If you are reading through these top 5 best oven mitts reviews in 2017, you obviously are looking for a better kitchen experience. Probably you are tired of your fingers getting burnt or dropping pots and pans because of by fire or high heat.
Maybe you want to improve your baking skills or minimize spills and accident. Or maybe you simply want to replace your aging mitts or cooking gloves. The kitchen can be quite demanding especially if you constantly expose yourself to hot food, liquid, or fire. Not only may these incidents lead to poor cooking results but may also lead to injury.
Imagine accidentally touching a hot cooking pan or using gloves or mitts that allow heat to pass through? Well, in this review, we will look at the important aspects that come into play when choosing these cooking aids. We will also break down the top 5 Oven mitts reviews in the market. Skip to the best Oven Mitt on Amazon.
- Top 5 Best Oven Mitts Reviews in 2017 & Buyer’s Guide:
- Which is The Best Oven Mitt?
- 5. Homwe Oven Mitt Professional Silicone – Best Oven Mitts
- 4. The Kitchen Haven Silicone Oven Mitts – Best Oven Mitts
- 3. Gorilla Grip Oven Mitts, The Original GORILLA GRIP Non-Slip Silicone Oven Mitt, Best Oven Mitts
- 2. Life Quintessentials Silicone Oven Mitt, Best Oven Mitts
- 1. The Triumphant Chef Oven Mitt, Silicone Oven Mitts – Best Oven Mitts
Top 5 Best Oven Mitts Reviews in 2017 & Buyer’s Guide:
Which is The Best Oven Mitt?
5. Homwe Oven Mitt Professional Silicone – Best Oven Mitts
- By: Homwe
This professional oven mitt by Homwe is a popular choice for many people. You will find it in homes, restaurants, p commercial kitchens, and many other places. It measures 14.7 inches long and will fit most hands. It comes with a soft quilted liner that provides comfort and also keeps your hands cool.
The accessory is med from waterproof silicone that provides nonslip hold and is resistant to temperatures as high as 450 F. users give this product a thumb up for its good quality, firm grip, BPA-free, easy to wash and is approved by the FDA. However, it may feel a bit long for small hands and may feel warm especially when dipped in very hot liquids.
4. The Kitchen Haven Silicone Oven Mitts – Best Oven Mitts
- By: The Kitchen Haven
Similar to other top mitts in the market, the Kitchen Haven type is designed for domestic and commercial use. It is made from top-grade silicone that can within heat not exceeding 450 F. the unit comes with super flexible outer that easily fits in different bands and also ensures you have a firm hold on the utensils.
It is waterproof and can easily be washed or wiped. For extra protection, this mitt comes with soft quilted inner liner and long cuff. According to consumers, these accessory scores well in regard top heat resistance, flexibility, unfortunately, it is somewhat tight for very large hands and may feel a bit stiff when new.
3. Gorilla Grip Oven Mitts, The Original GORILLA GRIP Non-Slip Silicone Oven Mitt, Best Oven Mitts
- By: Gorilla Grip
Similar to gorillas, these oven mitts provide a strong grip on pans, pots, and other cooking utensils. Furthermore, they will keep your hands and fingers safe from heat courtesy of the silicone outerwear. The inner lining is soft and comfortable thanks to the 100% cotton and 100% polyester filling.
This pair is FDA Approved, waterproof, Food safe and will resist heat not exceeding 446 degrees Fahrenheit. Its key advantages include strong grip, quality built, waterproof and flexibility (suitable for small and large hands). The downsides are the fairly-thick material and limited color choices.
2. Life Quintessentials Silicone Oven Mitt, Best Oven Mitts
- By: Life Quintessentials
Made from quality silicone, this oven mitt by Life Quintessentials is a good choice. The extra-long professional piece comes with 100% silicone outer and 50% Polestar and 50% cotton inner. The Mitt can tolerate temperatures as high as 250C / 482 F while the soft and smooth inner provides good comfort to your hands.
Its long design also protects your forearms and is ideal for open flames such as in a barbecue. Reasons to buy this product include good comfort, high quality, easy to wear, and durable. Some users sadly claim that it is rather bulky and large. Others say the long design may affect maneuverability.
1. The Triumphant Chef Oven Mitt, Silicone Oven Mitts – Best Oven Mitts
- By: The Triumphant Chef
As suggested by the name, this Oven Mitt will make you triumph while in the kitchen. The pair consists of an outer made from high-grade silicone that provides the solid grip on the pots, pans, and other utensils. The material is also known to be durable, flexible and easy to maintain and clean.
The interior is quilted from 100% cotton and filled with polyester, and this creates a soft and comfortable environment for the hands and fingers. The FDA-Approved hand wear is heat-resistant up to 232 Degrees Celsius 450 Degrees Fahrenheit and comes in a one-size-fits-all.
The Oven Mitt is loved for their elegance, comfort, flexibility, and oil-proof and waterproof nature. This piece nonetheless feels somewhat tight on large hands, and it’s slightly pricier than some other alternatives.
Key Features Of The Best Oven Mitt:
Finding mitts is very easy and stress-free. You can buy them from a physical store or order them online. Unfortunately, not all mitts will serve you right. In fact, some will leave you disappointed and probably force you to look for a better pair. The following features should be considered when searching for good oven mitts:
- Material: Cotton, silicone, Kevlar are some of the materials used in making mitts. The right material will provide good grip, resist heat, strong and lasts for a long time. Cotton is revered for its comfort, Kevlar for its strength while silicone provides firm non-slip grip.
- Comfort: A good pair is easy to put on. It is well-designed both internally and externally and won’t make your hands stuffy or sweat too much, or feel too cold.
- Ease of Use: Wearing mitts shouldn’t feel like a chore. This is why it’s necessary to look for user-friendly types. They will be of the right size, not too tight, not too bulky and improve maneuverability.
- Heat Resistance: One of the main goals of mitts is to protect your hands from heat when handling hot utensils or near a fire. Silicone, Kevlar and cotton score well regarding heat resistance.
- Design: A good Mitt is well-crafted for maximum functionality and is also elegantly-designed. It will look good on your hands and also when hanging on the wall.
Other important aspects include brand reputation, price, versatility, durability, maintenance ease, and consumer reviews.
The importance of quality mitts can’t be stressed enough. It doesn’t matter whether you are new to cooking, a culinary expert or a person who rarely cooks. One certain thing is that you will expose yourself to fires and high temperatures more-often-than-not.
However, it doesn’t mean that you can’t protect yourself. With the right mitts not only will handling hot pots, pans, and other utensils be easy, but you will also prevent dropping utensils and spilling the contents. Quality mittens also minimize injuries such as burns, scalds, and blisters caused by touching hot surfaces, hot water, food or steam.
Finding the perfect item is undoubtedly not easy. Nonetheless, you will have an easier time if you follow our top 5 best oven mitts in 2017 reviews. The listed items are made from quality material, are heat resistant, easy to maintain, flexible and can fit different hand sizes.