We all need to get our cars serviced on a regular basis. To prevent our engines from getting damaged, we need to use car oil filters No one likes paying for expensive engine repairs. That is why getting one of the best car oil filters will work to your advantage. They are one of the best preventive measures you could take. The oil filter is basically the primary form of defense to your engine’s crankshaft and cam bearings.
No contaminants should be allowed to reach your engine. If this happens, your cylinder wall surfaces, bearing, and the journal will all be in trouble. The best car oil filters trap all the unwanted entrants. They are a must-have for anyone one who owns a car.
- List of Top 10 Best Car Oil Filters in 2018 Reviews:
- Factors to consider when buying car oil filters:
- 10. FRAM HM4967 High Mileage Oil Filter
- 9. ACDelco PF47E Professional Engine Oil Filter
- 8. Subaru 15208AA12A Car Oil Filters
- 7. Purolator PL14612 Purolator ONE Car Oil Filters
- 6. FRAM PH2 Extra Guard Passenger Car Spin-On Car Oil Filter
- 5. Bosch 3330 Premium FILTECH Car Oil Filter
- 4. FRAM XG7317 Ultra Synthetic Spin-On Oil Filter with Sure Grip
- 3. Mann-Filter HU 816 X Metal-Free Oil Filter
- 2. Motor craft FL820S Silicone Valve Oil Filter
- 1. Mobil 1 M1-110 Extended Performance Oil Filter
- Buyer’s Guide:
List of Top 10 Best Car Oil Filters in 2018 Reviews:
Factors to consider when buying car oil filters:
The size of the oil filter: A car oil filter should properly fit your car, for it to be efficient. When you get one that is too big or too small, there may end up being consequences such as leaking.
Features: some oil filters have features which make them more effective. For example, not all of them have an anti-drain back barrier.
Manufacturer’s recommend filter: This is the car oil filter you should select, especially if the vehicle is still under warranty.
10. FRAM HM4967 High Mileage Oil Filter
- By: FRAM Car Oil Filters
If you use high mileage motor oil, this car oil filter will be a good fit for you. It is excellent for vehicles with 75000 miles or more. It has been engineered to offer continued protection. The filter is able to keep your engine cleaner. It does so by neutralizing acids, reduce corrosive wear and maintain viscosity. All this is made possible by compounds and proprietary detergents contained in the FRAM High Mileage filter cartridge.
I would mostly recommend this to drivers who have older vehicles. If you still wish to keep it running for some time, this should be your go-to car oil filter.
- The car oil filter has a SureGrip anti-slip texture.
- Changing the filters is quick and easy.
9. ACDelco PF47E Professional Engine Oil Filter
- By: ACDelco
When you compare the ACDelco car oil filter to others, you’ll find that it’s 20-25% smaller in size. Don’t let its compactness fool you! It surpasses most of them when it comes filtration media for greater capacity. It even has the capability of flow improvement. This is thanks to the open area, which is 10 times more.
The car oil filter has a threaded plate assembly and a steel shell. It also has a leaf string which along with the three mentioned, can all be recycled. In order to reduce the installation torque, it also has a lubricity gasket.
- The filter has a non-metallic cartridge.
- The cartridge can be used as an energy source.
8. Subaru 15208AA12A Car Oil Filters
- By: Subaru Car Oil Filter
You can be sure that you are not being offered an aftermarket part with this purchase. This Subaru car oil filter is of the finest quality. In fact, the filter is even a genuine OEM factory part. This is not one of those purchases that you are going to regret. You can rest easy that it will be an exact fit. Furthermore, it will provide you with a great performance for the foreseeable future. The other side of the filter also comes with a rubber gasket.
- The car oil filter comes with a service manual.
- The filter is quite affordable.
7. Purolator PL14612 Purolator ONE Car Oil Filters
- By: Purolator Car Oil Filter
Using this Purolator PL14612 filter ensures that your engine life is optimized for up to 10,000miles. You will note how the performance of your engine will now be at its peak, once you buy it. The company boasts at how the dirt removal power will now be at 99%. That is the difference you get when you compare this car oil filter to the rest. You can’t deny that it is at an advanced level from its competitors.
The filter media used is a high-density synthetic blend. Metal end caps which are wear resistant were also used. Whether it’s meant for applications which are domestic or import, Purolator is the way to go. You can rest easy in knowing that between oil changes, this car oil filter will maintain its filtering capabilities.
- The gasket is PTFE coated.
- It is also long-lasting.
6. FRAM PH2 Extra Guard Passenger Car Spin-On Car Oil Filter
- By: Fram Car Oil Filters
Fram engineered this car oil filter to be compatible with conventional oil. If you are an everyday driver, you should seriously consider getting one. This oil filter is excellent for vehicles which get frequent maintenance performed on them. Most drivers identify with it as their ideal option. It is well balanced such that it effectively traps dirt and holds dirt impeccably. In fact, this car oil filter can trap dirt with 95% efficiency.
You are guaranteed of great engine protection, with the FRAM Extra Guard oil filters. This is because the proprietary filter media is created thanks to a special blend of resin and fibers. Its removal and installation will be easy because of a slip-resistant finish. This is provided for by its Sure Grip coating.
- The sealing gasket is internally lubricated.
- For vehicles which are routinely maintained every vehicle every 3,000-5,000 miles.
5. Bosch 3330 Premium FILTECH Car Oil Filter
- By: Bosch
The Bosch 3330 car oil filter was made using FILTECH media technology. Because of this, the engine protection available is unrivaled. The exclusive technology used, is able to screen out contaminants which are harmful. You won’t experience problems such as warpage or poor fitting. To add on to that this oil filter won’t even leak. This is because both the housing and base plates are made of strong steel.
Whenever you start your car, there will always be a supply of clean oil. The Silicone anti-drain back valve is responsible for this function.
- The high lubricity gasket provides a tight seal.
- The canister is leak free.
4. FRAM XG7317 Ultra Synthetic Spin-On Oil Filter with Sure Grip
- By: Fram
Fram has re-tested and proven this ultra-synthetic car oil filter for up to 20,000 miles. This guarantees you that you are getting value for your money. So if you use synthetic oil, the FRAM XG7317 is definitely a good choice. To ensure optimum oil flow and uniform pleating, a metal screen backs the Synthetic blend media. This also plays a large role in terms of its durability. The filter has an anti-drain back valve which is made of silicone and is long-life.
- It has a slip-resistant texture.
- The filter is easy to change.
3. Mann-Filter HU 816 X Metal-Free Oil Filter
- By: Mann Filter
You’ll be impressed by this filter’s separation efficiency since it is consistently high. It has a high filter surface area, in which it filters elements. I was also impressed by its outstanding dirt holding capacity. When it’s operational, the complete filter surface area is always effective. This can be attributed to the pleat structuring it was designed with.
The car oil filter elements do not contain any metal whatsoever. All of them are made from a single material. When you dispose of them in a thermal process, they will not create any ash.
- The replacement process will not take long.
- Wrench removal tools will be required for replacements.
2. Motor craft FL820S Silicone Valve Oil Filter
- By: Motor craft
The Motor craft FL820S screen any abrasives that may lead to engine wear. A few examples include carbon, sand, dust, and bits of metal. The risk of contaminated oil, getting circulated back into the engine is minimal. All this is possible because of the filter’s pressure-relief valves.
When the conditions are extremely cold, the valves also maintain the engine’s oil supply. They also play the same role whenever the filter clogs. The “ironed” steel cases ensure a great fit and are painted for rust resistance.
- The cases are easy to remove because they have been fluted.
- The filter media is very efficient.
1. Mobil 1 M1-110 Extended Performance Oil Filter
- By: Mobil 1
For those seeking advanced synthetic fiber blend media, this is a great choice. This car oil filter has a Multi-Pass Efficiency Rating of 99.6%. No contaminants will stand in your way. I would also recommend this to anyone who wants life-long performance. It is what you need for longer drain intervals. What makes this filter popular is its 28-gram capacity. Compared to other filters, it has the capability to hold twice the contaminants.
Even when it comes to operating pressure, this filter is able to withstand 9 times more pressure than normal. The kind of protection you will get is exceptional and is up to 615 Pascals per square inch. Your car won’t ever dry start; this is because during shutdown all internal leakage is eliminated. This is thanks to the filter’s silicone anti-drain back valve.
- You will get ultimate protection.
- With this filter, you can go between 5000 and 10000 miles between oil changes.
Having a smooth engine operation is something that all car owners desire. Choosing one of the top 10 best car filters in 2018 will see you reach that goal. All in all, make sure to check your oil filters as often as possible and change them when the appropriate time comes. We highly recommend the Mobil 1 M1-110 Extended Performance Oil Filter. This is the best brand on the market.