From temporary repairs to other DIY projects, tapes are prerequisites that let you complete various projects in school, home and office. However, these handy items vary in make, quality, and price. If you’re intending to use a tape for outdoor projects, then you need to choose the one that is designed to handle the extreme outdoor weather conditions.
This means you need a strong, durable, and waterproof tape. Such a tape is not only durable but is also versatile and ideal for different applications. As a guide, below is a list of top 15 best waterproof tapes reviews in 2019. Skip to the best Waterproof Tape on Amazon.
- List Of Best Waterproof Tape Reviews:
- 15. 2wayz Silicone Self Fusing 15ft Pack Waterproof Tape
- 14. The Original Fix Tape Rubberized and Waterproof Tape
- 13. Waterproof Tape Ninja Gaffer Tape
- 12. SolutionNerd 20ft Rubber Silicone Waterproofing Tape
- 11. T-Rex 241309 Ferociously Sturdy Waterproof Tape
- 10. Gorilla Waterproof Tape by 5 yards Crystal Duct Tape
- 9. Scotch Brand Super Thin Vinyl Plastic Waterproof Tape
- 8. ProTapes Pro Flex Butyl All-Weather Patch
- 7. Gaffer Waterproof Tape – Power Patch and Shield Power Tape
- 6. Gorilla 1.88’’ by 9 yards Crystal Clear Waterproof Tape
- 5. Gorilla Waterproof Tapes Patch and Seal
- 4. Gaffer’s Choice Water Proof Tape – Waterproof Tapes
- 3. Gorilla 1.88’’ by35 yard Black Duct Waterproof Tape
- 2. Flex Tape 4’’ by 5’’ Rubberized and Waterproof Tapes
- 1. Gaffer Power Real Premium Grade Waterproof Tape, Waterproof Tapes 2 Inch X 30 Yards
- Tips for Choosing The Best Waterproof Tape:
- List Of 8 Best Waterproof Tape Reviews:
- 8. 3M – First Aid Waterproof Tape, Waterproof Tapes 1(W) x180(L) inches
- 7. Johnson & Johnson Waterproof Tape – Waterproof Tapes
- 6. Swift Response TFSWHTR0405 – Waterproof Tapes
- 5. Tape Ninja Waterproof Gaffer Tape, Waterproof Tapes White
- 4. FiberFix Repair Tape Wrap, Waterproof Tapes 1-inch
- 3. Black Gorilla Tape, Waterproof Tapes 1.88 In. x 35 Yd
- 2. Flex Tape Rubberized Waterproof Tape, Waterproof Tapes Black, and 8″ x 5′
- 1. Gorilla Crystal Clear Gorilla Tape, Waterproof Tapes 1.88” x 9yd., Clear
List Of Best Waterproof Tape Reviews:
15. 2wayz Silicone Self Fusing 15ft Pack Waterproof Tape
- By: 2wayz Waterproof Tapes
This is a super strong adhesive tape that powerfully binds two objects into a single body. It is the ideal tape that saves you the money needed to replace those broken pipes, torn hoses, leaking windows and many more. What makes this tape unique is that it leaves no residue behind. Apart from being waterproof, this tape is also snow and weatherproof. It effectively seals off all external elements ensuring long-lasting performance. This tape comes handy and is ideal for use in various applications including both indoor and outdoor use. With this tape, you can undertake lots of creative tasks.
14. The Original Fix Tape Rubberized and Waterproof Tape
- By: Fix Tape Waterproof Tapes
This rubberized tape is a fix-it-all type that is designed for different applications. You can use it under any condition. It is very durable and versatile and can work underwater and other extreme elements. This tape is made of flexible rubber which makes it fit into tight and irregular spaces.
The Original Fix tape is very easy to apply. Just clean the surface dry and apply it. You can use it on various surfaces including metallic, acrylic, steel, aluminum, wood, porcelain, glass, fiberglass, plastic, stone, cement, concrete and drywall and many more. Fix Tape can tolerate a broad range of temperatures ranging from 20-70 degrees Fahrenheit. It is the right tape to use for both simple and heavy-duty repair tasks.
13. Waterproof Tape Ninja Gaffer Tape
- By: Tape Ninja Waterproof Tapes
This is a 30-yard waterproof tape that comes with a stylish matte finish. It is one of the most flexible tapes with high tensile strengths. Its water proof property makes it very versatile and ideal for use in different outdoor and indoor applications. For electrical connections, this tape will ensure maximum safety.
Although you can tear it easily, it is resistant to fire and if you’re planning to use it on a painted surface, then you don’t have to worry about peeling paint or sticky surface afterward. Tape Ninja pulls out quickly and won’t impact on the integrity of your surface. It is the ideal pick in case you want professional results.
12. SolutionNerd 20ft Rubber Silicone Waterproofing Tape
- By: SolutioNerd Waterproof Tapes
SolutionNerd is specially designed to help you stop those messes caused by leaks and cracks. It is an easy-to-use tape that comes in a pretty good length and roll. With just one pack of this tape, you can waterproof lots of projects. It can work well in extreme temperatures and doesn’t leave any mess behind.
The application process is easy, all you need to do is to apply and give it two hours to dry out. It is extremely tough and strong and will provide dependable service. Even after several years of extreme outdoor use, it never flinches. It is a recommended masterpiece that will bring those leaks to an end.
11. T-Rex 241309 Ferociously Sturdy Waterproof Tape
- By: T-Rex Waterproof Tapes
T-Rex is a premium adhesive tape that boasts of high tensile design. It is made of ultra-violet resistant materials that make it suitable to handle extreme weather elements. It has a double-thick adhesive construction that lets it form a durable backing. You can securely seal leaks, cracks and other repair tasks.
This tape can tolerate wet conditions, cold temperatures and holds on strongly to both rough and smooth surfaces. It forms a strong bond that requires and extra muscle to remove. It is the right tape to use in case you want something more than just a sticky bond.
10. Gorilla Waterproof Tape by 5 yards Crystal Duct Tape
- By: Gorilla Waterproof Tapes
This is a tape of its kind. Gorilla 6015002 1.5’’ by 5 yards features a crystal clear finish and doesn’t fade due to harsh outdoor elements. The tape forms a waterproof and air-tight bond and you can use it to seal and repair crakes and leakages. It is also temperature and UV resistant and can be used for multiple applications.
You can seal and repair almost any surface with this tape. In terms of construction, it features a heavy-duty adhesive layer that gives it extra strength for better durability. It also has a notched edge design that makes it easy to tear. Expect perfect and flawless results whenever you use this tape.
9. Scotch Brand Super Thin Vinyl Plastic Waterproof Tape
- By: Scotch Brand Waterproof Tapes
Scotch is an extra stretchy and flexible tape that is made of strong vinyl plastic. It is designed for different uses which include decoration, repairs, color coding and identification purposes and much more. It comes in a multi-colored pack of five which include yellow, green, blue, red and white. The super-thin design makes it hard to notice once it sticks on a surface.
This tape can be used on nearly all surfaces except the very slippery ones. The most interesting part is that you can write on this tape especially when you’re labeling items. If you’re looking for value for your money, then this is the right tape.
8. ProTapes Pro Flex Butyl All-Weather Patch
- By: Pro Tapes Waterproof Tapes
Made of high-quality rubber, ProTapes Flex Butyl effectively holds items together and delivers long-lasting results. It has double thick adhesive construction that make it dense and strong. Pro Tapes Waterproof Tape can be used on any surface including those with dust and dirt. It is ideal for repairing and reattaching items.
Regardless of the temperatures, this tape is made for use in all types of weather. Among the surfaces you can use this tape on including concrete, vinyl siding, painted and non-painted wood, brick and shingles and many more. It is one of the best waterproof tapes on the market that guarantee brilliant results.
7. Gaffer Waterproof Tape – Power Patch and Shield Power Tape
- By: Gaffer Power Waterproof Tapes
Gaffer Power Patch & Shield is a top-grade tape that is specially made to provide durable results. The tape is made of butyl and is extremely flexible and versatile. Just like any other high-end tape, Gaffer Power is purely waterproof which makes it great for different outdoor projects.
It also holds up pretty strong even under extreme conditions such as sweltering heat, numbing cold, moisture and dampness and much more. The tape is great for endless uses ranging from repairing roof patches, fixing leaky above-ground pools, nail-hole patches, gutter leaks and many more. Expect durable performance from this tape.
6. Gorilla 1.88’’ by 9 yards Crystal Clear Waterproof Tape
- By: Gorilla Waterproof Tapes
Gorilla Duct Tape 1.88’’ by 9 yards is a transparent tape that provides an airtight and waterproof surface. The tape is specially made for both indoor and outdoor applications. It has a heavy-duty construction that can resist UV rays, harsh temperatures, cold and much more. You can use it to patch both rough and smooth surfaces.
It also has a patented notched-edge design that renders it easy to tear. It is an excellent tape for doing repairs like screens and other broken surfaces. The tape is very easy to apply and for professional results, remember to clean out the fingerprints. Get this extra-thick tape leaks and cracks to an end.
5. Gorilla Waterproof Tapes Patch and Seal
- By: Gorilla Waterproof Tapes
This heavy-duty and waterproof tape from Gorilla is one of the best-selling tapes on the market. It tears off quickly and is suitable for use in different scenarios that need waterproofing.
It has a double thickness which makes it quite durable and is suitable for tough applications. The tape is ideal for use on surfaces that experience frequent rubbing and pressure. To ensure that you never have to redo those seals, this tape comes with reinforced construction. The application process is pretty simple. Just clean out the surface and apply the tape. Additionally, if you’re intending to use it on paint, remember that this tape delivers permanent results.
4. Gaffer’s Choice Water Proof Tape – Waterproof Tapes
- Gaffer’s Choice Water Proof Tape
If you thought duct tape was tough then wait until you use this tape from Gaffer’s Choice. It’s preferred by hobbyists, professionals, artists, as well as the ordinary person because of its super strength and sticking. It will adhere to plastic, metal, wood, glass, and many other materials. The non-reflective tape is highly waterproof and the good flexibility makes it perfect for tight spaces, corners, and curves as well.
3. Gorilla 1.88’’ by35 yard Black Duct Waterproof Tape
- By: Gorilla Waterproof Tapes
With a heavy-duty construction design, this tape delivers outstanding results. It effectively grips various types of surfaces including the rough, smooth and uneven and unforgiving surfaces like wood, plaster, and stone and many more. It has a reinforcement that gives it extra backup for added durability.
This tape is black and can withstand all harsh outdoor elements like UV light, rain, moisture, mold and mildew and more. It is simple to apply and you don’t need any special tool. Just tear it by hand and smooth out those uneven air pockets, leaks, and cracks. In terms of size, this tape is pretty long. 35 yards means you can use it to accomplish lots of waterproofing tasks.
2. Flex Tape 4’’ by 5’’ Rubberized and Waterproof Tapes
- By: Flex Tape Waterproof Tapes
The Flex Tape is known for its excellent water repellant performance. This tape comes with great strength and not only cushions against moisture but also delivers extra support. It is relatively thicker than most waterproof tapes on the market. It has a plastic coating which makes it even more waterproof.
The plastic also helps to seal out cracks even when the sealed areas experience more cracks. The featured rubber material makes it ideal for use in tough applications like fixing leaks in kayaks, boats, and watercraft. It is very flexible and can conform to various shapes. This tape can stay intact for long.
1. Gaffer Power Real Premium Grade Waterproof Tape, Waterproof Tapes 2 Inch X 30 Yards
- Gaffer Power Real Premium Grade Waterproof Tape
If you need the best adhesion and a professional finish, then what you need is this waterproof tape by Gaffer Power. It bonds metal, plastic, rubber, wood and other materials quite well. What’s more impressive is that its 100% waterproof meaning chances of it coming off even in wet environments are minimal. Despite its good stickiness, it tears off easily making it easy to use as well as remove. It never yellows or leaves behind a sticky mess.
Why do you like Waterproof Tape?
- Very good adhesion
- Heavy-duty and sturdy
- Fit for many applications
- Professional quality
- Not very ideal for very high temperatures.[/su_note]