Off-road skateboards are also known as longboards. They are almost similar to skateboards but are longer and have higher speeds, especially because of the difference in wheel size and hardware used in its construction. Off road skate boards are however more intense since they can be used for racing downhill, cruising among other things.
They are growing in popularity because they are more stable, durable and even have more, if not better traction. If you have never tried riding an off-road skateboard, below is a review to help you decide on your preferred longboard.
- Top 10 Best Off Road Skateboards in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
- 10. Atom Longboards Atom All-Terrain Longboard
- 9. MBS All-Terrain Off road skateboard
- 8. Electric Skateboards – OFF ROAD MASTER
- 7. MBS Colt 90X Mountain board
- 6. Atom 95X Mountain Off-road skate Board
- 5. MBS Comp 95X Mountain board, 46″, Wood Grain Brown
- 4. Air wheel M3 Electric Longboard Skateboard
- 3. Maverix USA Border X 800W Skateboard
- 2. Moto Tec MT-SKT-1600 Dirt Electric Skateboard
- 1. GT Power board – Black Anodized AluminumOff Road Electric Skateboard
Top 10 Best Off Road Skateboards in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
10. Atom Longboards Atom All-Terrain Longboard
- By: Atom Longboards
This off road skate board is about 39 inches long. The Atom Longboard off-road skate board has wheels that are MBS 100mm x 65mm. These wheels are great in all types of terrain, multifunctional objects and wheels mean that you don’t have to get several makes of the same thing, because the one you have will suit you in all the different settings and situations that you may end up finding yourself in.
your traction off road will be great and your speed on road will also be at its height. This is because of the super-high-rebound 78a urethane the wheels have been cast with. The off road skate board has a drop deck that is sturdy and maple lam. For added comfort and safety, this is the off-road skateboard to go for!
- The bearing of the off road skate boards are ABEC 9 and shielded with rubber.
- The bearings also have specific lubricants for high speed.
9. MBS All-Terrain Off road skateboard
- By: MBS
When you buy this off road skate board, it will be brought to you when it’s fully assembled. If you have been discouraged in the past to try out off-roading simply because you couldn’t get yourself the right longboard to fit you, then the time has come to give it one more try.
The MBS All-Terrain Off road skateboard will give you a new outlook on things simply by changing your entire experience. It keeps your center of gravity low enough for the ultimate off-roading and pushing. Don’t deny yourself the chance to get it right with the right tool at your disposal. It’s like they say, it’s better late than never. The large wheels offer added maneuverability as you move at high speeds.
- The wheels of this off road skate board are 100mm x 65mm.
- Its maple drop deck is stiff and 10ply.
8. Electric Skateboards – OFF ROAD MASTER
- By: Moorhaus
Some of us were born naturally attracted to situations that make our hearts race and the adrenaline pumping. The so-called dare devils and adrenaline junkies are the types of individuals who feel more alive when exposed to such situations.
The Moorhaus electric of-road skateboard is the best one for you if you happen to fall under any of those categories. For maximum speed, all you have to do is the power it up to a 1000 watts and you’ll find yourself almost flying off at a speed of 20+MPH. Get out of your, comfort zone and try it this off-road skate board for the time of your life.
- The off road skate board has a brushless motor that is the best in the market.
- It has a battery that is sealed lead acid.
7. MBS Colt 90X Mountain board
- By: MBS
If you are a beginner then pay attention. The MBS Colt 90X off-road Mountain skateboard has a V brake system, and five-star hubs. Since you are new to the off-roading world, it’s best that you pick an off-road skate board that projects high standards, right from its look down to its manufacture. This off-road skateboard has tires that are genuinely MBS 8 inch T1.
To ensure that your foot fits accordingly, this off road skate boards are made with F1 Velcro bindings that can be adjusted as desired. By now I’m sure you can see that you will be spending money on a very thoughtful product, not something that you will buy only to store it away. The MBS Colt 90X off-road Mountain skateboard also has a design that stands out and you can show off with.
- The MBS Colt 90X off-road Mountain skateboard is faster than the previous year’s version.
- Air loss from its tires has been reduced, by upgrading it’s the material of the tube to highly graded butyl rubber.
6. Atom 95X Mountain Off-road skate Board
- By: Atom Longboards
This Atom 95X Mountain Off-road skate Board is a great fit for most households. This is because it can be used for recreational purposes by everyone from the teenager to the adult. It the perfect choice since it can be shared and the price is pocket friendly.
This Atom 95X Mountain Off-road skate Board has a grip tape made of 46 grit aluminum oxide. Its suspension is orange bushing, the hubs are tri-spoke and the tires are diamond tread and 8 inches in size. The off road skate board can also be used on all terrains, further proving its worth as an economic buy.
- It has a V4 brake kit and an axle that is O.D.: 9.5mm.
- The bearing of this off road skate board is 9.5X22mm.
5. MBS Comp 95X Mountain board, 46″, Wood Grain Brown
- By: MBS
This is another off road skate board that I would ask beginners to pay attention to. The reason behind my statement is because as a beginner you will need to be on very high alert when it comes to matters of safety and comfort. The MBS Comp 95X Mountain board has a V5 MBS brake system that will definitely help reduce any level of risk you may come across in challenging terrain.
To ensure that you experience comfort at its maximum, the off road skateboard has dual density foams in its F5 ratchet bindings. The tires are 9 inches in size and are extra-large MBS T2 tires for enabling the longboard to handle different terrain.
- The deck of this off road skater board has asym and multi-camber.
- This off road skateboard has shock blocks.
4. Air wheel M3 Electric Longboard Skateboard
- By: Air wheel
This is the second electric off road skateboard that we have on our list today. This off-road skate board from air-wheel however has more features though that are quite impressive. For starters, you will be able to control your off road skate board using a remote that is wireless.
If you have a smart phone, you are in luck because you can also connect it to your smart phone app using Bluetooth. I would most likely recommend this off-road skater board to individuals who are tech savvy and like to keep up to date with the latest gadgets and such. The best part about it is that you don’t need to be experienced in longboarding, any one has the potential to immediately master how to use it.
- The off road skate board’s direction can be changed using the remote’s direction button.
- It comes in only two options, either black or multi-color.
3. Maverix USA Border X 800W Skateboard
- By: Maverix USA
The highest speed the Maverix USA Border X off road Skateboard can ride at is around 19 MPH. In only one charge, you will be able to ride for 7 to approximately 9 miles. This off road skateboard has a 3*12 Ah battery and its battery life can last until a distance of about 12 to 15 km.
I find that to be extremely reliable, since you won’t find yourself getting stranded and having to walk or get frustrated, depending on where you will be at the time. The off road skate boards remote has 3 different speeds. You will be able to use your off road skateboard whether you are in a dirt road, on sand, gravel and even on the beach.
- Your purchase will get you a 1 year warranty.
- This off road skate board uses up to 800w.
2. Moto Tec MT-SKT-1600 Dirt Electric Skateboard
- By: Moto Tec
The Moto Tec MT-SKT-1600 Electric off-road Skateboard has the highest capacity so far, when compared to all the electric off road skate boards that we have gone through today. This is evident from it having two motors, each with a capacity of approximately 800w. Having an overall combination of 1600w for its motor power is incredible.
That is what also contributes to it having an unbeatable speed of 18- 22 mph. Off course, all that depends on the weight of the person with the off road skate board at the time. So, if you consider yourself to be a speedster then look no further, Get yours today, and let the adventure begin.
- Its battery is 36V 14AH.
- It has excellent traction on dirt.
1. GT Power board – Black Anodized AluminumOff Road Electric Skateboard
- By: eGlide
The GT Power board off road skateboard has a 45-inch long Aluminum deck that is 11 inches wide. To enhance your stability when riding, it has a .75 drop that lowers you a bit closer to the ground. For those who constantly find themselves getting into trouble because of being unable to stop in time, this off road skate board has a braking system that is more powerful than the regular off road skateboard’s break.
On top of all that it also has a controlled RPM for riding downhill. If you have not yet fallen in love with this skate board already, then the final bonus point for you should be the fact that you will be able to ride at a speed of 0-23 MPH in 5 seconds.
- With this off road skate board, you will have a 15-mile range on SLA batteries.
- Its tires are Kenda pneumatic and low profile.
The GT Power board off road skateboard has been constructed with European electronics that are industrial grade. The company itself brags about having the best of the best when compared to all their global competitors. It is able to take its place as our top recommendation because of all these factors and the fact that its reliability and advancement is unquestionable.