Those who have ever been invaded by ants can tell how stubborn these small creatures are. Not only are they stubborn but also are very hard to eliminate. Because of mutation, ants have become resistant to some drugs. Therefore, anyone intending to eliminate ants must be careful on the kind of drug to go for.
What causes great confusion to customers is the ever-increasing number of the manufacturers and the persuasive adverts in the social media. To avoid such confusion, you have to put some factors into consideration. In this article, we will discuss some of the important factors and later on review the best ant killer drugs on the market.
- Top 10 Best Ant Killers Reviews in2017 & Buyer’s Guides:
- 10. Raid Ant & Roach Killer Insecticide Spray, 17.5 oz-2 pk
- 9. Pest Soldier Organic Home Pest Control
- 8. Terro Liquid Ant Killer Baits( 6 Bait Stations Net Contents 2.2fl.oz/0.36fl.oz)
- 7. Ortho 12-Ounce Orthene Fire Ant Killer
- 6. Ant Killer: Liquid Ant Bait Station 0.36 oz – Pack of 6 – Terro-PCO
- 5. Terro T1812-2 Outdoor Liquid Ant Killer Bait Stakes
- 4. TERRO T100-12 Liquid Ant Killer, 1 oz.
- 3. TERRO PreFilled Liquid Ant Killer II Baits, 3-Packs of 6 Baits Each
- 2. Terro 1806 Outdoor Liquid Ant Baits, 1.0 FL. oz. – 6 count
- 1. TERRO T300 Liquid Ant Baits – 6 Pack
Top 10 Best Ant Killers Reviews in2017 & Buyer’s Guides:
10. Raid Ant & Roach Killer Insecticide Spray, 17.5 oz-2 pk
This Ant & Roach killer is super easy to use. Besides, it is highly durable with the ability to last up to 4 weeks. Apart from ants and roaches, the aerosol can also be used to eliminate silverfish, crickets, spiders, water bugs, and Asian lady beetle. To apply the insecticide, you can decide to spray it directly on the pest, the infected areas or other suspected hiding areas of these insects.
- It works great; kills the ants and roaches.
- It kills fast; in less than 15 seconds!
- The pesticide eliminates a wide variety of insects.
9. Pest Soldier Organic Home Pest Control
If you are waging war against ants you need to go for the best ant killer to ensure that you get the best value out of your money. Pest soldier brings you the best drug that helps you fight against all pests invading your territory. It eliminates insects like stink bugs, ants, spiders, fleas, earwigs, Scorpion, silverfish, and other household-invading pests.
Pest soldier acts quickly to eliminate these insects restoring comfort to you and your family within the shortest time. Unlike other pest killers, pest soldier offers a natural non-toxic formula making it safe to use around children and pets
- It kills instantly freeing you and your family from these pests.
- It is highly durable.
- Does not negatively affect the young children and pets
8. Terro Liquid Ant Killer Baits( 6 Bait Stations Net Contents 2.2fl.oz/0.36fl.oz)
Some ant killers negatively affect children and pets. With this ant killer, it remains safe enough to be used around children and pets. It helps eliminates the queen ant and its generation when effectively applied in the areas where the worker ants pass by.
Using the slow killing formula, the ant killer allows the worker ant to carry it to the territories. Keep your family safe from the ant bites by using this great ant killer.
- It is worth for the price.
- It highly attracts the ants.
- It does not have a horrible smell like some ant killers.
7. Ortho 12-Ounce Orthene Fire Ant Killer
This is another great ant killer. With the ability to kill the queen ant and destroy the mounds, this great product is ideal for anyone aiming to eliminate these stubborn insects. With the ant killer containing 50% of acephate, no need of watering it.
To apply, sprinkle a tablespoonful of this ant killer over a mound. With a guarantee to kill, 1 pound of this great ant killer is enough to destroy up to 80 mounds.
- Keeps the ants at bay
- This ant killer not only eliminates ants but also other wandering pests in your home.
- It is easy to apply
6. Ant Killer: Liquid Ant Bait Station 0.36 oz – Pack of 6 – Terro-PCO
Are you looking for an ant killer that will effectively eliminate the stubborn ants from your home? Well, if yes, it’s time you stop looking. Terro brings you a highly effective liquid Ant Eliminator that will help to kill these stubborn creatures.
When compared to other brands containing 2 %, this great product contains 5.4% of Tetraborate Decahydrate (an active ingredient also called Borax) that help to fast kill the stubborn ants. You and your family can enjoy living in an Ant-Free home.
- It works great to eliminate the ants.
- The ant killer is effective for most ant species.
- It kills faster when compared to other Terro brands.
5. Terro T1812-2 Outdoor Liquid Ant Killer Bait Stakes
It’s time to get rid of the stubborn ants that are invading your home. This outstanding ant killer offers a great solution in helping to eliminate and safeguard your home from these tiny creatures. To apply this ant killer, you need to place the drug where the ants are used to passing.
With the liquid drug containing borax, this element acts slowly in killing the worker ant providing enough time for it to take the liquid to the ants’ territories. At this stage, all ants in the territory consume the killer bait. This means that you get to eliminate both seen and the unseen ants! Besides, the see-through window of the bait pack allows you to monitor the level of the ant bait.
- It works great to eliminate the ants.
- It is easy to use.
- It attracts the ants; they like it very much.
4. TERRO T100-12 Liquid Ant Killer, 1 oz.
Coming in liquid form, this ant killer contains borax. For better results, it acts slowly. To make it more effective, you should place it at the common paths followed by ants. Its slow acting nature provides enough time for the worker ants to carry the liquid bait killer to the other ants left in the territories.
Consider applying the bait killer generously for faster and better performance. Always monitor the placements to ensure that there is a fresh supply of this ant eliminator.
- It is one of the best ant killers in the market.
- Not only does it kill ants but also other stubborn insects such as cockroaches.
- It is affordable
3. TERRO PreFilled Liquid Ant Killer II Baits, 3-Packs of 6 Baits Each
With fast-acting formula, this ant killer contains borax that acts to kill all household ants. Coming in liquid nature, you can easily apply the ant killer on areas where the ants are used to. This effective drug is ideal for both indoor and outdoor usage.
Coming with a patented design, you don’t need to worry about the bait from drying it; it is weather-proof. To ensure faster and better results, it is advisable for you to use all the 6 baits for the ants to have sufficient supply.
- Real crack for the ants
- Works quickly and efficiently to eliminate the ants
- It attracts the ants to come and eat it
2. Terro 1806 Outdoor Liquid Ant Baits, 1.0 FL. oz. – 6 count
Having made in the USA, this ant killer is one of the most effective ant eliminators out there. The package contains 6 large 1 oz. pre-filled ant bait station that are ready to use. It works by attracting the ants to consume it. It is ideal for large ant infestations.
Using the slow killing technique, what makes this killer so effective is that it provides more time for the worker ants to transport the ant killer liquid to those left in the residing places. This means that you get to eliminate all ants. Being weatherproof, you don’t need to worry about the liquid ant killer becoming dry. Furthermore, the stakes help to secure the baits when placed on the ground.
- It is very easy to use.
- It attracts the ants very fast.
- It eliminates many ant species.
1. TERRO T300 Liquid Ant Baits – 6 Pack
This is the best ant killer in the market. Well, those are not my words but customers’. However, through the in-depth research we conducted, we realized that these words come with supporting evidence. It kills all household ants. Besides, the patented design makes the bait weatherproof preventing it from drying out. To use, generously apply the baits near ant trails.
With the ability to attract ants fast, this product comes pre-filled making it ready to be put into use. Its great performance explains why it is most preferred and highly rated by the customers. It’s your turn to give it a try. Having worked for those who have tried it out, you can be assured that your case won’t be different.
- It is highly effective.
- It a high-quality ant killer
- It is affordable.
Key Features of Best Ant killers:
- The Ant Species: Not all ants will respond similarly to a certain drug. To ensure that you won’t experience disappointments, you need to know the kind of ant species you are dealing with. Some are so sensitive to an extent that they won’t come even near the killer leave alone eating it. To avoid such disappointment, you need to go for the specific ant killer made for that species.
- The Stage of The ants: Just like some insects, ants go through a complete metamorphosis i.e. Egg, Larvae, Pupae and Adult. Some ant killers target a particular stage. To ensure the effectiveness of the drug, ensure you go for the one that targets that particular stage. However, manufacturers have gone a step further to come with a general ant killer. This can even be better for you.
- Safety: One of the things that we should always give a top priority is our health. It should not be different when buying an ant killer. Some killers may not only have negative effects to the ants but also to humans. Considering this, we should, therefore, go for drugs that eliminate these insects when still remaining harmless to us.
- Need For Speed: Just like other drugs, ant killers act with different speed; some faster than others. In this case, it depends on the level of irritation the insects are causing to you and your family. For the stubborn ones, you definitely need to eliminate them within the shortest period. You should, therefore, go for the ant killers that provide instant results. If the elimination is not urgent, you can go for the slow-acting killers.
- The cost: In considering this, it will depend on the size of your pocket. However, it is always important to remember that “Cheap is expensive.” This doesn’t mean that you go for the expensive killers; cost may not always reflect the actual performance. For this reason, go for ant killer that will help you eliminate these insects when still taking care of your pocket.