Every woman who uses makeup understands that pressed powders are an important part of any makeup kit. Whether you are dealing with oily skin, sweat, humidity, the pressed powder will give your skin a smooth matte finish all day or night. Pressed powder comes in different colors and also in sheer and translucent options to suit different skin requirements. Some can absorb oil and reduce shine while others cover the appearance of fine lines and pores.
- Top 12 Best Pressed Powders Reviews in 2018:
- Which is The Best Pressed Powder?
- 10. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder- Pressed Powders
- 9. L’Oreal Paris Super-Blendable, Creamy Natural, Pressed Powders
- 8. COVERGIRL Advanced Radiance, Pressed Powders
- 7. COVERGIRL Clean Pressed Powder Foundation Classic Ivory, .39 oz
- 6. Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powders, Light/Medium, 0.3 Ounce
- 5. COVERGIRL Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Pressed Powder Creamy Natural, 0.39 oz
- 4. L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Powders, Natural Beige, 0.33 oz.
- 3. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powders, Silky Beige, 0.49 Fluid Ounce
- 2. Mineral Fusion Pressed Powders Foundation, Neutral 2 – 0.32oz ea
- 1. Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte Plus Poreless Powders
- What Is Pressed Powder?
- Pressed Powder vs. Loose Powder:
- Setting Powder vs. Finishing Powder
Top 12 Best Pressed Powders Reviews in 2018:
Which is The Best Pressed Powder?
10. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder- Pressed Powders
- By: Rimmel Pressed Powder
Rimmel is a household name in the beauty industry. From their eyeliners to those amazing waterproof lipsticks, Rimmel has really taken over the market. This particular Pressed powder from Rimmel not only makes your skin look amazing but also gives an even tone for a very long time.
If you are looking for a product that guarantees a flawless, smooth skin, Rimmel Pressed powder is your bet! And, it’s a safe and friendly product suitable for all skin types and sensitive skins. If you are tired of using those half-baked products which give a chalky finish, try this particular Pressed powder, and you will notice the difference. And yes, it’s suitable for both beginners and professionals!
9. L’Oreal Paris Super-Blendable, Creamy Natural, Pressed Powders
- By: L’Oreal Paris Pressed Powder
L’Oreal is a name we have lived to love in the beauty industry for a long time. They have continually introduced quality beauty products into the market throughout the duration they have been in operation. And yes, their L’Oreal Paris Super Pressed powder has been flying off the shelves rapidly thanks to its unique ingredients and superb performance.
Designed to precisely match your skin tone and texture, you can never be wrong about this product. And if you are looking for a Pressed powder that never leaves your skin looking chalky and cakey, you should try L’Oreal out! It gives a natural, flawless and even finishes which leave you looking and feeling beautiful. Accompanied by a mirror and an applicator, it’s a full package ready for use.
8. COVERGIRL Advanced Radiance, Pressed Powders
- By: COVERGIRL Pressed Powder
Offering a stellar combination of both quality and reliability, Covergirl is a reliable Pressed powder whose performance is unparalleled. If you are looking for a natural-looking finish, it’s what you need to try out! It smoothly and evenly tones up your skin texture making you look brilliantly glamorous.
If you are tired of those unreliable Pressed powders which can’t last even an hour after applying, try thi9sn particular product out! It’s smooth and silky formula comes with awesome skin brightening ingredients which not only leave your skin looking less oily but also makes it look bright.
It is suitable for a broad range of applications from deep to light-toned surfaces. If you are looking for a Pressed compact powder that naturally augurs with your skin tone and texture, looks no further! And yes, having undergone dermatological tests, this compact powder is proven to be safe for sensitive skins. It doesn’t cause clogging which is a characteristic exhibited by some poorly performing compact powders. And of course, it also contains age-defying ingredients which mean that you will be killing two birds with a single stone!
7. COVERGIRL Clean Pressed Powder Foundation Classic Ivory, .39 oz
- By: Covergirl Pressed Powder
COVERGIRL Clean Pressed Powder Foundation is made to give you a fresh, clean, natural look. If you have an oily skin, then this is the powder right for you. It is made with a shine-free formula that helps to make your pores less visible therefore it leaves your skin looking, smooth, soft and naturally beautiful. You can either wear it alone or with a foundation and concealer to keep you fresh-looking all day.
- Dermatologically tested.
- This pressed powder does not clog pores.
6. Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powders, Light/Medium, 0.3 Ounce
- By: Revlon Pressed Powder
The Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder is a light powder that is perfect for every makeup kit. It is comes in 6 shades. This powder is made with special ColorStay jet-milled formula that creates fine, lightweight texture which reduces shine and creates a natural, fresh and flawless finish. Additionally, it helps to reduce shine for close to 16 hours when applied alone or over makeup. With its Lightweight and comfortable nature, the Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder is long-lasting and will not clog your pores.
- This powder is Oil-free and non-irritating and does not clog your pores.
- They are available in 6 shades.
5. COVERGIRL Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Pressed Powder Creamy Natural, 0.39 oz
- By: Covergirl Pressed Powder
Let the COVERGIRL Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Pressed Powder give you a fresh, natural look throughout the day. This pressed powder is made with a silky-smooth formula that features skin-brightening pigments which easily glides on your skin for even and beautiful coverage. Furthermore, it is dermatologically tested therefore it is suitable for sensitive skin.
- This pressed powder is easy to apply to give even, natural-looking finish.
- The silky-smooth formula is made with skin-brightening ingredients.
4. L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Powders, Natural Beige, 0.33 oz.
- By: L’Oreal Paris Pressed Powder
L’Oreal True Match Powder is specifically made to match a variety of skin tones and textures. This fine pressed powder blots shine on your T-zone and blends well to give you a natural finish look. The formula contains tiny pearl pigments that enhance your skin tone. For a flawless look, you can use this powder over True Match foundation and concealer.
- The L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Powder matches your skin tone and texture accurately.
- It never looks cakey or chalky.
3. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powders, Silky Beige, 0.49 Fluid Ounce
- By: Rimmel Pressed Powder
The Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder is made of natural minerals that reduce shines and minimizes pores appearance Up to 5 hours. Dermatologically tested, therefore, it is safe for your skin. Being voted as the best-pressed powder by Glamour, this powder is always recommended by makeup artists and bloggers. It is cost-friendly and available in most drugstores. Additionally, it is available in 8 shades for all skin tones.
- Lasts up to five hours to control natural shine by using natural minerals.
- Helps to reduce the appearance of pores.
2. Mineral Fusion Pressed Powders Foundation, Neutral 2 – 0.32oz ea
- By: Mineral Pressed Powder
The Mineral Fusion Pressed Powder Foundation is formulated to suit all skin types. Made with gentle ingredients such as cucumber, Pomegranate, Aloe Vera and Licorice root, Red Tea, White Tea, Vitamin E and Vitamin C this powder has proven to be very safe and age-defying. This pressed powder features triple-milled, silky minerals that offer even coverage for smooth skin tone.
- Made with pure ingredients that soothe the skin and promotes age defiance.
- This foundation pressed powder is available in “Neutral 2” shade which is perfect for fair to medium skin tones.
1. Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte Plus Poreless Powders
- By: Maybelline New York Pressed Powders
The Fit Me Matte plus Poreless Powder from Maybelline New York focused on skin tone matching and was made to fit distinctive skin texture issues from normal to oily skin. This pressed powder provides long-lasting and shines control of up to 16 hours for a pore less-natural looking finish. Includes perlite mineral technology and blurring micro-powders that absorbs oil to mattify skin and make visible pores disappear.
- It is Available in 12 shades.
- The pressed powder matches your natural tone and mortifies your skin to give you a Poreless-looking look.
What Is Pressed Powder?
Pressed powder is a cosmetic product that when used, absorbs oil, sets your foundation, and leave your skin looking silky. Pressed powder can also be used alone to give a natural powdery finish or can be layered over makeup such as concealer and foundation. Most pressed powders come packed in a compact case with square or round sponge or even a small brush, which you can use to blend the powder to give you a natural look.
Apart from pressed powder, we also have loose powder, setting powder and finishing powder. It is important to know the difference between the powders so that you don’t end up buying the wrong one.
Pressed Powder vs. Loose Powder:
Pressed powder or loose powder? Which one should you buy and how do they differ from each other?
Pressed Powder: When being manufactured, all pressed powders to start as loose powders. And then oils, waxes, and other ingredients are added to create the right consistency, and then it is pressed to into a compact case. A pressed powder is easy to use throughout the day for touch-ups because of the added oils.
This type of powder provides a heavier coverage than loose powder and is amazing at hiding blemishes and dark spots. However, it can get a little tacky if you have an oily skin.
Loose powder: If you are using a liquid foundation you will need loose powder to set it. You might be tempted to use pressed powder, but it is not wise because you are piling another oil-based product on top of a liquid foundation. This will only undermine the foundation’s effect. Just apply loose powder using a makeup brush for the right amount of coverage required. If you have an oily skin, then this is the best powder for you.
Setting Powder vs. Finishing Powder
The difference between setting powder and finishing powder is;
Finishing powder: These powders that can be both pressed or loose. They are used after you have applied your make and you want to reduce glare.
Setting powder: When you use a cream based or liquid makeup this powder will “set” your makeup in place in order to make them last longer. They are also found in both loose powder and pressed form.
Tips for Choosing Pressed Powder
When selecting a pressed powder, there are some factors you should consider:
Shade Match: When choosing a pressed powder you should understand your skin tone. Choose the closest shade that matches your skin color.
Application Tools: When you purchase your pressed powder, just ditch the sponge, puff or mini brush that comes with it. They will work but with time they start collecting dust and grease. This can cause skin break out. Therefore it is important to use a makeup brush and clean it regularly.
Dermatological tested: It is wise to use a pressed powder that is dermatologically tested for your skin safety. They should be free from toxic, harmful ingredient like mercury. This not only prevents breakouts but also prevent premature aging.
We have put together top-rated pressed powder that will give you fresh, natural finish. They are suitable for most skin tones and texture too. They are not only affordable but also dermatologically tested to be safe for your skin. We would, however, highly recommend the number one on our list, Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte Plus Poreless Powder because of it; has a variety of shades (12), perfect for normal to dry skin and gives you a matte, pore-less finish that lasts up to 16 hours. Always remember to test all powders with the provided samples before making a purchase.