In order for the skateboard to move freely and with minimal friction, it relies on bearings. These circular metallic pieces feature a 22mm outer core, 8 mm core, and are 7mm wide. The hollow device fits inside the wheels and is mounted on the axle/shaft. Over time, the bearings will wear out and offer unreliable performance. The skateboard may become slower, it may start producing some noise, or you will experience some drag.
Usually caused when the ball bearings pit, chip or the casing is unable to hold the lube. In order to restore the board back to its original state, it’s necessary to replace the bearings. These top 10 best skateboard bearing reviews In 2017 – buyer’s guide will show you the important aspects to look at and later on will list the best 10 products on the market. Skip to the best Skateboard Bearing on Amazon.
- Top 10 Best Skateboard Bearing Reviews in 2017 & Buyer’s Guide:
- Bones Reds Skateboard Bearings Review
- Which Is The Best Skateboard Bearing?
- 10. Spruce & Co Skateboard Bearing Set
- 9. Radeckal Blue Skateboard Bearings
- 8. Dark Wolf, 8 pcs Dark Wolf Skateboard Bearings Came with Spacers and Washers
- 7. SCSK8 ABEC 9 Bearings Skateboard Longboard Spinner Red Silver 1 set of (8)
- 6. Mini Skater Generic Bearings – Skateboard Bearings
- 5. CJESLNA Bearings Skateboards
- 4. NEAL Precision Skate Bearings / 3 Different Types – Ceramic – Swiss
- 3. Bones Bearings Reds Bearings, Skateboard Bearings
- 2. BC Precision, 608 ZZ Skateboard Bearings, Double Shielded, Skateboard Bearings Silver (Pack of 8)
- 1. Bones Bearings Red Skateboard Bearings
Top 10 Best Skateboard Bearing Reviews in 2017 & Buyer’s Guide:
Bones Reds Skateboard Bearings Review
Which Is The Best Skateboard Bearing?
10. Spruce & Co Skateboard Bearing Set
- By: Spruce & Co Skateboard Bearings
This bearing set by Spruce & Co is suitable for skateboards and longboards. The bearings are made of carbon steel that is revered for its strength, sturdiness, and longevity. All the 10 pieces are rated as ABEC-9 and guarantee you of a frictionless, noise-free and seamless ride. They are easy to fit, and this takes only a few minutes.
Why Do You Like Spruce & Co Skateboard Bearing?
- The bearings are high quality and well-built
- The skateboard produces minimal noise
- Can be used in any skateboard
9. Radeckal Blue Skateboard Bearings
- By: Radeckal Skateboard Bearings
The Radeckal Blue set contains 8 standard bearings. They can be used with skateboards, roller skates, inline skates, rollerblades, longboards and other related accessories. They are made from quality steel for high performance and longevity and come pre-lubricated to offer a seamless ride. Rated as ABEC-7, these bearings offer good precision and produce minimal noise.
Why Do You Like Radeckal Skateboard Bearing?
- The ride is smooth and fairly noiseless
- They are very versatile and suitable for many accessories
- Fitting them is relatively simple
8. Dark Wolf, 8 pcs Dark Wolf Skateboard Bearings Came with Spacers and Washers
- By: Dark Wolf Skateboard Bearings
These 8 bearings by Dark Wolf are designed for any kind of skateboard. They are made from premium chrome steel and are rated ABEC-9. The outer diameter is 0.86 inches, the inner diameter 0.31 inches while the thickness is 0.27 inches. For the best experience and longevity, the set also features steel washers and spacers.
Why Do You Like Dark Wolf Skateboard Bearing?
- They are suited for low, normal and high speed
- They make the ride much smoother
- Should work with any skateboard
7. SCSK8 ABEC 9 Bearings Skateboard Longboard Spinner Red Silver 1 set of (8)
- By: SCSK8 Skateboard Bearings
If you want to replace aging bearings or want to improve the experience, you should think about the SCSK8 bearings. The set contains 8 bearings made from steel that come pre-lubricated and ready to use. Rated ABEC 9, you are assured of the best precision and minimal friction, and this allows you to skateboard faster and with minimal effort. They can also be used with longboards.
Why Do You Like SCSK8 Skateboard Bearing?
- They deliver high performance
- The bearings are well-built and long-lasting
- They are quite precise and inexpensive
6. Mini Skater Generic Bearings – Skateboard Bearings
- By: Mini Skater Skateboard Bearings
The Mini Skater Generic set consist of 16 bearings that can be used with skateboards and longboards. The case and bearing balls are made from premium steel while the rubber seal keeps the roller balls and lube intact. To save you the trouble of greasing or oiling them, the bearings comes pre-lubed from the factory.
Why Do You Like Mini Skater Skateboard Bearing?
- High-quality construction and will last for long under proper use
- They make a skateboard faster and more precise
- Their versatile nature makes them suitable for any skateboard or longboard
5. CJESLNA Bearings Skateboards
- By: CJESLNA Skateboard Bearings
The CJESLNA bearings are ABEC-9 rated, and this guarantees you of a little noise, minimal friction, and reliability. The steel bearings come in the universal/ standard size and should fit in the wheels of any skateboard, longboards, rollerblades, roller skates and other similar accessories. The unit contains 8 pre-lubed pieces that are shielded from dust and dirt.
Why Do You Like CJESLNA Skateboard Bearing?
- They are among the most affordable bearings
- The performance and reliability is good
- Works with any skateboard or longboard
4. NEAL Precision Skate Bearings / 3 Different Types – Ceramic – Swiss
- By: Neal Bearings Skateboard Bearings
The NEAL precision bearings are a good replacement for any skateboard, inline skates, longboard and other related items. The set contains 8 high-quality bearings that will make your aging skateboard feel like new. The ceramic bearings are among the smoothest and most silent and are relatively light compared to other options.
Why Do You Like Neal Bearings Skateboard Bearing?
- They are very smooth and produce almost no sound
- They easily fit in most skateboards and longboards
- Fitting the bearings in the wheels isn’t difficult
- The price is right for their quality and reliability
3. Bones Bearings Reds Bearings, Skateboard Bearings
- By: Bones Bearings Reds Bearings
This set of Bones contains 8 bearings, washers, and spacers. It’s targeted at people who want to replace aging bearings or desire a better experience. The red bone bearings are revered for their fast-spinning that should make your skateboard go faster. Bones Bearings Reds Bearing is credited to the quality design and materials that can withstand the weight of the user, extreme activities, as well as the elements. They come already greased /lubed, and all you need is simply insert them into the wheels.
Why Do You Like Bones Bearings Bearing?
- The construction looks very good
- They are strong and should give you long-lasting service
- They are more affordable than other options
2. BC Precision, 608 ZZ Skateboard Bearings, Double Shielded, Skateboard Bearings Silver (Pack of 8)
- By: BC Precision Skateboard Bearings
These bearings by BC Precision should fit inside the wheels of your skateboard. The set contains 8 standards bearings made of carbon steel and are double shielded to prevent dirt, dust and other elements from penetrating inside and damaging the rollers/balls. When properly greased and fitted, you should expect 34, 000 spins/rotations per minute. This is quite impressive especially considering their low price.
Why Do You Like BC Precision Skateboard Bearing?
- Well-built to support heavy loads/users.
- Appropriate for use with skateboards, inline skates, longboards, and scooter
- They provide smooth performance
1. Bones Bearings Red Skateboard Bearings
- By: Bones Bearings Reds Bearings
Bones Bearings are made in the USA from high-quality carbon steel. They come in universal size and fit on most skateboards, longboards and related accessories. Similar to other top items, the bearings came already pre-lubed, and all you need is simply slot them inside the wheels. The nylon ball retainer not only enhances the speed but also makes them sturdier. And to prevent dust, dirt, moisture or water from penetrating into the housing and ruining the sensitive parts, the bearing is shielded with a removable rubber.
Why Do You Like Bones Skateboard Bearing?
- The quality is excellent
- They are well-priced
- They don’t need additional lubrication
Tips for Choosing The Best Skateboard Bearing:
- ABEC ratings: This defines the precision of the bearings as well as the quality of the material. The higher the figure, the more precise and quality the bearings are, and the lesser the friction. The common rating includes 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9.
- Material: Steel and ceramic are the popular materials of construction. Steel is more affordable than ceramic but tends to expand and contract a lot, and this affects its reliability and durability. Ceramic is resistant to expanding or contracting due to heat and runs much smoother and quieter. However, it’s more expensive than steel.
- Brand Reputation: Like other products, some manufacturers will have created a good name for producing quality, reliable and durable products while other may be very green in this field. It’s better to pay more for products from a renowned and respected brand.
- Speed: A good bearing guarantees you of maximum speed by minimizing the friction. The material and design will also absorb the impact and easily dissipates the heat created.
- Noise: It’s recommended to pay attention to the noise level. Zooming at high speeds but sounding like a rickety vehicle is a no-no!
- Bearing spacers: These thin metal cylinders are fitted between the bearing and wheel and help to distribute the weight and also absorb some impact evenly. Generally, long boards require 10mm spacers while skateboards take 8mm.
Other aspects that play a crucial role include the cost, durability, country of origin, ratings, and reviews.
You no longer have to struggle to reach high speeds because of worn-out bearings. You don’t need to risk falling or injuring yourself because some bearings are acting up or too used up. Also, you shouldn’t replace the existing bearings with low-grade or substandard products. What you deserve are high-quality, certified, reliable and durable bearings.
They will be made from top-notch materials, can handle different terrains, weights, and uses, produce the least noise and minimize any friction. To find such products, simply go through these top 10 best skateboard bearings in 2017 reviews and make your pick. Not only will you get the best items but also enjoy peace-of-mind and optimal satisfaction.