We can’t deny the enjoyment that comes with taking a swim during the hot sunny days. Some do so just enjoy themselves and relax by the poolside; others will swim for recreational purposes, while there are those who love hosting a poolside party once in a while. Unfortunately, there are times when the pool isn’t very inviting. This is due to
This is due to presence of leaves, dirt, pin needles, dust, algae and other debris. Although manually cleaning the pool will work, it may at times be cumbersome, laborious and requires lots of time. A better approach is using pool vacuums that require minimal human intervention. But before purchasing any product, its always advisable to first read top 10 best pool vacuum in 2017 reviews.
- Pre-purchase Consideration to Consider in a Vacuum:
- Top 10 Best Pool Vacuum in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
- 10. Zodiac, BARACUDA G3 W03000
- 9. Kokido, Final Wave Inground Pool Cleaner
- 8. Baracuda, Kontiki 2 Pool Cleaner
- 7. XtremepowerUS, Generic Zodiac Baracuda Pool Cleaner
- 6. Dolphin Escape, Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner
- 5. Aquabot Spirit, Pool Cleaner Pool Cleaner
- 4. Aquabot, Elite In-ground Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 3. Zodiac, MX6 Automatic In-ground Pool Cleaner
- 2. Intex, Automatic Pool Cleaner
- 1. Water Tech, Pool Blaster Catfish Li Pool & Spa Cleaner
Pre-purchase Consideration to Consider in a Vacuum:
Top 10 Best Pool Vacuum in 2017 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
10. Zodiac, BARACUDA G3 W03000
- By: Zodiac
Coming with advanced suction side and additional diaphragm, the BARACUDA G3 W0300 is designed for in-ground pools. It features a flexible 36 ft hose, finned disc and will work on fiberglass, vinyl, gunite and tile surfaces. Although powerful, this unit is fairly-silent and offers optimum efficiency courtesy of the advanced features. The anti-stick design ensures the unit doesn’t stick on one spot for too long. To regulate water flow, it comes with FlowKeeper Valve that automatically adjusts the pressure even in low horsepower pumps.
- Powerful performance even in low power pumps
- Very silent even when working under high pressure
- Durable courtesy of long-lasting diaphragm and fewer moving parts
- Not suitable for above-ground pools
- The hose is a bit short and this limits operation in large pools
9. Kokido, Final Wave Inground Pool Cleaner
- By: Kokido
Cleaning your swimming pool is a breeze with the Kokido Final wave cleaner. It’s designed for in-ground pools and is effective on gunite, fiberglass and vinyl. The lightweight unit features a 39-ft hose and requires to be connected to a pump of not less than 75 horsepower. It will quickly clean walls, floors and features finned discs for climbing on main drains, steps and lights. It comes with an easy-to-assemble design and has only one moving part.
- Fast cleaning thanks to lightweight suction and non-stick design
- Works on different surfaces including steps, walls and floors
- Not suited for above- ground pools and is best used for in-ground pools
- Not designed for pumps of less than 75 horsepower. Connecting it to such pumps not only undermines performance but may damage it in the long run
- Some users claim that it tends to stick around corners which affect the speed
8. Baracuda, Kontiki 2 Pool Cleaner
- By: Baracuda
Cleaning your pool is easier with the Kontiki 2 pool cleaner from barracuda. It’s designed to work on above-ground pools made from gunite, fiberglass, and tiles or vinyl. It features a 30-foot hose and works automatically. It is relatively-light, compact and doesn’t require any special tools to assemble it. The unit comes with suction side cleaners that take advantage of the already-existing suction from the pool’s filter and pumps.
- This automatic cleaner is light but delivers decent suction thanks to the suction side design
- hooking up the unit takes a short tome since no special tools are required
- Durable due to fewer moving pats and comes with a 90-day warranty
- The pool cleaner is not very effective on in-ground pools since it’s designed for above ground pools
- Consumers complain that the 30-foot hose is relatively short and affects performance
- The cleaner isn’t suitable for inflatable, intex, pop-up style pools
7. XtremepowerUS, Generic Zodiac Baracuda Pool Cleaner
- By: XtremepowerUS
This automatic pool cleaner vacuum works on both in-ground and above-ground pools. It is connected to the existing pump and filters system and will eliminate dirt, algae, dust and other debris. The unit is affected on concrete, vinyl, fiberglass and tiles and is fit for any depth or shape. The total length of the hoses is 32.8 feet.
- Consumers praise this cleaner vacuum for its versatility. It’s ideal for in-ground, above- ground, intex and many more
- It cleans quite well and will eliminate large debris such as leaves, grass and also tiny dirt, algae or dust particles
- connecting the cleaner to the pump and filter to any pumping unit is easy and doesn’t need complex tools. It also takes minimal time
- A number of people complain that it may shake when turned on filler. This may be de to increased pressure
- According to some users, the instructions are a bit vague and this may extend the time needed to assemble the unit
6. Dolphin Escape, Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner
- By: Dolphin Escape
This above ground pool cleaner by Dolphin Escape weighs approximately 14 pounds and features a 40-foot long cable. It’s based on superior HyperBrush technology for better cleaning and SmartNav 2.0 technology that allows for effective scanning. For improved efficiency, it runs on two 24-volt DC motors.
- Its light (14lbs) and this boosts cleaning speeds with a cycle taking approximately 1.5 hours
- Users love this unit for being fast but producing very little noise
- Some people complain that the 40-foot cord isn’t very long and an extension maybe required, of course, at an additional cost
- According to some reviews, while removing course debris such as leaves and grass isn’t a problem, the unit’s filters aren’t very effective for gathering fine dirt/dust particles
5. Aquabot Spirit, Pool Cleaner Pool Cleaner
- By: Aquabot Spirit
This pool cleaner is designed for both in-ground and above-ground pools. It features anti-tangle mechanism that allows the accessory swivel for up to 360 degrees. To create powerful suction and offer good performance, the cleaner comes with dual impeller high-flow jet propulsion mechanism. Unlike other units, you don’t have to turn it upside-down to clean the filters.
- “The unit may be light but its cleaning is very impressive.” This is what some consumers have to say about this cleaner
- Consumers like it solid feel and versatility which makes eliminating dirt and dust from in-ground or above-ground pool easy. It’s also easy to clean and maintain
- Several users say that it isn’t very reliable on stairs and walls and may get stuck at one point
- it appears that this pool cleaner has some issues when dealing with fine algae and dust
4. Aquabot, Elite In-ground Robotic Pool Cleaner
- By: Aquabot
The Aquabot Elite pool cleaner comes in a sleek and sophisticated design. It’s meant for in-ground pools and weighs approximately 10 pounds. To prevent tangling, the unit can swivel for 360 degrees. It also includes dual brushes for scrubbing stubborn dirt, stains, algae and biofilm. Also included is a variable interval timer and convenient transport caddy.
- People already using this pool cleaner talk-positively about its portability thanks to its lightness and compactness. The unit also works much faster compared to other options
- Consumers give it thumbs for its good and stylish look and being fairly-silent
- Users drawn by its sophisticated nature and elegance get disappointed after learning it’s designed for in-ground and not above ground pools
- It has issues climbing stairs and will remain in the same spot for a bit long
3. Zodiac, MX6 Automatic In-ground Pool Cleaner
- By: Zodiac
Designed for in-ground pools, the Zodiac MX6 automatic cleaner comes in an innovative low-flow design. This makes it compatible with 2 or variable speed pumps. It uses cyclonic suction to create powerful and articulating turbulence that eliminates unwanted debris. Other features include quick-connect swiveling hoses, automatic Weir Valve, hose protector, 90-degree Twist lock elbow, Flow Regulator Valve, and 7 x 1.2m long hoses.
- Carrying this unit is quite simple thanks to the integrated handle
- The cleaner scores highly in regard to elegance, flawless design and performance
- Although the twist and lock hoses work better, some users believe that using traditional hoses is much easier and simpler
- The instructions on connecting and assembling the pieces aren’t very clear and newbies may be a bit challenged
2. Intex, Automatic Pool Cleaner
- By: Intex
The Intex Automatic pool cleaner is fit for intex pools that are laid above ground. It works with filter pumps delivering a flow rate of between 1600 – 3500gph. The newly designed- unit attaches to connectors whose hoses measure 24ft 7 inches and will work with most products from the Intex brand. It’s fairly simple to assemble thanks to the non-sophisticated design.
- Simple to assemble and works perfectly for most in-ground pools especially from the Intex brand
- Even after years of using, the pool cleaners work fine without developing leaks or leaving behind dust or dirt
- The unit isn’t very suitable for stairs or steps and may remain on the same spot too long
- Some consumers say that it may at times only move in one direction especially after facing an obstacle such as a step/ stair
1. Water Tech, Pool Blaster Catfish Li Pool & Spa Cleaner
- By: Water Tech
Topping our list of the best 10 pool vacuums in 2017 is the Water Tech Pool Blaster Catfish Li Pool & Spa Cleaner. The cleaner is suitable for an array f uses including above-ground pools, in-ground pools, spas and hot tubs. It relies on Max-Cone Technology that compact the dirt, dust and debris into the included filter bag. The cordless unit is powered by rechargeable battery and comes with no cords or hoses. For easy handling and maneuverability it features a telescoping pole whereas its
- Lightweight makes using and moving from point to point easy
- The cleaner works fast and will effectively get rid any debris including dust, leaves, dirt, algae and sand
- The battery recharges relatively fast and also lasts for a reasonable time
- Many consumers would have preferred if it came with the telescoping pole
- It doesn’t come with a charge indicator and the location of the ON/Off button isn’t the best
Truth is there are all kinds of vacuums for cleaning swimming pools. Some are more appropriate for small or residential pools while others can handle very large or commercial pools. There are some accessories that can handle any kind of dirt or debris while others may not handle large leaves or fine dirt well. To assist you get the right accessory that will suit your needs and possibly personal preference, we compared different items and came up with the top 10.
The listed devices are easy to use, can be used in different settings, are portable, and require minimal maintenance. Cleaning the pool shouldn’t take too much time, require lots of effort, or be tasking. Simply follow this top 10 best pool vacuum in 2017 reviews and become a proud owner or manager of a clean and inviting pool.