Gait belts are a necessity especially for those who, for one reason or another, find themselves unable to walk freely. Of course, if you are to use gait belts, it’s only prudent that you get the best ones. Although there are countless options, which in most cases confuse the buyers, getting the best people is one heck of a task.
In my attempt to get the Top 5 Best Gait belts in 2017 Reviews, I had to grill numerous products available in the market. And yes, those who beat my expectations are listed below. Skip to the best Gait belt on Amazon.
- Top 5 Best Gait belts in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
Top 5 Best Gait belts in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
5. Old Nobby, Gait Belt with Handles
- By: Old Nobby
This superior quality gait belt by Old Nobby is an excellent product. Designed to accommodate waist sizes between 28’’ and 50’’, this is a medical gait belt designed to cater for patients of different heights and weight. Fully adjustable to fit over 99% of patients, it is the perfect solution for patient bed transfers.
In fact, this is a high-grade gait belt which comes with a high-quality stitching and a high back to provide ultimate support and comfort. Its nylon design allows nurses and caregivers to transfer overweight patients conveniently and comfortably.
It’s also machine washable which makes it quite impressive. Its 6 transfer hand grips ensure that patients are transferred comfortably while its secured stitching offers maximum stability. If you are looking for a secure gait belt, this is your bet. Its quick release design adds up to its excellent features.
- It’s made to work for people with different height and weight sizes
- It’s fully adjustable
- It’s machine washable
- It offers 100% satisfaction
- It comes in a quick release design
4. Tommhanes, Transfer – Gait Belts
- By: Tommhanes
Nylon made, Tommhanes transfer gait belt is yet another quality option you can explore. If you are looking for a gait belt that guarantees maximum support and risk-free transfer of patients, you need to give it a shot. Its nylon fabric makes it breathable and quite comfortable to wear while its vertical and 3 horizontal handles make it one of the safest and most comfortable gait belts in the market.
Given its user-friendly buckles, this is one of the best gait belts in the market as well. In fact, it’s among the highest rated gait belts on amazon.com. Its adjustable size allows it to fit waists of between 36’’ and 52’’. What’s more, its waist supporter offers adequate support for physically inconvenienced patients as they try to assume an upright sitting position. And yes, it comes with night reflective stripe which is a safety gear for patients’ outdoor rehabilitation.
- Its material is breathable and extremely comfortable
- It comes with a nice waist supporter
- It allows movement to different positions
- It’s fully adjustable
- The night reflective strip makes it quite safe
3. LiftAid, Transfer and Walking
- By: LiftAid
If you want an excellent gait belt which guarantees absolute support, you can try out this LiftAid transfer gait belt. It’s a superior quality ultra-soft gait belt which nylon-made to enhance comfort and facilitate easy transfer. Being machine washable, this medical gait belt is the ultimate solution to all waist related complications.
Its 6 grip positions allow caregivers and nurses to select an ideal leverage point to minimize the risk of injuring patients. Its adjustable quick release buckle allows nurses to adjust it according to your size. Given the level of technology employed in the designing of this gait belt, it’s arguably one of the safest and most reliable gait belts in the market. And yes, it’s a universally versatile gait belt which offers unparalleled comfort.
- It boasts a medical grade superior construction
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
- The six hand grips make ambulation a breeze
- It comes with a fully adjustable quick release buckle
- It offers adequate comfort
- It’s quite versatile since it fits patients of various sizes
2. Trademark Supplies, Medical Gait Belt, Soft Nylon Transfer Belt
- By: Trademark Supplies
Introducing a stellar combination of quality, strength, and durability, Trademark supplies’ gait belt is one of the best and most trusted products in the market. Its durable and high-quality nylon material boosts its strength and comfort while its unique design makes it quite handy.
This premium quality gait belt not only guarantees efficient and risk-free transfers but also offers an outstandingly comfortable support. Its adjustable quick release buckle provides maximum security during transfer of patients while its 6 hand grip positions facilitate convenient and comfortable transfers. And yes, being a universal gait belt, it can be used on patients of varied waist sizes.
- It comes with six handles and a quick release buckle for easy operations
- It’s made from top quality, soft and durable nylon
- It’s machine washable
- It offers unsurpassed comfort
- It comes in a universal size ideal for everyone
1. Secure, Transfer Walking Gait Belt with Six Hand Grips and Quick Release Buckle
- By: Secure
And finally, Secure transfer gait belt carried the day thanks to its unique features, excellent comfort and outstanding performance. Being one of the most trusted gait belts in the market, it’s the ultimate solution to walking, transfer and ambulation issues. Its nylon material coupled with an excellent stitching ensures that you get the best results.
Its 6 hand grip positions ensure that nurses and caregivers identify the perfect leverage point to avoid injuring the patient. Being machine washable, its universal versatility coupled with an adjustable quick release buckle add to its excellent design.
- It’s made from soft and durable nylon material
- Its reinforced stitching makes it quite sturdy
- It comes with vertical and horizontal handles for adequate comfort
- It’s machine washable
- The size is ideal for people of different sizes
- The material: The material is an important aspect which has to be considered before you purchase a gait belt. Of course, the material will determine other features like durability and how reliable the belt is. Ensure that you get a gait belt made from a durable and soft material which doesn’t break after a day or two. Unless you want to take a flop home, be extra keen on the material.
- The size: You also have to consider the size of any gait belt before you buy it. In fact, the size could mean the difference between you getting quick recovery and you staying in pain for a very long time. Ensure that you go for a gait belt which offers a snug and accurate fit without being too loose or too tight. The size will also affect how comfortable you feel.
- Comfort: Comfort is of utmost significance when it comes to purchasing of gait belts. Of course, gait belts are bought for healing purposes. This means that you should ensure that you pick one which offers unrivaled comfort in order to fasten the healing process. Unless you want to have slow and uncomfortable healing process, ensure that you get what fits you comfortably.
- Adjustability: You should check how adjustable the belt is. In case it isn’t adjustable enough to fit you, avoid it like a plague. Go for gait belts which are adjustable enough to fit you perfectly and precisely.
If you are looking for the best gait belts, you have to try the ones listed above. Having undergone extensive and thorough screening and grilling, you can trust them to offer the best results.