One of the best ways to make your bedroom more functional and stylish is by investing in a canopy bed. This item consists of the normal bed frame that accommodates the mattresses and beddings, bed posts that are attached to the four sides of the bed and help in supporting drapes or nets, and a canopy that forms the top/ceiling section. Other parts include the crown which is the canopy’s apex and end caps known as finials.
Over the years, the canopy has become quite popular as more and more people appreciate it. And this has contributed to many types of canopy beds. While many products give consumers a broader selection/ choice, it, unfortunately, makes it more challenging to pick one item from the range of products. The good news though is that you can spend less time, less effort and still own a top product. What’s required is to follow this top 10 best canopy beds in 2018 reviews.
- List Of Top 10 Best Canopy Beds in 2018 Reviews:
- 10. ACME 02084F Sunburst Full Canopy Bed HB/FB, Black Finish
- 9. Ezhomespree, Full Size Canopy Bed
- 8. Home Styles Furniture 5529-610 Chesapeake
- 7. Dorel Home Furnishings, Bakersfield Canopy Bed
- 6. Cara, Black Metal Queen-size Canopy Bed
- 5. DHP Canopy Metal Bed- Twin, White
- 4. Quatrafoil, Metal Canopy Bed Frame King Sized Adult Kids Princess Bedroom Furniture
- 3. DHP Modern Metal Framed Industrial Canopy Bed Frame, Queen, Grey
- 2. DHP Rosedale Canopy Bed
- 1. Home Styles Canopy Bed
- Key Features:
List Of Top 10 Best Canopy Beds in 2018 Reviews:
10. ACME 02084F Sunburst Full Canopy Bed HB/FB, Black Finish
- By: ACME
This full canopy bed will not only add comfort and convenience to your bedroom but will also make it quite trendy. This is attributed to its contemporary design and black finish. Made from sturdy metal, this accessory offers good support and will also remain firm and steady. It consists of a footboard, headboard and can be assembled within a few minutes. With a height of approximately 83 inches, it will create a perfect canopy even for very tall users.
- It’s well-built to support even heavy people
- It’s very stylish thanks to the sunburst design and sandy black finish
- Assembling the unit is straightforward
- The bed is relatively heavy and moving it is a challenge
- Cases of the bed not coming with a footboard have been heard of
- The holes may not line up properly and this affects the speed of assembly
9. Ezhomespree, Full Size Canopy Bed
- By: Ezhomespree
The Ezhomespree canopy bed is a perfect choice for the modern homes. It’s designed to fit in most bedrooms and doesn’t require lots of knowledge or tools to put together. It’s built from strong metal that not only supports heavy users but also lasts for a long time. It comes with 7 legs that can be adjusted to suit different requirements. The wheels make moving the bed easy and can also be locked when stability is needed. Other than for personal use, this piece can make a good gift item.
- It’s very spacious and good looking
- The unit feels firm and stable
- It’s loved for its good and trendy looks
- The instructions are not very clear
- Some people say it wobbles a bit
- The screw holes don’t line up perfectly
8. Home Styles Furniture 5529-610 Chesapeake
- By: Home Styles
This King size canopy bed will make you feels like a king in your royal bedroom. It’s crafted from mahogany that is respected for its strength, and cherry veneers for elegance. The accessory measures 79.5 inches wide, 89 inches deep and 82 inches high. It comes in a simple but very stylish design that merges contemporary and traditional styling. This is enhanced by the profiled edge top, cherry color, and cathedral grain cherry veneers. Together with the frame moldings, the bed brings out a classic appeal that will go well with most bedrooms.
- The bed is well-made and feels very stable
- Built from solid wood, this bed should last for many years
- It is a good looking and stylish bed
- You need to assemble the bed before use
- Without proper tools, the assembly does take time
- The bed is quite heavy and not easy to move around
7. Dorel Home Furnishings, Bakersfield Canopy Bed
- By: Dorel Home Furnishings
Made of metal and featuring and sturdy frame, this queen canopy bed can support up to 500 pounds. It measures 84 inches wide, 63 inches deep and 72 inches high. It consists of 22 metal slats that lineup perfectly to provide the required strength, stability, and comfort. The European-styled bed doesn’t come with box spring and is designed for queen mattresses. Courtesy of its modern appeal, the bed will complement curtains, drapes, and other accessories in the bedroom.
- The design is one of the best
- It’s very sturdy and well-built and its durability isn’t in question
- It offers decent space and is also very comfortable
- The bolts are very strong and may strip when handled roughly
- The support beams are not very strong
- A number of people claim that the welding on the mounting holes isn’t very smooth
6. Cara, Black Metal Queen-size Canopy Bed
- By: Cara
This Cara canopy bed will fit a queen-size mattress and is fit for homes, resorts, hotels and other places. It is made from metal and features four posts, footboard, and headboard. The contemporary-styled bed comes in an antique black finish that will help improve the bedroom’s appearance. The kit comes in 22 parts that need to be assembled using an Allen wrench and also requires a box spring.
- One of the stylish canopy beds in the market
- Assembling the bed is easy and simple
- Feels very stable even under rough handling
- It requires being assembled before use
- Does not come with a box spring
5. DHP Canopy Metal Bed- Twin, White
- By: DHP
The DHP canopy bed is constructed from strong metal and measures 77.5(L) x 41.5(W) x 71.5(H) inches. It features a footboard, headboard, and finial posts, all of which come with heart scroll designs. The bed will accommodate the standard twin mattresses whereas the four posts help attach related accessories such as curtains, drapes or mosquito net. And since it comes with metal slats, there is no need for a box spring.
- The canopy bed is very stylish and perfect for any bedroom
- It’s easy to customize the bed to suit individual needs
- It’s strong and steady
- Takes a while to fully assemble the bed
- Not very spacious especially for two large adults
4. Quatrafoil, Metal Canopy Bed Frame King Sized Adult Kids Princess Bedroom Furniture
- By: Quatrafoil
The Quatrafoil canopy bed measures 80 inches wide, 83.5 inches deep, and 82 inches high. It’s made of metal, comes in a black finish, and is designed for king-size mattresses. The accessory is suitable for the adult bedroom, kid’s room, resorts, hotels and other places. The sleek and stylish posts and finials are useful for hanging curtains, drapes, or nets, while the black wrought iron gives it the vintage look.
- The frame is great and doesn’t wobble
- Assembling the bed is a no brainer
- The sleek and vintage look is perfect
- The bed requires assembly and this takes some time
- It’s a heavy bed and requires at least two adults to move
- A bit large for a small bedroom
3. DHP Modern Metal Framed Industrial Canopy Bed Frame, Queen, Grey
- By: DHP
This canopy bed by DHP will not only improve the functionality in your bedroom but should also boost its elegance. This is credited to the sturdy metal framework that can support weights as high as 500 pounds. It also features a stylish headboard, footboard, posts and finials. The product consists of 22 metal slats and the space between the slats is about 2.5 inches. This is good enough to support a mattress as well as the user’s weight. You also don’t need to purchase a box spring, and for better stability and long life, the bed comes with metal side rails.
- The frame is not only good looking but also strong
- It’s firm enough to accommodate heavy users
- It doesn’t wobble or move when being used
- There is no need for a box spring
- Assembling the bed can be a challenge for inexperienced people
- Not a good choice for small rooms with limited space
2. DHP Rosedale Canopy Bed
- By: DHP
The DHP Rosedale canopy bed will fit any standard queen-size mattress. It’s made from metal and can be used in different situations including adult bedroom, kid’s room, hotels, guest rooms, resorts and much more. The spacious bed features four posts for hanging curtains, nets, or drapes. It also comes with a functional headboard, and footboard, and to ensure the room is elegant, it comes in a sleek and contemporary design. Like other types, this bed requires assembly before it can be used.
- Beautiful, stylish, and well-designed
- The assembly instructions are very clear
- It’s a relatively strong and steady
- This bed is fairly heavy and moving it isn’t very easy
- Even with instructions, setting the bed isn’t that simple
1. Home Styles Canopy Bed
- By: Home style
The Home style canopy bed is designed to fit king mattresses and is made from wood. It measures 78.5 (w) x 88 (d) x 60.25 (h) inches and features raised panels. The legs are slightly flared for firmness, steadiness and minimizing wobbling. It also comprises of a footboard and headboard that have been made from engineered wood. It brings out the contemporary look courtesy of the curved and straight lines, sleek design, and black finish.
- Assembling the bed is fairly easy and straightforward
- The included tools speed up the assembly
- The dark and sleek finish looks good
- For its quality, the price is right
- The wood isn’t very solid hence not the strongest
- Some spaces/gaps may be left on the joints
- Some shoppers have complained of some tools missing
Canopy beds can go a long way in making your bedroom more functional, convenient and elegant. They come with posts for supporting the canopy, decorative finials, and crown, and are also very stylish. You, however, need to understand your space, your taste/personal preference, as well as the latest trends in the market. Failure to which may lead to you buying a not-so-good product.
And considering that some cost lots of money, this isn’t a mistake that anyone wants to make. Fortunately, we examined several items in the market and were able to come up with this top 10 best canopy beds in 2018 reviews. The focus was on quality of construction, durability, stability, elegance, reliability, and comfort. So, if you purchase any of these canopy beds, you are assured of good, long-lasting service, and peace-of-mind.