Truth be told; no one likes mopping, sweeping or cleaning the home or office. However, we still have to do it if the environment has to be free of dirt, dust, germs, bacteria and other pathogens. What pisses many people off has to bending over, or at times, kneeling down just to get that speck of dirt, stain, dampness.
Imagine having to do this under the chairs, cabinet, desk, furniture all the time. To still achieve the cleanliness goal but in a more relaxed and convenient way, people are now turning to robot vacuum cleaners. They come in a small and compact size and will clean even in tight spaces. The best news about these accessories is that they don’t require any human intervention.
The built-in sensors allow the unit to scan dirt and dust, change direction after hitting an obstruction, and also go back to the docking station for charging. In this top 9 best Roomba vacuum cleaners in 2017 reviews; we will focus on accessories from Roomba, one of the most revered makers in the market.
- Top 9 Best Roomba Vacuum Clears in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
- 9. IRobot Roomba 805
- 8. iRobot Roomba 665, Vacuum Cleaning Robot
- 7. iRobot Roomba 860, Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- 6. iRobot® Roomba 655, Vacuum Cleaner
- 5. iRobot Roomba 614 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- 4. iRobot Roomba 770 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- 3. iRobot Roomba 880, Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- 2. iRobot Roomba 650, Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- 1. iRobot Roomba 980, Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
Top 9 Best Roomba Vacuum Clears in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
As earlier mentioned, Roomba is undoubtedly among the top manufacturers and sellers of robotic vacuum cleaners. Nonetheless, like any other products or brands, there are some products that standout. To separate the best from the average, it’s critical to look at the following features:
- Suction Power: This feature is arguably the most important. The general advice is to go for types that provide high suction since they will suck more dust, dirt compared to the low suction unit. A good unit will be at least 30 watts.
- Battery Life: the longer the battery last the more effective the wireless vacuum cleaner will be. It will cover a larger area, work nonstop for longer, and also minimizes charging time.
- Noise level: For peace-of-mind and minimal interference or distraction, it’s advisable to choose devices that emit the lowest noise possible. Some products will pass very near you without the sound annoying you.
- Charging Time: The unit will need to replenish power after some time. The intelligent piece will go back to the docking station for a power boost. The top types require lesser time to fully recharge the battery(s).
- Mode of Operating: Laser and Optical are the main technologies used in robovacs. When choosing a Roomba cleaner, you should compare the technologies to see which one works best for you.
- Remote Control: Although it will work on its own just fine, at times it may need a hand through difficult obstacles or after getting stuck. Rather than you having to leave your seat, a remote allows you to operate it from a distance.
9. IRobot Roomba 805
- By: Roomba
Boasting of idapt Navigation, the 805 will easily adapt to your home to improve cleaning. This is achieved via the superior sensors. It features AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning Mechanism that is said to be up to 50% more effective than other brands. Together with the Tangle-free extractors, the filters trap up to 99% allergens, particles smaller than 10 microns, and pollen. It’s powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and can be scheduled to work for 7 times a week.
- Quick and silent operation courtesy offers superior cleaning mechanism and minimal distraction
- Its small profile allows it to conveniently fit into small spaces such as under furniture or closet
- The vacuum cleaner is reliable on a range of flooring including hardwood, carpet, marble, and tile
8. iRobot Roomba 665, Vacuum Cleaning Robot
- By: Roomba
The 665 vacuum cleaner by iRobot Roomba is very popular, and just like other top types from the brand, it also relies on iAdapt Navigation for adapting it to the surrounding. The unit uses 3-Stage Cleaning System for more effective cleaning and produces powerful suction. For easy management and better operation, the 665 comes with Dual-Mode Virtual wall barrier technology. It also runs on the rechargeable lithium battery and can be scheduled for up to 7 times in a week.
- The suction is quite decent and eliminates fur, hair, pollen, dirt, dust and much more
- The low noise level creates minimal disturbance or distraction
- The cleaner easily moves on different surfaces while avoiding obstacles well
7. iRobot Roomba 860, Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- By: Roomba
Seamless cleaning and vacuuming are what the 860 robotic vacuum by Roomba does. Its key features include iAdapt Navigation which comprises of high-tech sensors, AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System that is up to 50% more effective than its rivals, and Tangle-free extractors to stop clogging due to debris and hair.
- Powerful suction and consistent performance
- The lithium-ion battery lasts a bit longer than its close rivals
6. iRobot® Roomba 655, Vacuum Cleaner
- By: Roomba
Weighing 13.4 x 13.4 x 3.6 inches, the 655 Pet Series vacuum robot is fit for different floors (wood, tile, carpet, marble…). Its light weight of about 7.9 pounds together with reliable built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery allows it to operate at decent speed. It features AeroVac filter, Bristle Brush, Edge Sweeper brush, beater brush, and 2 Cleaning tools.
- Its light and also portable
- Provides good suction while keeping the noise minimal
5. iRobot Roomba 614 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- By: Roomba
Roomba 614 uses 3-stage technique to clean different floors including hardwood, carpet, marble, tile and more. It also comes with patented AeroVac Technology that traps as much dirt as possible while keeping the air cleaner. The accessory comes with the new and improved new XLife Extended Life Battery for longer operation and shorter charging time.
- It works effortlessly without producing too much distractive noise
- It handles hardwood, carpet, linoleum, tile, marble and other floors quite well
- The battery lasts much longer than the earlier types or other brands
4. iRobot Roomba 770 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- By: Roomba
Backed by the iAdapt Navigation System, the 770 robotic vacuum cleaner by iRobot is quite effective. It cleans while going through obstacles with ease courtesy of the highly-adaptive sensors. The accessory’s 3-Stage system together with strong suction and agitating brushes will eliminate even the tiniest of dust/dirt. It also features dirt-Detect Series II for concentrating more on the dirtiest regions.
- Other than good vacuuming, it also helps deal with pet hair, allergens, and pollen. This leaves the room much cleaner and safer
- Its well-designed and able to work on a daily basis without its performance dipping
- This unit doesn’t require regular service or maintenance
3. iRobot Roomba 880, Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- By: Roomba
The iRobot Roomba 880 can easily clean more than one room. This is credited to the built-in iAdapt Multi-Room Navigation that allows it to sense and avoid obstacles while also adapting to any new situation. This intelligence is improved by the integrated Virtual Wall Lighthouse Technology. For good cleaning, it relies on AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System while the Tangle-free extractors stop it from clogging.
- The unit is fairly light and works relatively fast
- The noise produced is quite manageable
- Powerful suction easily eliminates dust and debris
2. iRobot Roomba 650, Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- By: Roomba
The iRobot Roomba 650 vacuum cleaner measures 13.4 x 3.6 x 13.4 inches and weighs 11.8 pounds. It comes with a low-profile for cleaning beneath furniture and can be programmed for up to 7 schedules per week. Its 3-Stage cleaning mechanism plus good suction makes it suitable for carpet, hardwood, tile, marble, laminate and more. The built-in iAdapt Navigation helps the unit adjust to the surrounding.
- Many users love its simple and sleek design
- Others are drawn by its accuracy and sensitivity to barriers or obstacles
- Users give it a thump up for good suction power and easy scheduling
- It cleans different floor types with ease
1. iRobot Roomba 980, Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- By: Roomba
This robotic vacuum cleaner can operate nonstop for up to 120 minutes. It’s based on the Innovative Adapt 2.0 Navigation plus Visual Localization for good maneuverability and adaptability in the home. The low weight of 8.7 pounds and size of 13.9 x 13.9 x 3.6 inches allows it to fit under the cabinet, drawer, couch and other places. The carpet Boost together with AeroForce Cleaning System provides up to 10times more power especially on rugs and carpet.
- Scheduling and custom setting is easy thanks to the iRobot HOME App
- It isn’t prone to the jamming that is caused by hair, fur and other debris
- It works in a seamless manner even on rough surfaces
The iRobot Roomba brand has a good reputation when it pertains to performance, reliability, effectiveness, maneuverability, and versatility. The manufacturer also provides good after sale support, customer service and warranty on its product. As a consumer, you will be more at peace when you know you have the best accessory in the market.
This is more reason this top 10 best Roomba vacuum cleaners in 2017 reviews should serve as your guide when intending to acquire a robotic vacuum cleaner. We have done the harder task of looking at the different products from Roomba brand and listing them down. Now it’s upon you to choose one from the best 10 items.