In order for the skateboard to move freely and with minimal friction, it relies on bearings. These circular metallic pieces feature a 22mm outer core, 8 mm core, and are 7mm wide. The hollow device fits inside the wheels and is mounted on the axle/shaft. Over time, the bearings will wear out and offer unreliable performance. The skateboard may become slower, it may start producing some noise, or you will experience some drag.
This is usually caused when the ball bearings pit, chip or the casing is unable to hold the lube. In order to restore the board back to its original state, it’s necessary to replace the bearings. These top 10 best skateboard bearings in 2017 reviews – buyer’s guide will show you the important aspects to look at and later on will list the best 10 products on the market.
- Top 10 Best Skateboard Bearings in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
- 10. Spruce & Co Skateboard Bearing Set
- 9. Radeckal Blue Skateboard Bearing
- 8. Dark Wolf, 8 pcs Dark Wolf Skateboard Bearings Came with Spacers and Washers
- 7. SCSK8 ABEC 9 Bearings Skateboard Longboard Spinner Red Silver 1 set of (8)
- 6. Mini Skater Generic Bearings
- 5. CJESLNA Bearings Skateboard
- 4. NEAL Precision Skate Bearings / 3 Different Types – Ceramic – Swiss
- 3. Bones Bearings Reds Bearings
- 2. BC Precision, 608 ZZ Skateboard Bearings, Double Shielded, Silver (Pack of 8)
- 1. Bones Bearings Red Skateboard Bearings
Top 10 Best Skateboard Bearings in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
10. Spruce & Co Skateboard Bearing Set
- By: Spruce & Co
This bearing set by Spruce & Co is suitable for skateboards and longboards. The bearings are made of carbon steel that is revered for its strength, sturdiness, and longevity. All the 10 pieces are rated as ABEC-9 and guarantee you of a frictionless, noise-free and seamless ride. They are easy to fit and this takes only a few minutes.
- The bearings are high quality and well-built
- The skateboard produces minimal noise
- Can be used in any type of skateboard
9. Radeckal Blue Skateboard Bearing
- By: Radeckal
The Radeckal Blue set contains 8 standard bearings. They can be used with skateboards, roller skates, inline skates, rollerblades, longboards and other related accessories. They are made from quality steel for high performance and longevity and come pre-lubricated to offer a seamless ride. Rated as ABEC-7, these bearings offer good precision and produce minimal noise.
- The ride is smooth and fairly noiseless
- They are very versatile and suitable for many accessories
- Fitting them is relatively simple
8. Dark Wolf, 8 pcs Dark Wolf Skateboard Bearings Came with Spacers and Washers
- By: Dark Wolf
These 8 bearings by Dark Wolf are designed for any kind of skateboard. They are made from premium chrome steel and are rated ABEC-9. The outer diameter is 0.86 inches, the inner diameter 0.31 inches while the thickness is 0.27 inches. For the best experience and longevity, the set also features steel washers and spacers.
- They are suited for low, normal and high speed
- They make the ride much smoother
- Should work with any skateboard
7. SCSK8 ABEC 9 Bearings Skateboard Longboard Spinner Red Silver 1 set of (8)
- By: SCSK8
If you want to replace aging bearings or want to improve the experience, you should think about the SCSK8 bearings. The set contains 8 bearings made from steel that come pre-lubricated and ready to use. Rated ABEC 9, you are assured of the best precision and minimal friction and this allows you to skateboard faster and with minimal effort. They can also be used with longboards.
- They deliver high performance
- The bearings are well-built and long-lasting
- They are quite precise and inexpensive
6. Mini Skater Generic Bearings
- By: Mini Skater
The Mini Skater Generic set consist of 16 bearings that can be used with skateboards and longboards. The case and bearing balls are made from premium steel while the rubber seal keeps the roller balls and lube intact. To save you the trouble of greasing or oiling them, the bearings comes pre-lubed from the factory.
- High-quality construction and will last for long under proper use
- They make a skateboard faster and more precise
- Their versatile nature makes then suitable for any skateboard or longboard
5. CJESLNA Bearings Skateboard
- By: CJESLNA
The CJESLNA bearings are ABEC-9 rated and this guarantees you of a little noise, minimal friction, and reliability. The steel bearings come in the universal/ standard size and should fit in the wheels of any skateboard, longboards, rollerblades, roller skates and other similar accessories. The unit contains 8 pre-lubed pieces that are shielded from dust and dirt.
- They are among the most affordable bearings
- The performance and reliability is good
- Works with any skateboard or longboard
4. NEAL Precision Skate Bearings / 3 Different Types – Ceramic – Swiss
- By: Neal Bearings
The NEAL precision bearings are a good replacement for any skateboard, inline skates, longboard and other related items. The set contains 8 high-quality bearings that will make your aging skateboard feel like new. The ceramic bearings are among the smoothest and most silent and are relatively light compared to other options.
- They are very smooth and produce almost no sound
- They easily fit in most skateboards and longboards
- Fitting the bearings in the wheels isn’t difficult
- The price is right for their quality and reliability
3. Bones Bearings Reds Bearings
- By: Bones Bearings Reds Bearings
This set from Bones contains 8 bearings, washers, and spacers. It’s targeted at people who want to replace aging bearings or desire a better experience. The red bone bearings are revered for their fast spinning that should make your skateboard go faster. This is credited to the quality design and materials that can withstand the weight of the user, extreme activities, as well as the elements. They come already greased /lubed and all you need is simply insert them inside the wheels.
- The construction looks very good
- They are strong and should give you long-lasting service
- They are more affordable than other options
2. BC Precision, 608 ZZ Skateboard Bearings, Double Shielded, Silver (Pack of 8)
- By: BC Precision
These bearings by BC Precision should fit inside the wheels of your skateboard. The set contains 8 standards bearings made of carbon steel and are double shielded to prevent dirt, dust and other elements from penetrating inside and damaging the rollers/balls. When properly greased and fitted, you should expect 34, 000 spins/rotations per minute. This is quite impressive especially considering their low price.
- Well-built to support heavy loads/users.
- Appropriate for use with skateboards, inline skates, longboards, and scooter
- They provide smooth performance
1. Bones Bearings Red Skateboard Bearings
- By: Bones Bearings Reds Bearings
The Bones Bearings are made in the USA from high-quality carbon steel. They come in universal size and fit on most skateboards, longboards and related accessories. Similar to other top items, the bearings came already pre-lubed and all you need is simply slot them inside the wheels. The nylon ball retainer not only enhances the speed but also makes them sturdier. And to prevent dust, dirt, moisture or water from penetrating in the housing and ruining the sensitive parts, the bearing is shielded with a removable rubber.
- The quality is excellent
- They are well-priced
- They don’t need additional lubrication
You no longer have to struggle to reach high speeds because of worn-out bearings. You don’t need to risk falling or injuring yourself because some bearings are acting up or too used up. Also, you shouldn’t replace the existing bearings with low-grade or substandard products. What you deserve are high-quality, certified, reliable and durable bearings.
They will be made from top notch materials, can handle different terrains, weights, and uses, produce the least noise and minimize any friction. To find such products, simply go through these top 10 best skateboard bearings in 2017 reviews and make your pick. Not only will you get the best items but also enjoy peace-of-mind and optimal satisfaction.