Air hammers make that hard task of breaking into hard surfaces easy and efficient. They come in different designs sizes and brands and consequently finding the perfect one can be tedious. It’s for this reason that we sought to reveal the Top 10 best air hammers reviews in 2017. Before making a purchase, it is important to consider various factors. In this review, we will offer a list of the best air hammers on the market. Skip to the best Air Hammer on Amazon.
- Top 10 Best Air Hammer Reviews in 2017 & Buyer’s Guide:
- Which Is The Best Air Hammer?
- 10. Performance Tool M668 Heavy Duty Air Hammer with 5 Chisels, Air Hammers
- 9. DEWALT DWMT70785 Air Chisel Hammer
- 8. PowRyte Basic Medium Stroke Air Hammer with 4 Chisels
- 7. 50 Piece Professional Air Tool Kit – Air Hammers
- 6. Sunex SX243 HD 250-Mm Long Barrel Air Hammer – Air Hammers
- 5. Ingersoll Rand 121K6 Super Duty Air Hammer with 6-Piece Chisel Kit
- 4. THINSET REMOVAL BIT – AIR Hammer-4500 BPM, 0.401 in shank!!!
- 3. Ingersoll Rand 122MAXK Short Barrel Air Hammer Kit – Air Hammers
- 2. Ingersoll Rand Air Hammer 114GQC, Best Air Hammers
- 1. Chicago Pneumatic CP717 Super Duty Air Hammer, Air Hammers
- Factors to consider before buying air hammers:
Top 10 Best Air Hammer Reviews in 2017 & Buyer’s Guide:
Which Is The Best Air Hammer?
10. Performance Tool M668 Heavy Duty Air Hammer with 5 Chisels, Air Hammers
- By: Performance Tool Air Hammer
The Performance Tool M668 is a heavy duty air hammer that comes with five chisels and is ideal for general repairs, panel cutting, punching holes, removing rivets and exhaust work. It has a built-in air regulator and quick change spring safety retainer. It also includes five heat treated chisels. It boasts a durable construction and guarantees years of service.
- It has a Built-in air regulator.
- It includes quick change spring safety retainer.
9. DEWALT DWMT70785 Air Chisel Hammer
- By: DEWALT Air Hammer
The DEWALT DWMT70785 Air Chisel Hammer has a comfortable shock absorbing handle and a lightweight aluminum body with a medium barrel design that allows you to work with ease. This air chisel comes with touch control trigger for easy user control and three chisels for the user to pick from. It has a 1/4″ air inlet and operates at a speed of up to 2,600 BPM (beats per minute). The DWMT70785 air chisel hammer accepts standard .401″ chisel shanks. This product is durable and sturdy and is backed by Dewalt’s 3-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- It features aluminum body design and shock absorbing handle.
- It has touch control trigger and accepts standard .401″ chisel shanks.
8. PowRyte Basic Medium Stroke Air Hammer with 4 Chisels
- By: PowRyte Air Hammer
This Air Hammer comes with 4 Chisels that is used in cutting metals, chipping and scraping surfaces. It has an ergonomic grip that offers greater comfort while you’re working. The PowRyte Basic Medium Stroke Air Hammer comes equipped with extra length cylinder which is ideal for hardest hitting power. It features an alloyed steel barrel for a longer life and is powered by a heat-treated piston. With the built-in power regulator, you get precise control of the speed for multiple applications while its coil spring retainer allows for fast-and-easy chisel changes.
- It has Coil spring retainer for fast-and-easy chisel changes and touches control trigger for easy use controlling.
- Includes four air hammer chisels (Flat, Splitter, punch and Weld Buster) for cutting metals, chipping and scraping surfaces.
7. 50 Piece Professional Air Tool Kit – Air Hammers
- By: Exelair Air Hammer
EXELAIR is very generous with their Professional Tool Kit. This amazing toolkit comes equipped with a heavy-duty Storage Case, 1/2 in. Impact wrench, a 3/8 in. Ratchet wrench, 1/4 in. Air die grinder, heavy duty air hammer and a blow gun with various nozzle attachments. This air compressor is good for DIY, professional, and industrial applications. The kit also has key accessories that include sockets, chisel bits, air hose fittings, a tire chuck and more for use with the tools. The 50-Piece Air Compressor Performance Tool Kit also features a 3-year limited warranty.
- The Blow Gun has three different nozzles to include sports inflations, tapered, safety and rubber nozzle with eight cfm.
- It includes Safe adjustable exhaust positioning on Ratchet Wrench and Die grinder.
6. Sunex SX243 HD 250-Mm Long Barrel Air Hammer – Air Hammers
- By: Sunex Air Hammer
Whether you have tools that need drilling, driving, grinding, cutting, sanding, spraying or hammering, Sunex Tools Air tools have the perfect air hammer that is just right for the job, thanks to its power, flexibility, and outstanding value. This air hammer is made of aluminum alloy and hardened long steel barrel that not only makes it durable and lightweight but also gives it a comfortable grip. It has exceptional features such Built-in regulator knob for easy adjustment, 2,200 blows per minute, bore 3/4, stroke 3-3/4, air inlet 1/4, minimum hose size 3/8, air consumption of 4 and sound level 110 that offers great performance when needed.
- It has Aluminum alloy housing with ergonomic comfort grip.
- Made of hardened steel barrel for maximum durability.
5. Ingersoll Rand 121K6 Super Duty Air Hammer with 6-Piece Chisel Kit
- By: Ingersoll-Rand
This is a great air hammer kit with professional touch trigger for total control when you are working. It is made with a long-life tool with a tough one-piece alloy barrel that enhances durability and reliability. You don’t have to worry if you are an amateur because this air hammer is easy to maintain, with an “easy out” throttle valve assembly. The Kit includes: a blow molded plastic case with a removable lid and six chisels
- This Air hammer comes in a blow-molded case with six chisels.
- It is made of alloy barrel that enhances quality and durability.
4. THINSET REMOVAL BIT – AIR Hammer-4500 BPM, 0.401 in shank!!!
- By: Thinset Removal Bit LLC Air Hammer
If you are a home handyman or an experienced professional the Thinset Removal Bit AIR Hammer is the perfect tool for you. It has a stunning 4500 Blows per minute and is coupled with the two Inch Wide Thinset Removal Bit (not included) does quick work of obstinate Thinset. This air Hammer is also compatible with other standard 0.401-inch pneumatic accessories.
When you purchase it the Package comes with; Air hammer, quick connect shank retainer, 3 mm hex wrench, 1/4 inch air inlet adapter, and oil reservoir. The quick connect shank retainer offers hassle-free interchanging of standard 0.401-inch shank tools. It features a rubber grip that provides added comfort and control. It is important to lubricate this air hammer using the provided oil before every use.
- It is heavy duty and has a rubber grip for comfortable handling.
- It comes with Quick Connect Shank Retainer and fit standard 0.401 Inch Shank.
3. Ingersoll Rand 122MAXK Short Barrel Air Hammer Kit – Air Hammers
- By: Ingersoll-Rand Air Hammer
This 122MAX is great for exhaust and front-end jobs, general bolt cutting, pin driving and body shearing work. The tool components are thoroughly tested to reduce tool vibration by over 30 percent compared to other air hammers. This air hammers kit offers users with comfortable tools that can be used better and longer.
Ingersoll Rand has everything under one roof. It features a 5-piece chisel set, quick-change retainer, and carrying case. The quick-change retainer allows for quick chisel changeovers, so you can get the job done fast.
- It has anti-vibration feature that reduces tool vibration by over 30 percent when compared to standard air hammers in its class.
- This Kit includes air hammer, quick change retainer, five-piece chisel set, carrying case and quick change retainer that allows for faster chisel changeovers, so you can get the job done.
2. Ingersoll Rand Air Hammer 114GQC, Best Air Hammers
- By: Ingersoll-Rand Air Hammer
This is yet another exemplary air hammer from Ingersoll Rand that is designed for high performance. It is a standard-duty air hammer that is great for cutting metals, working on the exhaust system and chipping and scraping surfaces. It includes a three-piece chisel set featuring a tapered punch, a panel cutter, and a flat chisel. Delivering a 2-5/8-inch stroke and 3,500 BPM, this air hammer is designed for maximum efficiency.
It has a quick-disconnect retainer that allows you to change chisels quickly and easily. It is lightweight and yet sturdy in construction. It comes equipped with a medium-length, alloyed steel barrel for a longer life and is powered by heat-t Other components of interest include a built-in power regulator, a professional touch trigger, a 0.401-inch shank, and a diffused exhaust at the bottom of the handle.
- It is made of longer life alloyed steel barrel and heat-treated piston.
- It has diffused handle exhaust with Ergonomic grip.
1. Chicago Pneumatic CP717 Super Duty Air Hammer, Air Hammers
- By: Chicago Pneumatic Air Hammer
Heavy Duty clientele will love this powerful tool. The Chicago Pneumatic CPT717 features the most dominant CP air hammer for automotive, truck and off-road equipment. Everything about this hammer is super and efficient. It has Positive action trigger for precise control. It features 498″ diameter chisel shank that can handle the extra power applications such as front end work, king pin removal, removal and installation of bulldozer walking beams, removal of truck springs and heavy-duty spring bushings. If you have heavy duty equipment, then this is the air hammer for you. It also comes backed by one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- It has an outstanding 1,800 blows per minute.
- It includes 498-Inch diameter chisel shank to handle the extra power.
Factors to consider before buying air hammers:
Size: Different Air hammers come in different sizes, it is important to choose one that fits perfectly into your grip and compact enough to be transported easily and stored.
Material: choose air hammer that is made of a high-quality material that is both durable and lightweight, preferably ones that are made of aluminum alloy.
Design: it is important to choose an air hammer with an ergonomic design that offers a comfortable grip while you are working.
Price: Choose an air hammer that is of high quality and value as opposed to cheap ones that will break or will need replacement frequently.