While shovels and rakes do a great job of removing snow, they don’t guarantee you of a snow-free environment. In fact, you may run into bit of a problem when the melting ice and snow finds its way into the drains and starts freezing up in the low temperatures. One of the best ways to avoid such problems is doing it the good old way. By applying salt. Not only does this eliminate the snow and ice but also makes it harder for it to form when the temperatures dip.
The best and most convenient t way of applying the salty is by using a spreader. It spreads evenly, requires minimum effort, and also protects your hands. However, with so many varieties in the market, choosing product can be a daunting task. In this review, we have looked at the top 10 best salt spreader in 2017. Skip to the best Salt Spreader on Amazon.
- Top 10 Best Salt Spreaders Reviews in 2017 & Buyer’s Guide:
- 10. Super Spreader Walk behind Rock Salt Spreader
- 9. Earthway 2600APlus Spreader, Salt Spreaders 40lb
- 8. Earthway C24HD 100-Pound Professional Salt Spreader
- 7. SaltDogg TGSUV1B Tailgate Salt Spreader, Salt Spreaders 4.4 Cubic Feet
- 6. Earthway 2150T Commercial Spreader, Salt Spreaders 50-Pound
- 5. SaltDogg WB101G Walk behind Salt Spreader, Salt Spreaders Black
- 4. SaltDogg TGSUVPROA Tailgate Salt Spreader, Salt Spreaders 4.4 Cubic Feet
- 3. SaltDogg TGS05B Tailgate Salt Spreader, Salt Spreaders 10.8 Cubic Feet
- 2. SaltDogg TGS03 Tailgate Salt Spreader, Best Salt Spreaders 8 Cubic Foot
- 1. SaltDogg Electric Salt Spreader, Best Salt Spreaders SHPE2000
Top 10 Best Salt Spreaders Reviews in 2017 & Buyer’s Guide:
Which Is The Best Salt Spreader?
10. Super Spreader Walk behind Rock Salt Spreader
Spreading salt on your compound is much easier and more effective with the Super Spreader. The walk behind unit is made from sturdy stainless steel to withstand the regular use and to prevent corrosion and rust. It features large 14-inch knobby tires that move easily over different surfaces and minimize unnecessary vibrations. The heavy-duty unit is fit for domestic and commercial applications. It’s very easy to use and comes with adjustable gears for improved functionality.
- Very easy to use and control
- Simple and easy to maintain
- Good coverage and easy to adjust
9. Earthway 2600APlus Spreader, Salt Spreaders 40lb
When it comes to the best salt spreaders in 2017, the Earthway name is dominant. The 2600APlus is among the top items from the manufacturer and has a high capacity of 40 pounds.
It comes with a durable and sturdy rustproof polyethylene hoop and a steel “T” bar handle that has been powder-coated for resistance rust, corrosion and improving the looks. It relies on the Ev-N-Spred 3-hole mechanism for even distribution and spreading of the salt while the 9-inch high-flotation pneumatic wheels provide traction.
- Easy to use
- Good salt delivery
- High capacity hopper
8. Earthway C24HD 100-Pound Professional Salt Spreader
Spreading salt is easy and convenient with the EarthwayC24HD spreader. The walk behind equipment has a pretty large capacity of 3350 cubic-inch and will spread up to 100 pounds before needing refilling. The sturdy twin-tube steel chassis together with rustproof polyethylene hopper can tolerate frequent use as well as the elements. It won’t rust, corrode, or color fade when handled properly. The 13-inch high-floatation tires move seamlessly and also absorb maximum shock.
- Very easy to use
- Good capacity
- Heavy duty design
7. SaltDogg TGSUV1B Tailgate Salt Spreader, Salt Spreaders 4.4 Cubic Feet
The TGSUV1B salt spreader by SaltDogg will help keep the surrounding free of snow and ice. It may be simple in design but delivers good performance for its size. Mounting the unit is very easy thanks to its basic nature and so is removing. It is powered by a 12V electric motor that delivers up to 1/8 horsepower.The rugged hopper is constructed from top grade polyethylene for durability and reliability and is housed inside a powder-coated rugged steel frame. 1 bagged rock salt can cover an area of up to 14 feet.
- Easy to mount
- Solid construction
- Works great
- Good salt distribution
6. Earthway 2150T Commercial Spreader, Salt Spreaders 50-Pound
With the 2150T spreader from Earthway, spreading salt and broadcasting seeds will be easy. It comes with a 50-pound capacity and this is ideal for most applications. The heavy-duty piece comprises of a tough poly construction that resists rust and corrosion and is suited for the regular application. Thanks to the 1325 cubic-inch capacity, it doesn’t need frequent refilling.
The fully-enclosed gears in the super-duty gearbox are well protected and should last for a long time. For easy movement, the spreader comes with 13-inch pneumatic stud tires. The deep tread minimizes skidding and maximizes traction.
- Very easy to push
- Simple to maintain
- Good coverage
5. SaltDogg WB101G Walk behind Salt Spreader, Salt Spreaders Black
Coming in Black Steel, the WB101G is among the best salt spreaders from SaltDogg as well as the market. It’s made from commercial-grade steel to tolerate day-to-day use and comes with large knobby legs for improved mobility. The unit can accommodate up to 100 pounds of bagged salt or melt ice and has a spreading range of up to 24 feet. It consists of a fully closed gearbox for improved performance and protection whereas the durable poly hopper is resistant to corrosion, rust, or fading.
- Solid Construction
- Good pneumatic rubber tires
- Completely enclosed gearbox
- Easy to maneuver
4. SaltDogg TGSUVPROA Tailgate Salt Spreader, Salt Spreaders 4.4 Cubic Feet
This SaltDogg salt-spreader is very easy to use even by newbies. Attaching and removing takes only a few minutes and can be done using the basic tools. Nonetheless, despite its basic nature, it does an amazing job. This is credited to the powerful 1/ 2 horsepower 12-volt motor and superior screw auger.
The rugged hopper is made out of poly and is housed in a powder-coated steel frame that is resistant to rust, fading, and corrosion. It features a variable spread control for improved performance and spreads the salt evenly.
- Simple design
- Rugged and sturdy
- Even salt distribution
3. SaltDogg TGS05B Tailgate Salt Spreader, Salt Spreaders 10.8 Cubic Feet
This black spreader by SaltDogg mounts directly to the car’s bumper or via a 2-inch receiver hitch. Like other top types, it features a polyethylene hopper that is housed in a steel-made frame. It relies on a vertical auger to spread the salt and has a pretty decent coverage. The unit runs on a 12-volt motor and comes with a variable speed controller for selecting the best spreading speed.
- Quick mounting
- Good speed and delivery
- Smooth operation
2. SaltDogg TGS03 Tailgate Salt Spreader, Best Salt Spreaders 8 Cubic Foot
Coming in Black color, the TGS03 salt spreader by SaltDogg prides on being one of the best salt spreaders in 2017. It can easily be mounted on most vehicles thanks to the easy mounting mechanism. The unit features a nice a sturdy stainless steel horizontal auger feeder and is powered via a 1 / 2 HP, 12V electric motor.
The hopper is made from polyethylene and is resistant to tear, fading, rust, and corrosion. And thanks to the quality steel frame, it can withstand day-to-day use while the 13-inch pneumatic wheels improve movement.
- Quality and rugged hopper
- Good pneumatic rubber tires
- Powder-coated steel frame
- Completely enclosed gearbox
- Best Salt Spreader
1. SaltDogg Electric Salt Spreader, Best Salt Spreaders SHPE2000
As the name hints, the SaltDogg salt-spreader will dog or maul its way through the snow and ice. It comes in a simple design that makes attaching it to the truck pretty easy. Detaching it is also very simple and straightforward thanks to the integrated positive position mounting mechanism. It spreads the salt quite evenly and never gets jammed even under extreme application courtesy of the superior screw auger.
- Easy to mount
- No drilling required
- Even slat distribution
- Best Salt Spreader
Choosing the Right Salt Spreader
- Capacity: You should select a spreader depending on the need at hand or area of use. A type used in a commercial setting is much larger than the one used in a home or residential setting.
- Mobility: Moving the accessory should be simple and convenient. It’s known that the larger the wheels the easier it will move.
- Spreading/Distribution: A good device spreads the salt evenly. This prevents some areas getting burnt while others remain intact.
- Salt type: Mid-size spreaders are usually designed for finer salt while heavy-duty or hopper spreaders can also handle bulk rock or chunkier slat.
- Storage Ease: If you have a large garage or storage space, you can easily get away with any spreader. However, if you have a small space, then you need small equipment.
Attaching Ease, weight, material, maintenance ease, design, versatility, user-friendliness, price are some other important things.
Spreading salt is a good way of eliminating salt from your compound, driveway, sidewalk, and other places. By using a spreader, you not only save time and effort but also ensure the salt is spread evenly. Choosing a good product is always a bit of a challenge even to experienced users. You need to ascertain so many things including the area of use, size, capacity, design, material, salt type, storage space, and more.
Finding an accessory that meets all the above conditions can be an issue. Fortunately, you can spare yourself a headache by relying on these top 10 best salt spreaders on 2017 review. We have picked out the best equipment that will meet if not exceed your expectations.