Seems like yesterday when you were nursing your “bundle of joy.” Now 9 years old, you little boy is starting to behave like a man. Being inquisitive and demanding to get bigger toys. Like many others, he probably is into animated figures, heroes and villains, fast racing cars, techy stuff and other “boyish stuff.”
As a parent, guardian, uncle, or auntie, you wouldn’t want to disappoint him when it came to gifting him a toy. I mean, why would you give him a toy that is meant for a 5 or 6-year-old? Or why would you hand him a gift that belongs in the 10th century yet we are heading to the 21st century? Like other people, you are possibly wondering which toy best suits your young man. Well, read on to discover the best birthday & Christmas gifts ideas for 9-year-old boys.
- Top 9 Best Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas for 9-Year-Old Boys:
- 9. Anki Overdrive Starter Kit, Best Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas
- 8. Little Bits Electronics Gadgets & Gizmos Kit, Best Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas
- 7. Spin Master Perplexus Maze Game, Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas
- 6. WowWee Robosapien X – Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas
- 5. Flybar Foam Master Pogo Stick – Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas
- 4. WebRc XDrone Spy, Best Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas
- 3. K’NEX Hyperspeed Hangtime Roller Coaster Building Set, Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas
- 2. Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter – Best Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas
- 1. Air Hogs Red RC FireWing Flying Bird, Best Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas
- Which Categories Are Best For 9 Year Old Boys?
- What gifts are fit for a 9-year-old?
- How can I identify my Child’s need?
- How much should I splurge on a gift?
Top 9 Best Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas for 9-Year-Old Boys:
Which Is The Best Gift For a 9-Year Old Boy?
9. Anki Overdrive Starter Kit, Best Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas
- Anki Overdrive Starter Kit Cool Birthday & Christmas Gifts Idea for 9-Year-Old Boys
With this starter kit by Anki, your little man will feel in full control of the battle car. Designed for the growing and creative mind, this AI controlled vehicle is very responsive and comes with many options for extra fun and agility. Your boy will be able to come up with as many as 8 battlefields within seconds and can control the movements via your mobile device.
When not battling against his friends or in this case enemy, he may choose to race on the track. For added excitement, the tracks can be expanded to accommodate more players. The starter kit is compatible with most mobile devices and the cars can be swapped out easily.
8. Little Bits Electronics Gadgets & Gizmos Kit, Best Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas
- Little Bits Electronics Gadgets & Gizmos Ki Cool Birthday & Christmas Gifts Idea for 9-Year-Old Boys
If your 9-year old boy is into building stuff and creativity, then this mounting board should be a perfect gift. Coming in a newly-improved design, it features 15 electronic building blocks that help in your child’s creativity. The included step-by-step instructions make using it simple and easy even for a first-time player.
Your young man can come up with up to 12 projects and also share them with others. He may use the techy board to create a circuit, change it at will, or incorporate other things. In the end, his cognitive, math, and scientific skill will be improving.
7. Spin Master Perplexus Maze Game, Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas
- Spin Master Perplexus Maze Game Cool Birthday & Christmas Gifts Idea for 9-Year-Old Boys
If you want to enhance your child’s creativity while still making sure he is having fun, then this maze game is what suits him best. The Original Perplexus comes in a challenging 3D Labyrinth that will see boys trying to get through the maze. Inside the sphere is a 22 ft track that comprises of up to 100 challenges.
The young lad will need lots of mind control and to adorn his “creative gear” to come up with the best solution that will get him through the labyrinth. Although challenging, your child should do just fine, don’t you think?
6. WowWee Robosapien X – Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas
- WowWee Robosapien X Cool Birthday & Christmas Gifts Idea for 9-Year-Old Boys
Are you aware that this cool looking robot was designed by a NASA scientist? Not only is it one of the cutest and smartest toys around, but is also very interactive. It will do lots of things that will keep you boy and his friends quite entertained. This is why it ranks as one of the best birthday & Christmas gifts ideas for 9-year-old boys in 2017.
The 14-inch tall robot occupies minimal space and is also easy to carry around. It can be operated via an iOS or Android device and is very responsive to the commands. Thanks to its exciting moves and realistic mature, you probably will find yourself participating in the fun. And to prevent damage or malfunctioning, it’s built from a tough material to tolerate rough handling. We know boys!
5. Flybar Foam Master Pogo Stick – Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas
- Flybar Foam Master Pogo Stick Cool Birthday & Christmas Gifts Idea for 9-Year-Old Boys
Remember how you used to get excited when you got to ride on a pogo stick? I bet your 9-year old will be more excited with this pogo stick from Flybar. It’s more advanced and exciting than what you were used to and will keep your kid by hopping up and down. And if looking for an even better experience, he’ll probably have his friends join in the fun.
Other than spreading the cheer especially during the Christmas period, the pogo stick is perfect for socializing and interacting with the friends, neighbors, nieces, and nephews. You shouldn’t worry about your child’s safety as it has been tested and proven to be quite strong and safe for 9-year-olds.
4. WebRc XDrone Spy, Best Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas
- WebRc XDrone Spy Cool Birthday & Christmas Gifts Idea for 9-Year-Old Boys
We may not admit it, but drones are a big thing even for adults. In fact, am pretty certain that many adults wouldn’t mind fooling around with the WebRc XDrone Spy. It’s among the most responsive in the market and also very easy to operate. With a little practice, your young man will have it flying around in no time.
The sturdily-built quadcopter is fit for use indoors and also outdoors. It comes with powerful and silent motors for a smooth operation, a built-in video camera for capturing the images, and is controlled via a 2.4 GHz remote control. Thanks to the multi-sensor technology, taking off and landing is a breeze.
3. K’NEX Hyperspeed Hangtime Roller Coaster Building Set, Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas
- K’NEX Hyperspeed Hangtime Roller Coaster Cool Building Set Birthday & Christmas Gifts Idea for 9-Year-Old Boys
Help improve your kid’s creativity with the K’NEX Hyperspeed Hangtime Roller Coaster Building Set. Designed for kids aged at least 9 years, this building set consists of 840 pieces that offer endless opportunities. It also features classic fluorescent rods for more fun. The glow-in-the-dark track looks pretty awesome in the dark while there is also the option of constructing another roller coaster model.
When complete, the model will be higher than 3 feet and will definitely stand out in the room especially in a dimly-lit environment. It’s a good gift idea for parents and guardians who which to develop their child’s creativity as well as social interaction. Maybe this is your boy’s stepping stone to being the next great architect. You never know.
2. Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter – Best Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas
- Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter Cool Birthday & Christmas Gifts Idea for 9-Year-Old Boys
Any 9-year old will love this gift, especially for Christmas. Firstly, it’s one of the easiest and child-friendly scooters on the market. Secondly, it is very versatile and can be used on different terrains. Thirdly, it’s well-built and safe even for the 9-year old boys. Fourthly, it looks very cool and trendy, and your son or nephew will be the coolest kid on the block.
Assembling this piece is pretty simple and only requires a few minutes and basic tools. The assembly itself is a good way of encouraging your child to be more creative as well as helps in the bonding process. Nonetheless, you should ensure your child wears a helmet when riding the 3-wheeled scooter.
1. Air Hogs Red RC FireWing Flying Bird, Best Christmas Gifts Ideas & Birthday Gifts Ideas
- Air Hogs Red RC FireWing Flying Cool Bird Birthday & Christmas Gifts Idea for 9-Year-Old Boys
The Red RC FireWing Flying Bird will test your child’s flying skills. It’s among the best flying machines for 9-year-old boys and is very sturdy. The stylish unit may prove a little challenging at first but once your child masters the controls, he’ll soon be a pro.
The durable foam body and carbon fiber frame help to prevent damage when it falls or bumps against other objects whereas the 2.4 GHz communication provides a good range of the ultimate fun. With the Air Hogs RC FireWing, your child may be on his way to becoming the next big-time pilot or jetfighter pilot.
Which Categories Are Best For 9 Year Old Boys?
9-year-old boys are super curious and are still developing. Their personal desires will not only vary from time to time but are also quite broad. At one point, he may wish for a fast racing car, while in the next he will be begging you for a musical instrument. Generally, the following are the main categories:
- Technology: 9-year-old boys are into techy stuff. They’ll want an RC copter, drones, computer games, game consoles, gadgets, remote-controlled cars and more.
- Games: Boys aged 9 years will want to have a game at hand. Common options include automobile, computer, indoor, outdoor, educational board, card and many others.
- Music: Although not very common, there are still some who are into music. They will want headphones, wireless speakers, music collections, instruments like flutes or pianos and more.
- Sports: Don’t be surprised that your 9-year-old wants athletic shoes, baseball bats, ice hockey skates, soccer cleats, a football, or a sports jersey from his favorite team or player.
- Arts and Crafts: If you desire to improve your child’s creativity, then you should think about drawing pencils, sketchbooks, watercolors, crayons, construction or craft sets.
What gifts are fit for a 9-year-old?
9-year-old boys are still developing and at the same time very curious. You should, therefore, look for toys that will help nurture their interests, improve their creativity, and improve the socialization skills as well as cognitive abilities. Also, don’t forget to ensure your child is having fun while at it. I mean. “All play without work makes Jack a dull boy” right!
How can I identify my Child’s need?
As a parent or guardian, it’s paramount to first recognize your kids need. Why would you buy soccer cleats or a baseball bat to a child who’s least interested in outdoor sports? Or why gift your child a musical instrument when you all along know that he is into techy stuff and is always staring at the skies as the planes, helicopters, and drones fly past? Spending time with your child helps to learn about his likes, interests, dislikes. It also allows you to identify an ability or talent.
How much should I splurge on a gift?
It feels nice to see your 9-year-old boy excited and jumping up and down as he opens the gift. However, you shouldn’t forget that it may only take a few minutes for him to kick the toy out of anger. Maybe it’s not responding to his control or is looking for a place to channel his anger. Why should you purchase an expensive gift that is likely going to be damaged within a few days or weeks? Why risk defaulting on your mortgage payments, bills, loans, or shopping because you spent too much? Always stick to the budget and never fall into the emotional or “cat-eye” trap.