Battery failures are the worst! Keeping track of your battery capacity is important in order to avoid such. That is why we are going to review the top 10 battery load testers in 2018. In the review, we are going to check out battery load testers for automotive and those that also deal with general electrical problems. We shouldn’t wait until we are stranded to start thinking about our battery’s condition.
Aside from useful life and capacity, battery testing also enables us to know what it will cost to replace them. Battery load testing is the best option if you need complete accuracy and minimum room for error. Knowing a battery’s charge is important, but being aware of any malfunctions will give you an upper hand. You will know what to expect and be better prepared in case of an emergency.
- List of Best Battery Load Tester in 2018 Reviews:
- Factors to consider when buying a battery load tester:
- 10. OTC 3181 130 Amp Heavy-Duty Battery Load Tester
- 9. ANCEL BA101 Professional 12V 100-2000 CCA 220AH Best Battery Load Tester
- 8. NOCO BTE181 100 Amp Battery Load Tester
- 7. MOTOPOWER MP0514A 12V Digital Battery Load Tester
- 6. DMiotech Digital Multimeter Best Battery Load Testers
- 5. FOXWELL Best Battery Load Tester
- 4. SOLAR Battery Load Tester – Cold Cranking Amps Electronic Battery Tester
- 3. Schumacher BT-100 100 Amp Battery Load Tester
- 2. Amprobe BAT-250 Battery Tester
- 1. Amprobe BAT-200 Best Battery Load Tester
- Buyer’s guide:
List of Best Battery Load Tester in 2018 Reviews:
Factors to consider when buying a battery load tester:
The kind of battery: It’s important that you get the right kind of battery tester for the right kind of battery. Otherwise, it defeats the purpose. You may end up not able to use it if you are not keen.
Purpose: some battery load testers can perform a variety of functions. It is important to know what purposes you intend to use it for, before settling for one.
Ease of operation: Ensure that the battery load tester you buy won’t give you a hard time. Make sure it is easy for you to understand and use.
10. OTC 3181 130 Amp Heavy-Duty Battery Load Tester
- By: OTC Battery Load Testers
Ergonomics are important, regardless of the product we are using. It is something that should not be neglected, in order for us to experience comfort. This battery load tester is ergonomic and happens to be heavy duty. This is the go-to solution if you want results which are reliable and accurate. The best thing about it is that it will only take you 10 seconds to achieve. Speed and accuracy are benefits that put it ahead of the competition.
What made me take note of this battery load tester were its clamps. They are uniquely designed and will provide you with a positive grip. The battery tester also comes with a display which is extra-large. This makes it easy to make out the information it provides. If storage space is an issue, you won’t have to deal with that anymore. You can store it in a toolbox or wall using its back brackets. If you prefer on-tool clamp storage, the battery load tester has side tabs.
- It will work with both 6V and 12V batteries.
- It has zero adjust.
9. ANCEL BA101 Professional 12V 100-2000 CCA 220AH Best Battery Load Tester
- By: ANCEL Battery Load Testers
Regardless of what automotive you have, the ANCEL BA101 battery load tester will deliver. It is the kind of unit that can be used by both beginners and professionals. You can be confident in this purchase, since it has met standards set by the JIS, EN, DIN, SAE, CCA, BCI, GB, CA, MCA, and IEC. Having a test range that is wider than those of his competitors, is part of its strong points. Evidently, you will also find that it is more accurate as well.
When you buy this battery load tester, you will be able to analyze a battery’s: voltage, charge, cranking power, and remaining lifespan. You will be glad to know that it also comes with a vehicle charging system test. Included, will also be the load voltage, unloaded voltage, charging system status and ripple status.
- It has a 100-2000 CCA test range.
- The battery load tester does not require any internal batteries to function.
8. NOCO BTE181 100 Amp Battery Load Tester
- By: NOCO Battery Load Testers
Noco offers a battery load tester which is very versatile. The kind of batteries that can be used with it include; maintenance- free EFB, AGM, wet and gel batteries. As far voltage goes, you can freely use these 6v lead acid batteries and those which are 12v as well. It definitely comes in handy when trying to distinguish if a battery is good, weak or bad. For added convenience, the load tester also has a few built-in functions. They include; testing the charging system, starter motor performance, and engine cranking ability.
- The battery load tester will take 10 seconds.
- The load tester is 100Amp.
7. MOTOPOWER MP0514A 12V Digital Battery Load Tester
- By: Motor power Battery Load Testers
Moto power is the best unit to have nearby, whenever a car battery needs a jump or replacing. This battery load tester happens to be Microprocessor controlled. When you buy it, you will get over-voltage protection and reverse hook-up. This is what makes this tester safe to use. Its simplicity in operation is also part of its appeal.
To make you aware of the battery or alternator status, the battery load tester has LED lights. Reading it is easy since it has a four-character lighted digital display. This makes it easier for you to take accurate readings. The battery load tester comes with a black Rubber Paint Housing.
- The tester comes with 30Amp Alligator Clamps.
- Battery Load Tester is compatible with all kinds of 12V batteries.
6. DMiotech Digital Multimeter Best Battery Load Testers
- By: uxcell Battery Load Testers
This serves as another load tester which is highly multi-functional. When you buy it, you will be able to conquer all the electrical problems in your household and those related to automotive. This battery load tester also comes with 42 Strands Copper Wire Test Leads (20A). Basically, you will have a Compact Size DMM with Battery Load Function. With it, you will be able to measure dc current, ac / dc voltage, resistance, continuity, diode, transistor hFE and others.
- The load tester has an Auto Power off & Data Hold function.
- Battery Load Tester has been CE certified.
5. FOXWELL Best Battery Load Tester
- By: Foxwell Battery Load Testers
With Foxwell, you will be able to check the actual cold cranking capability of a battery and its aging status as well. Battery Load Tester is a great way of determining bad cells. This works with deep cycle batteries, most 12V-24 V regular flooded, AGM flat-plate, AGM spiral and gel. It is exactly what you need to become knowledgeable about hidden dangers.
- Battery Load Tester supports alternator charging system tester.
- The tester is very accurate.
4. SOLAR Battery Load Tester – Cold Cranking Amps Electronic Battery Tester
- By: Clore Automotive Battery Load Testers
You will be easily made aware of the battery or system you are testing passes or fails. This is because of the LED indication feature of the battery load tester. As if that was not convenient enough, after the testing you will get a derived reading as well. The battery types it can test are conventional, AGM, gel cell, spiral wound, and deep cycle.
- Its operating range is 7-15 volts
- The tester has an LED display.
3. Schumacher BT-100 100 Amp Battery Load Tester
- By: Schumacher Battery Load Testers
The Schumacher BT-100 100 battery load tester is great for conducting a charging system diagnosis. Battery Load Tester is performance is good and it can also be used to test other things as well. You will easily be able to check your battery condition and test the starter motor draw. This is basically one of the most affordable options that you will get in the market today.
- The battery load tester has a rubber insulated carry handle.
- It comes in a sturdy steel case housing.
2. Amprobe BAT-250 Battery Tester
- By: Amprobe Battery Load Testers
I found it interesting that this battery load tester has been color coded. This is part of its charm, which makes it as user-friendly as possible. The color labeled indicators are; “Good”, “Low” and “Replace/Recharge”. The tester has been designed to contour to your hand. Such a shape makes it comfortable for you to take measurements. When testing, the batteries will be securely positioned. The battery load tester has a side cradle which makes that possible.
- It has quality 9v contacts.
- The display can be adjusted for legibility.
1. Amprobe BAT-200 Best Battery Load Tester
- By: Amprobe Battery Load Testers
Much like the previous battery load tester from Amprobe, this one also has a color-coded calibrated scale. If you often deal with standard and rechargeable batteries, this battery tester is a great fit for you. Battery Load Tester will give you the easiest time in determining the remaining amount of charge. You will get it in a black color, with a very compact design. The batteries that can be used on it are 9V, AA, AAA, C, D and 1.5V Button Type.
- The battery load tester doesn’t require any batteries to operate.
- It also comes with a user’s manual.
We have finally come to the end of our review. The top 10 battery load testers, in 2018 have been selected to cater to different people’s needs. From price all the way to the different types of functions they incorporate. We have narrowed them down, to make it easier for you to get your perfect match.