Truth be told- playing ice hockey can never be without hockey skates. In addition, what may be your best choice may not be another’s favorite. Due to the different needs, preferences, and many options, finding a good pair of skates troubles many people.
Yes, it may be good for you as a beginner but will be unreliable once you become experienced. What will suit your child will be very different from what suits you. The most obvious thing is the size and weight capacity. You may also want a high-performance type but your budget doesn’t allow. These were but a few of the reasons why we decided to review the top 10 best hockey skates in 2018. Skip to the best Hockey Skates on Amazon.
- List of Top 10 Best Hockey Skates Review in 2018:
- 10. American Athletic Shoe Cougar Hockey Skates
- 9. Roller Derby WIZARD 400 Adjustable Skate – Hockey Skates
- 8. Lake Placid Summit Ice Skate – Hockey Skates
- 7. Bauer Supreme S150 Junior Ice Hockey Skates
- 6. CCM JR Jet speed FT340 Skate Best Hockey Skates
- 5. Tour Hockey HB-225 Hockey Skates
- 4. Bauer Youth Vapor X200 Skate – Hockey Skates
- 3. Bauer Senior Vapor X200 Skate – Hockey Skates
- 2. Tour Hockey FB-225 Hockey Skates – Best Hockey Skates
- 1. Bauer Senior Supreme 140 Skate – Best Hockey Skates
List of Top 10 Best Hockey Skates Review in 2018:
What are the best hockey skates?
10. American Athletic Shoe Cougar Hockey Skates
Available in black color, the Cougar hockey skates by American Athletic Shoe is among the most comfortable and easiest to wear. It’s perfect for beginners and intermediate users. It’s made from quality and soft synthetic for improved performance and comfort. The liner can be removed for cleaning and drying while the toecap can be adjusted.
- Easy to adjust sizing
- No tools are needed
- Comfortable and good fit
9. Roller Derby WIZARD 400 Adjustable Skate – Hockey Skates
The Roller Derby Wizard 400 is popular with kids and teens. The adjustable hockey skate can accommodate a growing user and comes with a reinforced ankle for maximum support. The accessory is made from tough materials to resist the harsh playing surface and features a sturdy stainless steel blade. For maximum comfort, the skate features an ultra smooth padding.
- Easy to adjust the sizing
- Good support and performance
- Nice looks and comfortable
8. Lake Placid Summit Ice Skate – Hockey Skates
This Black/White ice skate has a fit of up to 94% and is a good choice for beginners and mid-level players. The nice looking skate features a stainless steel blade for good performance and comes with a narrow design for improved performance. Adjusting the sizing is as easy as pushing a button while the locking buckle ensures the skates never leave your foot unless you choose to. The deluxe padding provides good warmth and comfort while the woven lining provides sturdiness.
- Warm and comfortable
- Adjusting the sizing is easy
- Waterproof sole
- Good fit
7. Bauer Supreme S150 Junior Ice Hockey Skates
With these skates, learning or playing ice hockey is much easier. It consists of 3D True form PU quarter, the hydrophobic microfiber liner, and a TPR outsole. Thanks to the simple and user-friendly design, the skates are easy to wear. They also come off easily without assistance. The thermo-molded skate keeps the wearer warm and comfortable while the superior technology ensures it has the best response.
- Very responsive action
- Good quality and long lasting
- Good size and weight
- Easy to wear
6. CCM JR Jet speed FT340 Skate Best Hockey Skates
The FT340 skate is perfect for learning how to play ice hockey or improving your skills. It’s mainly designed for young users or beginners and comes in a basic design. The nicely engineered skate will fit on most feet courtesy of the flexible design. It also provides good warmth even in the cold environment thanks to the smooth and warm lining. The robust stainless steel blade offers good support and is very responsive. Just like wearing, taking off the pair is easy.
- Comfortable and colorful
- Well made and good pricing
- Good performance
5. Tour Hockey HB-225 Hockey Skates
If you are looking for a highly responsive hockey skate, then look no further than the Tour Hockey HB-225. It’s designed for high performance and maximum comfort and is suitable for adults. The nice looking shoe comes with a sturdy aluminum power Tri-Coil system frame for good support and stability and Bevo silver-5 bearing for fast speeds and smooth takeoff. The composite reinforced ankle support keeps you well grounded while the deluxe padding delivers the desired comfort. The skate features a Quick-dry lining for easy maintenance.
- Comfortable deluxe padding
- Quick-dry lining
- Keeps you cool in demanding situation
4. Bauer Youth Vapor X200 Skate – Hockey Skates
Young people will find the Vapor X200 skates by Bauer suitable for learning or improving their skill. Although it may feel lightweight, this accessory is very sturdy and can put up with the demands. It comes in a trendy design to suit young wearers and is also colorful thanks to the Black/Silver color. The flexible design makes wearing easy and simple while the soft interior enhances comfort. It cleans easily and also dries pretty fast.
- Well made and good quality
- Good comfort
- Durable and long lasting
3. Bauer Senior Vapor X200 Skate – Hockey Skates
The Bauer Senior Vapor X200 Skate comes in Black/Silver color and ranks among the agilest shoes on the market. They are popular with beginners and advanced users and offer high-speed performance thanks to their solid nature and advanced engineering. They feature a tapered design for better aerodynamics, comfortable microfiber lining, and a robust TPR outsole. The high-quality nylon quarter offers good protection and will last for a long time.
- Good quality
- Very comfortable
2. Tour Hockey FB-225 Hockey Skates – Best Hockey Skates
Boasting of a composite reinforced ankle and boot support, the Tour Hockey FB-225 will offer the best support and balance. They come in a modern styling courtesy of the superior design. The aluminum tri-coil system frame together with the superior Bevo Silver -5 bearing are aimed at maximum performance and speed while ensuring you are safe. And for extra comfort and earth, the skates come with quality padding. The Quick-dry lining ensures your feet remain dry more often than not.
- Nice looking and elegant
- Good performance and long lasting
- Feels solid
1. Bauer Senior Supreme 140 Skate – Best Hockey Skates
Many people admit the Senior Supreme 140 skates by Bauer are among the most stylish in the market. They also rank top when it comes to quality construction, good balance, and sturdiness. The skates feature a premium nylon quarter for strength and good support while the Microfiber lining provides comfort. It comes with a TUUK stainless steel runner for optimum performance and longevity while the TPR outsole offers good protection. The black skates are loved for their fast speed and high performance.
- Compact and lightweight
- Good quality and inexpensive
- Good support and balance
- Best Hockey Skates
Important Considerations to The Best Hockey Skates
To pick out the very best, we had to focus on the following things:
- Design: It had to come in a user-friendly and ergonomic design. The right one makes playing easy, is aerodynamic for fast speeds, and offers maximum support.
- Quality: The pair of skates is made from quality materials and features top engineering. This guarantees you of good performance, quick learning, and longevity.
- Comfort: It makes you feel comfortable while playing and doesn’t encourage excess sweating, feel too tight or stiff. Good choices some with a smooth inner lining, aren’t too stiff or too soft and are have good breathability.
- Fit: Wearing and removal were easy and convenient. You can do it on your own without requiring a helping hand or spend too much time.
- Durability: We also looked at the longevity of the skates. The best will be sturdy, well built, and can tolerate regular use.
- Weight: A good pair of hockey skates will not feel too heavy or too light, as this will affect performance. Usually, they will be rated according to player’s age or size.
Other things that you need to focus on when playing to purchase include size, skill level, playing style, depth, and budget.
It’s critical to choose the right hockey skates whether a beginner or a seasoned player. Failure to which may affect your performance or learning curve. You also are likely to slip, fall, and be injured. In the above review, we have briefly examined the top 10 best hockey skates in 2018 and showed you how we went about the selection.
Each of the above shoes is well built for frequent play, will serve you for a long time, feels comfortable and is easy to put on and remove. Additionally, they come with the right fit, are easy to maintain, and come in the right size and weight, and are also affordable. You are thus assured of the best experience.