateboarder, your desire is to get the best product. This top 13 best skateboard wheels in 2019 reviews shed more light on the important characteristics and summarize the 10 best products on the market. Skip to the best Skateboard Wheel on Amazon.
- List of Best Skateboard Wheel Reviews in 2019:
- 13. Spitfire Formula Four Conical Skateboard Wheels, Skateboard wheel durometer
- 12. Spitfire Bighead 51mm White W Blue Skate Wheels, Spitfire skateboard wheels
- 11. Blank Skateboard Wheels
- 10. Everland Skateboard Wheels
- 9. Everland Skateboard Wheels
- 8. Choice Best Skateboard Wheels
- 7. Spitfire Bighead Spitfire skateboard wheels
- 6. Everland, 52mm Wheels w/ Bearings & Spacers Best skateboard wheels (all color)
- 5. Shark Wheel California Roll 60mm 78a All Terrain Skateboard Wheels
- 4. MBS All-Terrain Longboard Wheels
- 3. Spitfire Bighead Skateboard Wheels (48mm 50mm 51mm 52mm 53mm 54mm 57mm 59mm 63mm)
- 2. Powell Peralta Rat Bones Re-Issue Skateboard Wheels
- 1. Orangatang Kegel 80 mm Downhill Longboard Skateboard Cruising Wheels (Set of 4)
- Key Features of the best skateboard wheels:
List of Best Skateboard Wheel Reviews in 2019:
13. Spitfire Formula Four Conical Skateboard Wheels, Skateboard wheel durometer
- By: Spitfire
Many people are first drawn to these wheels because of their amazing graphics and colors. Coming in green and black, this set of 4 is designed for both skateboards and longboards. Each wheel has a diameter of 53mm and durometer of 101A and this makes them perfect for many settings including street skating, performing tricks, riding uphill or downhill and more. They come in a conical shape that minimizes rolling resistance and makes you move faster and take corners better.
- The wheelset is very elegant and comes with amazing graphics
- They produce minimal noise and roll resistance
- They offer good grip and are easy to install
- Skateboard wheel durometer, Best skate wheels
12. Spitfire Bighead 51mm White W Blue Skate Wheels, Spitfire skateboard wheels
- By: Spitfire
Coming from the Spitfire brand are these nice looking skateboard wheels. The 4 wheels are made of PU and come in a blend of white and blue color. Each wheel has a diameter of 51mm, a durometer of 99A and the wheelset weighs less than 0.44 pounds. They are designed for use in many situations including the park or street and are renowned for the good contact patch and stability even at high speeds.
- They are pretty light and easy to use
- The wheels produce minimal noise even on rough surfaces
- They are well-made and feel pretty solid
- Spitfire skateboard wheels, Best skate wheels
11. Blank Skateboard Wheels
- By: Blank
The Blank brand is known for producing quality and reliable wheels for skateboards, longboards and related accessories. This set, for instance, will work with most skateboards and is also easy to fit. It comes with a diameter of 53mm and allows you to take curves and turns fast, easily perform flips and also power sliding. The material is pretty solid and should last for a long time.
- Feel solid and well-made
- Can be fitted within minutes
- Offer a smooth ride with minimal noise
10. Everland Skateboard Wheels
- By: Everland
Any serious skateboarder should consider these wheels from the Everland brand. They have a diameter of 52mm and can be classified as among the small types. This makes them great for cornering, flips and street use. They are fairly hard with a durometer rating of 99A and should last for a long time. Also included in this set are 8 ABEC-7 bearings and 4 spacers.
- Their small size makes them perfect for trick and street skating
- Offer smooth and silent operation
- They are sturdy and well-made
9. Everland Skateboard Wheels
- By: Everland
Also from Everland are these 4 wheels that will fit on different types of skateboards and longboards. Each wheel comes in a decent size and measures 65 x 51mm. Like other top products, they are made of quality polyurethane that is revered for good grip, reliability, good shock absorption, minimal noise, and longevity. They look very trendy courtesy of their stone ground clear red color.
- They hold the bearings pretty well
- The wheels are sturdy and also affordable
- The ride provided is smooth and silent
8. Choice Best Skateboard Wheels
- By: Choice
It’s common to see these skateboard wheels by Choice being used by beginners as well as seasoned users. They come with a durometer of 99A and are not very soft or too hard. This makes skateboarding at the park or on the streets more rewarding. The wheels have a diameter of 52mm and are good for normal day-to-day use, street skating, and trick skating.
- They are well-made
- The quality is pretty decent
- There is minimal shaking or noise
7. Spitfire Bighead Spitfire skateboard wheels
- By: Spitfire
This set of wheels is designed for both skateboards and longboards. Each wheel measures 52mm in diameter and is well suited for taking sharp and accurate corners, performing tricks and flips, and also use on the streets. This is boosted by their light weight and contact patch that offers the user better control.
- They not only look great but also feel solid
- The graphics on the wheels is amazing
- The performance of these wheels is excellent
- Spitfire skateboard wheels – Best skate wheels
6. Everland, 52mm Wheels w/ Bearings & Spacers Best skateboard wheels (all color)
- By: Everland
This set by Everland contains 4 high-quality skateboard wheels. Each comes with a diameter of 52mm and will fit different kinds of skateboards as well as longboards. With a durometer rating of 99A, they are not very soft or too hard, and this makes them a good choice for day-to-day use. Also included in this set are 8 ABEC-7 Bearings and 4 Spacers.
- The wheels look nice
- They are well-constructed and feel solid
- Offer a good grip and slide smoothly
5. Shark Wheel California Roll 60mm 78a All Terrain Skateboard Wheels
- By: Shark Wheel
These skateboard wheels come with a number of spectacular features that make them unique from the rest. They feature an innovative design that is made with every skating fanatic in mind. The wheels are made to perfectly go with penny boards and cruisers. Coming in a larger size, riding has never been this smoother ever before.
And whether you are new in skating or a pro, these wheels will keep you safe from slipping since they are made to offer maximum grip. Their unsurpassed versatility means that you can now roll them over a variety of terrains. Their durability nature also means that they have been made to give you years of smooth riding experience.
- They glide faster than the traditional wheels.
- They work better in rough terrains when compared with the traditional wheels.
4. MBS All-Terrain Longboard Wheels
- By: MBS
If you are a real skating aficionado, you agree with me that nothing feels better than taking a turn around the neighborhood in the late afternoon hours. However, unless your skateboard is equipped with the right wheels, you will find it a little wanting to roll over some terrains. This is why you should consider getting all-terrain wheels so that you can enjoy limitless skating regardless of the terrain.
MBS All-Terrain wheels are made with strong material hence can ride over a rough terrain and steel come out in a great shape. The wheels are made to provide maximum grip onto the surface to keep you safe when skating. And since it is made to dovetail different outfits, it comes in a variety of colors.
- They are affordable.
- They have a larger ground clearance which lets you drive over most debris on the road.
3. Spitfire Bighead Skateboard Wheels (48mm 50mm 51mm 52mm 53mm 54mm 57mm 59mm 63mm)
- By: Spitfire
What makes these skateboard wheels unique is not just the pocket-friendly price, but also their hardness which gives them the durability feature. In fact, if you really don’t intend to go back to the market anytime soon in search of the same, these skateboard wheels should be the perfect option for you.
They have a diameter of 48mm hence perfectly sized to offer unlimited skating regardless of the terrain. Moreover, coming with great decorations, they will not only give you fun but also elevate your trendiness. The great traction allows you to skate in both rough terrains and smooth surfaces alike. The wheels come in 2 pairs (a total of 4) and are available in an array of colors.
- They provide a softer ride hence perfect for any skill level.
- They are smooth enough to roll with much ease as compared to most skateboard wheels on the market.
2. Powell Peralta Rat Bones Re-Issue Skateboard Wheels
- By: Powell-Peralta
These skateboard wheels will give you a smooth riding experience whether on a smooth surface or on a rough terrain. Their smooth nature means that they remain quiet when rolling and are faster. And since they are wide enough, they will provide you with more stability as you skate around the neighborhood regardless of whether you are a beginner or a professional.
And just in case you thought that you would fork out your entire pay slip on them, that isn’t the case since they have been priced to suit the pockets of different skating fanatics. These skateboarding wheels are available in blue, green, and black colors.
- They are made to fit nicely.
- They are perfectly sized; not too thin, neither are they too wide.
1. Orangatang Kegel 80 mm Downhill Longboard Skateboard Cruising Wheels (Set of 4)
- By: Orangatang
Just in case you are an aesthetic fan, these should be the perfect wheels for you since they come with an awesome appearance. The wheels are specially designed for breakneck speed and offer a reliable grip which makes them ideal for skateboard racing. The wheels have a diameter of 80 mm which means that they are large enough to roll over anything. The urethane material offers maximum durability. The large supportive core reduces weight while simultaneously providing faster acceleration and crisp slides.
- The urethane formula provides excellent traction, smooth and predictable drifts.
- It comes in a set of 4 wheels.