Recently, camping in forests has become common. Most people prefer having their holidays in places far from their homes. Also, some prefer going for holidays in rural areas. In such places, firewood is the primary source of heat. Therefore, if you are planning to go to such places, a manual log splitter is essential equipment. It will help ease your wood splitting needs. However, people also consider doing the wood splitting at home on their own. It saves extra cost. Skip to the best Manual Log Splitter on Amazon.
- List Of 10 Best Manual Log Splitter Reviews:
- 10. Well-Built Horizontal Manual Hydraulic Log Splitter – Manual Log Splitter 10-Ton
- 9. Ytl International YTL23102 8-Ton Heavy-Duty Manually Operated Log Splitter
- 8. Champion 7-Ton Compact Horizontal Gas Log Splitter with Auto Return
- 7. ALEKO 4-Ton Electric Log Splitter Wood Splitter Logsplitter – Manual Log Splitters
- 6. WEN 56206 6-Ton Electric Log Splitter, Manual Log Splitters
- 5. Sun Joe LJ10M Logger Joe 10 Ton Hydraulic Log Splitter
- 4. Generac K10 Manual Log Splitter, 10-Ton Kinetic Electric Log Splitter – 50 State/CSA Compliant
- 3. Champion 25-Ton Horizontal/Vertical Full Beam Gas Log Splitter with Auto Return
- 2. Boss Industrial ED8T20 Electric Log Splitter, Manual Log Splitters 8-Ton
- 1. NorthStar Horizontal/Vertical Log Splitter – Manual Log Splitter 37-Ton, 270cc Honda GX270 Engine
- Which is The best Manual Log Splitter?
- Why Do We Need a Manual Log Splitter?
- Tips for Choosing Manual Log Splitter:
List Of 10 Best Manual Log Splitter Reviews:
10. Well-Built Horizontal Manual Hydraulic Log Splitter – Manual Log Splitter 10-Ton
- By: Well-Built Manual Log Splitters
The Well-Built Horizontal Manual Log splitter is easy to maneuver. The two wheels make it easy to move from one place to another. It splits logs quickly and correctly. The log cradle holds the split wood. It also keeps it in place to avoid falling to the ground. The pumps build up to 10 tones log-splitting pressure.
9. Ytl International YTL23102 8-Ton Heavy-Duty Manually Operated Log Splitter
- By: Vulcan Manual Log Splitters
Vulcan manual log splitter has a unique design that ensures smooth and efficient logs splitting. It has very lightweight hence you can split several logs before you get weary. The fact that its portable, it makes it convenient to use it too even far found logs. It is ideal for both indoors and outdoors uses.
8. Champion 7-Ton Compact Horizontal Gas Log Splitter with Auto Return
- By: Champion Power Equipment Manual Log Splitter
Log splitter by Champion Power Equipment has a smart low profile. The profile has a design that makes it easier to load more massive logs. The integrated log cradle keeps the wood in place. It has a skewed wedge that improves splitting efficiency. The log splitter has a compact design and comfortable handle for easy carrying. The never-flat tires make easier to move and store. The log splitter is capable of 180 cycles per hour.
7. ALEKO 4-Ton Electric Log Splitter Wood Splitter Logsplitter – Manual Log Splitters
- By: GudCraft Manual Log Splitter
Log splitter by GudCraft has steel construction. This material makes it durable for a long working life. It has 4 tons of splitting force. The motor runs on regular household current making it dependable. GudCraft log splitter splits a log up to 22 inches long and 15 inches diameter. In most woods, it is capable of splitting up to 25-inches.
6. WEN 56206 6-Ton Electric Log Splitter, Manual Log Splitters
- By: Wen Manual Log Splitters
Wen Log splitter is CSA approved. The built-in log cradle keeps the logs on track. It can split logs up to 10 inches diameter and 20.5 inches length. The two comfort grip handles make it easy to carry. The fume-free electric power allows for both indoors and outdoors usage. It has no problems with cold starts or gas shortages because it uses the household current.
5. Sun Joe LJ10M Logger Joe 10 Ton Hydraulic Log Splitter
- By: Snow Joe Manual Log Splitters
Snow Joe log splitter has a powerful hydraulic ram that builds up to 10 ton of driving force. The log cradle prevents the split wood from falling on the ground. It can split log up to 18 inches long by 8 inches wide. Snow Joe log splitter is durable.
4. Generac K10 Manual Log Splitter, 10-Ton Kinetic Electric Log Splitter – 50 State/CSA Compliant
- By: Generac Manual Log Splitters
A generic Log splitter is very simple to use. The few components in it make it hard to go wrong. It splits woods faster. It can break logs up to 16 inches long and up to 12-inch diameter. The flywheel spins at 490 rpm and stores energy from the electric motor.
3. Champion 25-Ton Horizontal/Vertical Full Beam Gas Log Splitter with Auto Return
- By: Champion Power Equipment Manual Log Splitters
Champion Power Equipment log splitter is very versatile. It converts from horizontal to vertical in seconds. This conversion allows you to handle massive logs with ease. It has a 25 tons splitting capacity. The champion Log splitter is portable. It is towable up to 45 mph and fits most ATV/UTV towing applications. The auto-return valve is capable of 300 cycles per hour. The 12- second cycle time makes the log splitter efficient.
2. Boss Industrial ED8T20 Electric Log Splitter, Manual Log Splitters 8-Ton
- By: Boss Industrial Manual Log Splitters
Electric Log splitter by Boss Industrial has 8 tons of force. It has a powerful 2 HP electric motor featuring easy push button start. The 3000 psi Hydraulic pressure is capable of splitting logs up to 20-inch length and 10.5-inch diameter.
- 160lbs net weight
- Cylinder bore of 2.5 inches [/su_spoiler]
1. NorthStar Horizontal/Vertical Log Splitter – Manual Log Splitter 37-Ton, 270cc Honda GX270 Engine
- By: NorthStar Manual Log Splitters
NorthStar log splitter has a reduced engine noise compared to other log splitters. The auto idle control extends engine life. The engine uses fuel efficiently. Hence it is cost-effective. The 37-ton splitting pressure ensures faster splitting within a short time. As its name suggests, it can convert logs from horizontal to vertical in seconds.
Which is The best Manual Log Splitter?
The best manual log splitter is easy to transport. It should make your splitting safer and quicker. Manual log splitter has less maintenance compared other gas wood splitters. Also, they are efficient and dependable. It should be portable and easy to move from one place to another.
Why Do We Need a Manual Log Splitter?
Manual log splitter comes with extra help from hydraulics. The additional support makes it great for people with injuries or older people. If you want up to 10 tons of splitting pressure, then manual log splitter is best for you. Also, if you’re going to break logs up to 18 inches long by 8 inches wide, manual log splitter does this correctly.
Tips for Choosing Manual Log Splitter:
If you want a quick splitting, consider going for a shorter cycle time. Especially if you will be dealing with a significant amount of wood, shorter cycle time would work correctly for you. However, electric log splitter has the shorter cycle time. The briefest cycle time is 2 seconds. But you can expect around 6-9 seconds with electric splitter type. Other types of log splitter can take up to 10 seconds. The specifications range widely in different models. Always read the specification list or enquire from the expert before purchasing.
The power of a manual log splitter is in tons. The size of wood tells what tons it will require for splitting. For example, 20 tons is for splitting small logs. But if you need to split larger woods you will need more than 20 tons. The type of wood also determines the amount of power you will require to cut. Harder woods will require more pressure to split thus more tonnages. On the other hand, softer woods such as pines would need less power. Therefore, you need to consider the power specifications depending on the size and type of woods you a likely to split in most cases.
You should go for a splitter with features that suits your needs. For instance, if you want a durable log splitter, then you should go for the one with steel construction. High grade of steel lasts longer. It is also good to go for a log splitter with adjustable height. Suitable height will reduce the risk of getting back injuries. If you want a long manual splitter that you can move around quickly, then choose the one with a ball hitch. The best long manual should have super features for efficient splitting.
Different manual log splitters come with varying needs of maintenance. There are those require sharpening, oiling or even cleaning. You should go for what you can maintain and ensure its efficiency throughout splitting. The best manual log splitter should have minimal maintenance costs. The lower the maintenance will save you extra costs and time.
Manual log splitters come in varied sizes. You need to consider the size regarding its weight and space it may need for storage. The size comes in also when you think of where you want to use it. There are those with portable size. With such portability, you can move it from one place to another. Mobile log splitters can be ideal for both indoors and outdoors use. The size of your log splitter can also tell you its capacity as well.
Different types of log splitters have various capacities. The capacity indicates how big and long a wood log the splitter can handle. Depending on the size of the log you would want to split, you can choose the right log split capacity.
Best log splitter on the market provides a 2-year limited warranty or more. Always consider going for a log splitter with a warranty. No warranty product should be a no-purchase. In some cases, you may find some manufacturer offering a free lifetime technical support. Such offers are worth considering as well.
Manual log splitters have become the best for wood splitting. There are many manual log splitters on the market. But getting the best manual log splitter can be a headache. It is, therefore, necessary to go through the guiding tips before purchasing one.
The above are the top 10 best manual log splitter on the market. We recommend you go for NorthStar Horizontal/Vertical Log Splitter – 37-Ton, 270cc Honda GX270 Engine. It has the most incredible features that suit your splitting needs. These are; reduced splitting noise, 37-ton splitting pressure, safe to use and ability to split logs faster.