Whether you’re going camping, to an outing with friends or even on a long-distance road trip, this is one of the first things you need to secure. Sleeping bags are crucial in making sure that you will be able to sleep in a warm, relaxing and comfortable space. It will make you feel more rested than sleeping on a hard surface.
Most people think that it doesn’t even matter what brand you buy because sleeping bags are all the same. Well, that’s wrong. Aside from variations in their weight, material, and size, several brand companies can produce more quality sleeping bags better than others.
- Top 10 Best Sleeping Bags in 2017 Reviews:
- 10. ALPS Mountaineering Twin Peak +20 Double Sleeping Bag
- 9. Coleman North Rim Extreme Weather Sleeping Bag
- 8. Slumberjack, Big Scout 30 Degree Kids Sleeping Bag
- 7. Browning Camping McKinley 0 Degree Sleeping Bag
- 6. Best Choice Products Mummy Sleeping Bag with Carrying Case, Orange/Grey/Black
- 5. Aektiv Outdoors 15 Degree Ultralight Mummy Down Sleeping Bag for camping
- 4. TETON Sports Mammoth Double Sleeping Bag
- 3. Klymit, KSB 20 Down Sleeping Bag
- 2. Grizzly by Black Pine 2 Person Sleeping Bag
- 1. Kelty Cosmic 20 Degree Sleeping Bag
Top 10 Best Sleeping Bags in 2017 Reviews:
There are a lot of things you need to consider when buying a sleeping bag. From just how heavy it will be to how often it will be used, these factors must be considered to get nothing but the best kind. If you’re thinking of buying a sleeping bag for your next trip but you’re having a hard time choosing then don’t worry. Because listed below are the top 10 best sleeping bags according to 2017 reviews and buyer’s guide.
10. ALPS Mountaineering Twin Peak +20 Double Sleeping Bag
If you’re looking for a sleeping bag with a lot of free space for a 2nd person then this one is for you. ALPS’s double sleeping bag is a recommended item for those couples or families that are going camping. It also has a set of very impressive features, and here are some of them.
- 68 inches wide.
- Made of high quality and very comfortable materials. The sleeping bag’s shell is made out of nylon while the lining is made out of polyester.
- Has a green and gray color motif
- 11.6 pounds Item weight
- Has a temperature rating of 20 Fahrenheit Celsius, perfect for sleeping.
- 2-pocket feature on each side for storing purposes.
- Can be converted into a single-size sleeping bag, each side is detachable.
9. Coleman North Rim Extreme Weather Sleeping Bag
But if you’re a hardcore fan of camping outside during extremely cold weathers then this one is for you. The Coleman North Rim is the perfect sleeping companion when camping on areas with brutal temperature ranging from 0 to 10 Fahrenheit Celsius. It gathered excellent reviews from campers everywhere since its release. Do you want to know why? Read the list of features it has.
- Has a size than can fit people with a height of up to 6 feet and 2 inches.
- Completely made of polyester. Both outer and inner parts of the bag.
- Box-shaped bottom, allowing your feet to make movements while inside the bag.
- Has a quilt-like built to it, completely repelling cold spots?
- Made with Coleman’s very own ComfortSmart Technology, giving you the assurance of a well crafted and highly-durable sleeping bag.
- Has a semi-adjusted drawstring hood, helping the heat to be trapped inside the bag.
- 3 yr. limited warranty
- The Coleman North Rim sleeping can also be used during warmer nights. And that’s because it also has a bottom zipper feature, allowing some of the heat to escape and make you more comfortable.
8. Slumberjack, Big Scout 30 Degree Kids Sleeping Bag
Kids are also huge fans of the outdoors. Whether they are proper scouts or they just love camping, they must have a proper sleeping bag to keep them well rested over-night. If you’re looking for a sleeping bag that is perfect for young adventurers then you should buy this one. Some of its most notable features are
- Materials used on it are all varieties of polyester. The shell fabric and lining are made out of pure polyester. The insulation, on the other hand, is made out of 100% polyester fiber.
- Has a trapezoid-shape foot box, giving your kid a small amount of extra space to move his/her feet.
- A temperature rating of 30º Degree Celsius.
- Has a built-in pillow pocket to make sure the pillow will stay in place all night long.
- Contains a draft tube along its zipper line to prevent cold spots.
- The Boy Scout sleeping bag already garnered warm reviews from users who have brought the product.
7. Browning Camping McKinley 0 Degree Sleeping Bag
Are you searching for a heavy duty sleeping bag? If so, then this one is for you. The Brown Camping McKinley sleeping bag has been dubbed as the best-selling 0 degrees sleeping in the market. It is a hooded rectangular over-sized sleeping bag perfect for any type of camping weather you’ll encounter. Want to find out what made it #7 on this list? Read on.
- Two layer construction, providing more warmth and comfort to the user.
- Insulation is made up of high-quality Techloft technology.
- Weighs 8.75 lbs.
- This sleeping bag also has a contoured hood and an insulated chest to keep you warm on cold nights.
- It also boasts a zipper baffle feature, preventing the heat from escaping the bag.
- One great thing about this bag is that it’s very easy to carry. It comes with a compression stuff bag of its own and roll-up straps for easy transfer wherever you may want to sleep.
6. Best Choice Products Mummy Sleeping Bag with Carrying Case, Orange/Grey/Black
Best ChoiceProducts MummySleepingBag with Carrying Case, Orange/Grey/Black
The first lightweight sleeping bag on the list. This best choice mummy sleeping bag is perfect for those campers who just want to have a comfortable place to sleep in during their trips. But don’t underestimate this sleeping bag because it also has a set of very convenient features. And they are as follows.
- Envelope-style sleeping bag for easy career and storing purposes.
- Made of waterproof materials.
- Perfect for indoor and outdoor use.
- Comes with its very own carrying case.
26’’ inches wide.
- This sleeping bag is perfect for camp beginners and individuals who don’t spend that much time doing outdoor activities.
5. Aektiv Outdoors 15 Degree Ultralight Mummy Down Sleeping Bag for camping
AektivOutdoors15Degree UltralightMummyDown SleepingBag for Camping &backpacking with Compression Sack
If you’re looking for a sleeping bag perfect for warmer seasons such as summer, spring, and fall, then this is it. The Aektiv Outdoors Sleeping bag is the ideal product to buy if you’re not a fan of camping during the winter. It already has collected of great reviews from satisfied customers. One even said that though his height is 6’11”, it still fit him perfectly. The following are some of its key features.
- Mummy-shaped bag
- Very Lightweight, only weighs 3.5 pounds.
- Comes with a compression sack for easy carry everywhere.
- Has a fixed temperature of 15 degree Celsius, perfect for keeping your warm during cool nights.
- Extra space in the foot area so you can comfortably move your feet while you’re sleeping.
- The high-quality Aektiv Outdoor sleeping bag.
4. TETON Sports Mammoth Double Sleeping Bag
The second double-sized sleeping bag on this list. This is recommended for couple campers as it has enough space for them to move around and cuddle some more while sleeping. Some of the features that make this sleeping bag a camping necessity are written right below. Limited lifetime warranty. The company’s team is dedicated to providing the best kind of service they can give to their clients. And with that being said, they offer a limited lifetime warranty and 24/7 help to any of their customers.
- Made of highly durable materials that can last for years even with constant use.
- The insulation is made up of Superloft Elite fiber fill, perfect for removing cold spots and drafts.
- Come in 0F and 20F versions.
- Has a massive dimensional measurement of 92 x 67 inches, providing enough space for you and your partner to have fun while lying in the bag.
- Has zipper features on each side and at the bottom for easy access and warmer nights. It also contains draft tubes to keep the heat in.
- This TETON Sports Double-sized sleeping bag is a definitely heavy duty but it is the perfect sleeping companion for you and your significant other.
3. Klymit, KSB 20 Down Sleeping Bag
But if you’re looking for a sleeping bag that can work with different types of environment and still be comfortable, then this is the product for you. One of the most lauded products on the market, the KB sleeping bag is one of the best things you’ll see out there. With a weight of only 2.75 lbs, it’s one of the lightest sleeping bags you can purchase. Some of its excellent features are
- The sleeping bag’s outer layer was made with a special water repellant treatment, protecting it from any sort of moisture.
- Made of high-quality rid-stop nylon material.
- Has an expanded chest area, allowing the users to move and be more comfortable all throughout the night.
- Rated with a 20F temperature and is suited for the three different seasons.
- Insulated Mummy hood.
- Stash pockets to store small important stuff such as phone and wallet.
- The KB sleeping bag is perfect for all types of individual.
2. Grizzly by Black Pine 2 Person Sleeping Bag
Finishing as a runner-up on this countdown is the Grizzly by Black Pine dual-person sleeping bag. If you and your partner are big on camping outside while it’s cold then this is the sleeping bag you need to purchase. It can keep you warm and comfortable despite the brutally cold weather you’re in. It also boasts some of the greatest sleeping bag features you’ll see in the market. And they are
- 95 X 60 inches dimensional measurement, making it one of the biggest sleeping bags you’ll see.
- Weighs around 12.5 pounds.
- Can be cleaned using your washing machine. Just hang it then to dry.
- Insulation is made up of special microfiber fill, keeping you warm and comfortable.
- Has a flannel lining for that cozy feel.
- Made of rib-stop nylon.
- The shell has 2 constructed layers, keeping you as warm as possible.
- Chest baffles and draft tubes to keep the warmth inside.
1. Kelty Cosmic 20 Degree Sleeping Bag
Leading the list is the Kelty Cosmic sleeping bag. Why? Because it has got to be one of the most sought-after sleeping bags in the market. One reviewer even said that he spent days looking for the product as it was sold out at many retailers. Curious as to what the features are? Well here are some of them.
- Weighs 2.8 pounds, making it one of the lightest sleeping bags in the market.
- Comes in short, regular and long sizes.
- Can fit people with the height of up to 6ft.
- The zippers have draft tubes to keep the cold weather from entering the bag. It also has anti-snag features.
- Has a temperature comfort rating of 20F/ -7 degree Celsius.
- Packed with a thermal hood feature and a nicely fit foot box.
- 550 fill DriDown
These are the ten best sleeping bags in 2017 reviews and buyer’s guide. If you’re still clueless on what to buy then settle on the first place of course. Why? Because the KeltyCosmic20 degree sleeping bag has the all the things you’re looking for.
It is made up of highly durable materials; it is constructed carefully and can come in three different sizes. It is perfect for both warm and cold-weather camping trips. It is very easy to carry and cool features to make the overall experience better. So what are you waiting for? Go buy now.